The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

WHO WILL SCORE THE 1ST CANES GOAL THIS SEASON ?

Don't know why I'm posting this as my gloating now comes to an end. The goal is back to Staal.

So Congrats all those who said Staal:

Upon Further Review

Further replay reviews confirmed that Eric Staal scored the Hurricanes' first goal after all Wednesday night. The scoring change was made official this morning.

Staal initially was credited with the goal off a power-play shot from the right point in the Hurricanes' 3-2 overtime loss to the Montreal Canadiens. But the first period goal went into the books Wednesday night as a goal for Erik Cole, whom officials credited with deflecting Staal's shot after reviewing replays.

No word from Bob Saget or anyone from the NHL this morning on the definitive video clip that put this debate (hopefully) to rest.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/index....p;tb=1&pb=1

Oh well, If it's a CH goal I don't care who gets the credit just as long as it's a goal. Congrats to Eric afterall and all those who said he score first. Good way to start the season Eric. Keep it up!

Oh well, If it's a CH goal I don't care who gets the credit just as long as it's a goal. Congrats to Eric afterall and all those who said he score first. Good way to start the season Eric. Keep it up!

seen on the back of CYAH t-shirts: "it's amazing how much can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit"

seen on the back of CYAH t-shirts: "it's amazing how much can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit"

Best t-shirts ever made by youth hockey around here.

And just for bragging rights, I was the first one to post Eric Staal would have the first goal :D

Best t-shirts ever made by youth hockey around here.

And just for bragging rights, I was the first one to post Eric Staal would have the first goal :D

Well to all the Staal people,,you were in :D ,,then you were out :angry: and now your back in :D again!!!So congrats on your good call and your patience with the official and i Hope the final change!!! :blink::blink::blink: