The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfer

B-Bye :)

The picture was Photoshopped. It's been posted with the logo of every team imaginable out there. Why? Because how often are you going to find a picture of a child giving the finger?

No kidding. If your gut didn't tell you that right off the bat, note that the shirt he's wearing has the Kappa (soccer) logo all over it. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they don't make NHL apparel.

Okay, here's the one excuse I'll accept for why the Slugs lost. That's right, Slugs fans, you are allowed to use this as a reason for why the Slugs lost the ECF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWzSL4N7Xs''>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWzSL4N7Xs' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWzSL4N7Xs[/post]

;)

Did you notice the "Miller sucks! trade him!" comment? :huh: I bet if more of the Slug fans were like dboon and Melissa , maybe the hockey gods would smile on Buffalo.

No one I know is making excuses. We don't think our team played as well as they could have, but the Sens are a very good team. We have no one to blame except some poor playing on our team's part and some fantastic hockey by the Sens. That's what happens...

Why did we not hear this last year?

Okay, here's the one excuse I'll accept for why the Slugs lost. That's right, Slugs fans, you are allowed to use this as a reason for why the Slugs lost the ECF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcWzSL4N7Xs

;)

Did you notice the "Miller sucks! trade him!" comment? :huh: I bet if more of the Slug fans were like dboon and Melissa , maybe the hockey gods would smile on Buffalo.

I've said this many times to their fans on this board and the Sabres board. There are some really good fans but I think there are sooo many rude/obnoxious/show no respect to other teams fans that they shadow the few good ones. That's ALOT of negative energy going their way. I still say that when the majority learns some respect for other teams and stop with all the excuses, the team will be sucessful.

At least they cannot blame this loss on anyone but themselves. They had a chance on that screwed up call that gave them a PP with only 3 minutes left in regulation. I'm actually glad now that call was made, b/c if it wasn't they'd been saying they could've won it but didn't b/c of a blown call :lol:

Actually its MY fault they didn't win. See I was bound and determined to chant "Afinogenov" and the hockey gods were not happy with it so uh, they punished the Sabres for not having chant-able names :unsure:

They lost because they just never really got their act together in the playoffs. Being a fast team doesn't help when you're playing another fast team, who happens to have a fantastic line and can hit.

Oh, and evicting the squirrel on the ice at HSBC Arena before round 3 game 1 jinxed them. ;) They should have just directed it to the Ottawa dressing room.

No one I know is making excuses. We don't think our team played as well as they could have, but the Sens are a very good team. We have no one to blame except some poor playing on our team's part and some fantastic hockey by the Sens. That's what happens...

you are a great fan dboone. You should be a model for most fans of ALL teams, including the Canes

If my numbers are correct (and I'M SURE someone will let me know if they're not), the Sens won 5 of the 8 regular season meetings between the two. Add this series and the Sens won 9 of 13. So, they clearly had advantageous match ups and knew how to blow up the Sabres style of play. IMO, it's no big shock that the #1 seed was ousted by the #4 seed. No excuses...Buffalo was beaten by a better team.

But just to play along, my vote would go to the fact that the city is cursed. Just look at the facts which prompted the infamous T-shirt:

Bills 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses beginning with "Wide Right"

Sabres cheated out of a potential Stanley Cup by the Hull "No Goal"

Sabres booted out of the play-offs by the Flyers which included the "Phantom Goal"

Bills ousted from the play-offs by the Titans on the "Forward Lateral" (which was legal BTW)

After the fourth Super Bowl loss, I saw a shirt that said "Buffalo...a drinking town with a football problem." Scratch "football," insert "hockey."

you are a great fan dboone. You should be a model for most fans of ALL teams, including the Canes

Yes, dboone and Melissa are great fans. Now, you guys pleeezz just teach the rest of your fans what you know ;)

NO EXCUSES.

Ottawa was the better team. :(. Sabres need a new Power Play coach. But if we can keep the core of our team we'll be fine.

BUFFALO SABRES STANLEY CUP IN 2008!!!!!!

Way to be positive BMB! There are a lot of great things Buffalo can take from this season, even with your unfortunate coach. (If Buffalo would just ditch him, I'd have no problem cheering for them!) The Sabres had a great run, it will be interesting to see what happens to the team in the off season.

p.s. If the sabres are looking to free up a little money, I'd love to have Zubrus in Carolina. Could you imagine him on a line with Eric Cole?

p.p.s. While I like that you are being positive, it's going to be the Hurricanes in 2008 who win the cup.

The picture was Photoshopped. It's been posted with the logo of every team imaginable out there. Why? Because how often are you going to find a picture of a child giving the finger?

No kidding. If your gut didn't tell you that right off the bat, note that the shirt he's wearing has the Kappa (soccer) logo all over it. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they don't make NHL apparel.

Yea..i saw that after i posted it ...oops :unsure: