The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
BoC

Canes receive a back-handed slap.

yeah, that guy must have lots of time on his hands, i can think of some worse team names (butte pirates made me laugh pretty hard though). oh well, doesnt mean our names come off that cup!

I had to look up "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim". I didn't know that was actually their name. Of course, I haven't watched a baseball game since they were the California Angels.

Oh, and that's Carolina Hurricanes of Raleigh of North Carolina, by the way! :lol:

Yeesh. You'd think they could reserve that title for a team that's actually relatively LOW in attendance...ya know, like Boston or Chicago.

I stumbled upon one of those Top Ten lists, this one being the http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Top10/2007/06/24/4484774-sun.html' target="_blank">10 Worst Sports Names;[/post] the list is a good one, but I was very disappointed with one particular comment (you'll know it when you see it).

Maybe i am slow and need to take the short yellow bus to the RBC Center but i don't get this?? What am i missing??

Pay attention to the last sentence:

5. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Coming soon: the Milwaukee Packers of Green Bay, the Ottawa Senators of Kanata, the New York Islanders of Uniondale and the Carolina Hurricanes of Who Gives a Rat's *edit*.

I think that's what BoC was refering to.

Pay attention to the last sentence:

I think that's what BoC was refering to.

I must have had either a blonde moment or an Alzhiemers moment, duh!! i have read that ten times and missed it each time.

I must have had either a blonde moment or an Alzhiemers moment, duh!! i have read that ten times and missed it each time.

:blink: Well I read it 11 times and missed it (doobie doobie-having a very bad blonde day today) and never could find a reference to Carolina Hurricanes-I feel smarter now. Nice to know I have others (remain nameless) who has blonde moments too. :rolleyes:

:blink: Well I read it 11 times and missed it (doobie doobie-having a very bad blonde day today) and never could find a reference to Carolina Hurricanes-I feel smarter now. Nice to know I have others (remain nameless) who has blonde moments too. :rolleyes:

yep and sometimes i go for long rides on the short yellow bus.

yep and sometimes i go for long rides on the short yellow bus.

Hey..that's not funny...I rode the short bus. <_< I did for real...but not for the normal reason everyone thinks :D

Hey..that's not funny...I rode the short bus. <_< I did for real...but not for the normal reason everyone thinks :D

Well there are days i feel like i ride that bus for all the reasons everyone thinks, when i am "on" i am brilliant but then there are those other days!! :lol: :lol:

I tried to respond by email however it wont go through. I wanted to give them a little pice of my mind. I said some pretty nasty stuff so it is just as well so I want have to answer for it to the big man upstairs.