The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mvp-1

Tim Gleason

I know Gleason got a 10 min. misconduct penalty in Nashville on Saturday. I also understand (and I think Chuck K. explained this too) that if you get three misconducts that's a 1 game suspension, 4 misconducts, 2 games, ect, ect. So, does the misconduct that Gleason got Saturday night count against him once the regular season starts??

It shouldn't. If Chris Simon's suspension doesn't count in the preseason then these misconducts shouldn't.

What did he do to get a misconduct penalty?

Not quite sure since we could only listen. But at first Williams got in a scuffle with someone, then all of a sudden Chuck was talking about how Gleason and Fidler were going to get game misconducts.

What did he do to deserve a misconduct???

NOTHING.

He was doing his job.

LOL

My sentiments exactly.

And why I think Tim is such a diamond in the making. Watching him on the ice, and with Jeff Daniels help this guy is a future all-star imo. Big, fast, and plays with an edge and is learning to think his way around the ice.

Jack Johnson is nothing more then a prospect. Tim Gleason is the real deal now. Imagine this team without Tim now? Will Jack be better then him in 5 years? Maybe. But with our lineup of Forwards we got a shot to win now.

Gleason=Right guy at Right time.

My sentiments exactly.

And why I think Tim is such a diamond in the making. Watching him on the ice, and with Jeff Daniels help this guy is a future all-star imo. Big, fast, and plays with an edge and is learning to think his way around the ice.

Jack Johnson is nothing more then a prospect. Tim Gleason is the real deal now. Imagine this team without Tim now? Will Jack be better then him in 5 years? Maybe. But with our lineup of Forwards we got a shot to win now.

Gleason=Right guy at Right time.

Well said.

I also like Gleason's attitude a lot better than Johnson's.

I read that they have slightly changed some of the rules. Did they change the rules about altercations? I mean, if one player gets into it and another jumps in, does that count as "interfereing" those a "Misconduct" is called?

Just curious!