The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
tvillecaniac23

team mvp so far

It is awfully early. But it's either Staal or Ward. Staal is looking great and is a key to our success, but:

I would have to go with Ward. He has a .950 save percentage good for 4th in the league. At least two of the goals he allowed were on 5 on 3's.

The game against the Caps would not have ended differently, unless the players are deliberately tanking when JG is in the net. We didn't score a goal, therefore we could not have won. J.G. did not lose that game.

With that said, without a single even strength goal against him so far, I would give the nod to Ward so far. Apparently if the guys could stay out of the box, he would have 3 shutouts already.

Ward still hasn't been beaten at even strength. The entire team has only given up the one es goal with Grahame in nets but he doesn't get any help. Staal and Ward are the obvious choices for mvp so far so why not go with an offensive mvp as well as a defensive one? They both look like they're returning to 05/06 form.

Cam Ward, followed by Staal. With Stiller back (even though 1 game) he looked great in that game. Nice nice passes to Cole across the ice to drive the net... if he can get the passing going again, kudos to him as well. But so far, Cam.

cam ward, hes back to his 2006 conn smythe form wich is what everybody has been wanting.

but of course you cant say cam ward without giving props to the defense. it has already been said that we are killing at even strength defense

however i am really liking stillman and hamilton as runner ups. they really seem to ignite whichever line they play on and make that line put up some points

Staal's putting the puck in the net, but more impressive is how often Cam's keeping it out. So I've got to go with the latter.

The biggest question mark going into this season is, Can our defense hold up? If he holds up Wesley has been playing like he is 10 years younger. How about when he turned Sid Crosby inside out?

My vote is for Wesley.

The biggest question mark going into this season is, Can our defense hold up? If he holds up Wesley has been playing like he is 10 years younger. How about when he turned Sid Crosby inside out?

My vote is for Wesley.

Very Very true, he has been playing great!!!