The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
katy

Jason Karmanos resigns

Makes you wonder what's up with that.

Damn skippy guys. WOW I don't see this as a good thing and I can only speculate. Will be interesting to see the next few news releases say. I hope my mind is speculating wrong and in the wrong direction on this one. Let's wait and see.........

Okay....this is not good at all. What tha? A million things are rushing through my head. I wish they would tell us what those personnel reasons are. Let the rumors began......

Maybe he just wants to spend more time with his family. His job has to be really stressful and time consuming. No need to go freaking out...

Not one to stoke the rumor fires, but after the SC run it was floated about town that Karmanos was hopeful some locals would take up a minority ownership position with the team. While I never heard anymore about it, I've seen the occasional news post about the corporate sells at the RBC center being "disappointing" following the SC run.

I for one hope a more detailed press release comes out.

Never can be positive when the owner's son ends his ties with the team out of the blue. Even if he wanted to spend more time with his family he could have just taken a different position with the team, to completely get out of the business of hockey with the Carolina Hurricanes is VERY odd.

Very interesting! Personal reasons? Through my ventures I have seen this stated before something nasty happened. Hope I am wrong on this account.

Good luck Jason!

Now, who will take his spot? To me, the only choice would be Francis. I wonder what good ole' dad has to say about this move? Will he be next?

I can't say that the resignation of Jason Karmanos doesn't worry me a bit. I don't think it's the best sign, but I'm trying to think positive. Francis taking his place would be a great move and would probably aleviate some people's fears. I'd hate to think that something is brewing with the team. Management shake-ups aren't usually a sign of good things to come. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to see what happens. Besides, in the end there isn't much we can really do when it comes to decision making and people leaving the organization. Let's all just take some deep breaths and wait it out. :)

Never can be positive when the owner's son ends his ties with the team out of the blue. Even if he wanted to spend more time with his family he could have just taken a different position with the team, to completely get out of the business of hockey with the Carolina Hurricanes is VERY odd.

His dad owns more than just a hockey team so we don't know what else may be going on.

I wouldn't read a whole lot into this, if it were JR resigning then that is something to worry about but IMO this was a "make work" job in daddy's company. Would be a great PR move though to put Francis in the position given that he is working with the minor league talent then he can be the decision maker on contracts.

I understand that this is a bit of unexpected news but he and his wife were expecting their third child and I've never seen an announcement of it and Sundheim announced all the other births this summer. Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe, God forbid, something bad happened there? Or maybe he's just decided after all this time with the Canes that he wants to be there to watch his children grow up? I just don't think it's necessary to go into a complete panic because Jason resigned for personal reasons. That's my 2 cents.

I understand that this is a bit of unexpected news but he and his wife were expecting their third child and I've never seen an announcement of it and Sundheim announced all the other births this summer. Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe, God forbid, something bad happened there? Or maybe he's just decided after all this time with the Canes that he wants to be there to watch his children grow up? I just don't think it's necessary to go into a complete panic because Jason resigned for personal reasons. That's my 2 cents.

Good point. Obviously they aren't going to tell us why because it is personal and despite what we think, we have no right to expect more than that.

No need to get an ulcer because Jason decided to move on from his job here.