The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac59

Where is Hedican?

I think we have plenty of young d-men we need to evaluate and it is more important to get them into a game. Hedican should be alright.

And if he isn't, we will at least know if we can call up a rookie, or will we need to trade for a D-man.

It's just odd to me every other D man has played in the pre-season games except Hedican, so why play them, risk them getting injured, but not Hedican? It just makes me go want to go hmmm?

He did play some Wed. night but the big question will be can he take a hard hit?

i would say the defense usually doesnt take many hits, but that a bigger question is will he be able to dish out a hard hit? i hope his physical play doesnt decrease any

more than likely that they don't want a pre season injury. someone else noted in another thread that it seemed as though there was a "no hit zone" around Hedican and Kaberle during the red/white scrimmages

more than likely that they don't want a pre season injury. someone else noted in another thread that it seemed as though there was a "no hit zone" around Hedican and Kaberle during the red/white scrimmages

There also seemed to be a no hit zone around Brind'Amour and Whitney as well, so I wouldn't chalk that up to them (Kab and Hedican) not being healthy enough to play. You don't want to injure your top guys in a Red/White Scrimmage.

As far as Hedican, he's experienced, and you really don't need him playing in a preseason to see what he's got. The org knows what Hedican can bring to the table already and they really need to see what type of defense we have in the system, just in case. I see no problem keeping Hedican out of the preseason games to evaluate the younger kids and to give him alittle more time before opening night.

My thought on sitting Hedi out for the pre-season is that it is dumb. Seems to me we would want to know early on if he is not going to be able to skate at full speed and hit. I mean, he said that if he could not hold up, he would retire. The sooner we know the answer to that, the better of we will be interms of filling that slot.

I'm not surprised that he hasn't played in a pre-season game yet, but I also expect him to get at least one or two under his belt. I expect him to play tomorrow night in Washington. We'll see. I'm sure everyone will be holding their breath when he takes (or gives) that first hit!