The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kevinrktect

Who is this Eklund?

I'm new here, but I've read through several topics both past and present and this name seems to show up anytime there is a trade rumor. And everyone seems to question anything he says/writes. Who is this guy?

During the lockout he was one of the main sources of info as to the who what when and where of the CBA, always had good info and had great contacts. Use to be a great source for trade rumors for the last two seasons but has since gotten too commercial and less reliable. Up until this off season if he got wind of a certain player being traded it was usually 90% accurate but this past off season I think he is making it up as he goes along.

I get the feeling that he just makes stuff up when there's not much going on in the hockey world. Can't say that I blame him... But still not someone that I trust with rumors.

I get the feeling that he just makes stuff up when there's not much going on in the hockey world. Can't say that I blame him... But still not someone that I trust with rumors.

Up until this off season you could almost bank on his info being correct but now I don't know if his sources are playing him or if he is just gotten too big for his own good.

Eklund is the guy that runs hockeybuzz.com. He's not the most valid of sources out there to say the least.

He gets somethings correct like the Foresburg trade (I think that was the one) but he can blow some big ones. Good info, but I am not beeting the mortgage on his info.