The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
katy

Jason Karmanos resigns

Good point. Obviously they aren't going to tell us why because it is personal and despite what we think, we have no right to expect more than that.

No need to get an ulcer because Jason decided to move on from his job here.

we will save our ulcers for when JR resigns/retires!! :lol:

Thanks TH24, great minds think alike, eh? ;)

HA HA HA C97 yeah, when JR goes, THEN it's panic time around here!

Great minds...exactly...hey, we should meet up at a game sometime! LOL :lol:

If JR goes, even I will be getting some ulcers.

I understand that this is a bit of unexpected news but he and his wife were expecting their third child and I've never seen an announcement of it and Sundheim announced all the other births this summer. Did anyone ever stop to think that maybe, God forbid, something bad happened there? Or maybe he's just decided after all this time with the Canes that he wants to be there to watch his children grow up? I just don't think it's necessary to go into a complete panic because Jason resigned for personal reasons. That's my 2 cents.

That makes sense. Hadn't thought about it like that.

I'm not sure if any of you saw this yet.......

It's from lord stanley's blog:

Karmanos: Not a hasty decision

Jason Karmanos' resignation was sudden enough that he's still listed on the game notes for tonight's game at the Columbus Blue Jackets, but the Hurricanes' vice president and assistant general manager

Very Suprising. Guess I'll be the jerk here and voice my opinion. When I see personal reasons I have to think we will see a press release soon that is not good. It may be truly personal i.e a family issue, or a run in with the police. Damn....don't quite know what to think of this one.

Disregard my entire comment after reading the truth. Best of luck to Jason.

I don't see much into this either as far as the team and its effect on the fans. As to the real reason, who the hell knows but I don't see it as a factor now or of things to come.
Yeah, no need to panic, at least we still have one Karmanos left.... ;)

I was talking to my brother about this and he was telling me that Jason was working under JR and even though he was running the Albany signings and such he still had to have JR approve each signing. Maybe he and JR weren't agreeing on somethings or maybe he's just tired of the whole thing.

Will be interesting if any additional news come out, but unless I hear JR resigning or PK selling the team, I'm gonna hold onto my panic.

LOL..........even his own kid can't stand him

Unless you're a robot, there's no way that's not funny. :lol:

As for Jason, best of luck to him. I DO hope Ronnie takes the job.

JR says Francis is on his short list for replacement along with Marshall Johnston. Personally I think Francis will be great, its just does he want that extra work.

Jim Rutherford, the president and general manager of the Carolina Hurricanes, said Friday that former Canes star Ron Francis "will certainly be at the top of my list" as he looks to replace Jason Karmanos as the club's assistant general manager.

http://www.wral.com/sports/story/1868736/

Maybe Glen will stay onboard after his retirement, too? Rod won't retire til he's about 90, so that's not gonna be an option for a very long time.

And I thought Ron retired ultimately to spend more time w/ Mary Lou & their children?

I saw in a few places that Ronnie Franchise wants the job. I don't think that there is anyone better to represent the team than him. It also sounds like JR is pushing for this also. #10 (also #21 in the early Cane years) would be a solid addition in the upper front office as he has done a great job with the player development gig they first gave him. He loves the organization, the players, the city, and the league. He respects the game and knows what it takes to win. Give him the big office with the view of the parking lot.

I saw in a few places that Ronnie Franchise wants the job. I don't think that there is anyone better to represent the team than him. It also sounds like JR is pushing for this also. #10 (also #21 in the early Cane years) would be a solid addition in the upper front office as he has done a great job with the player development gig they first gave him. He loves the organization, the players, the city, and the league. He respects the game and knows what it takes to win. Give him the big office with the view of the parking lot.

No doubt he would be a good fit for JR but my question is would he want it? Basically whoever takes the job needs to be inthe grooming mode for when JR retires and after Rons long career missing his kids growing up I am not convinced that he will want to get back into Long hours, on call, pressure...Of course maybe the assistant GM job would be a little more cush but what about in a couple of years when JR is ready to go?

Call me sceptical but you just don't suddenly resign citing personal reasons just before the begining of the season... That is one of those jobs where (particularly if your Dad owns it) you announce it in February that June 1 you will be leaving because you are burnt out. I have rarely seen an example in corporate America that when a guy says he leaving for personal non medical reasons or he leaving to pursue other interests that there was not something going behind the scenes with Management or Ownership/ Board of Directors. My two cents is I ain't drinking the "I suddenly decided one week before the opening game to resign" Kool aid. I wish him well and hopefully Ron will take the job after careful consideration about the time commits.

Did anyone else besides me see Jason at the game last night? We were standing at the bar on the club level, and as we turned to walk away saw Jason standing nearby talking to a couple. He was dressed casual, wearing jeans and a sweatshirt/sweater. As people walked by him you could hear "Isn't that Jason Karamonis?" Considering the attention he was getting he seemed pretty laid back and relaxed.