The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

The Irony In It All

I will be pulling for the Sens to win but the ironic part of it all will be Gerbs on the bench as the backup and Pronger as the bridesmaid, AGAIN!!

I want Ottawa to win, because a Canadien team hasn't won since the Habs, and I don't like Pronger....

I've seen a number of games at the Arrowhead Pond

(now the Honda Center) and I'm glad to see the Ducks

return to the finals - Congrats!

They will have their hands full with the Sens...

My highly uneducated prediction (even though I don't

want to see The Cup go back to Canada): Sens in 6.

I'm pulling for the Ducks to win, despite Pronger. They've got Selanne and Scott N., and Giggy has also started to grow on me. That's outweighed my hate for Pronger.

Not to mention, Anaheim is technically in the South. So once again, it's the South v Canada.

I've always liked the Senators, they've always had a good team just bad luck. I'd like to see Gerber win another one, he was the reason why we made the finals in the first place. The only weakness I see in the Sens lineup is Emery but he's been improving. It will be a fast series to say the least.

GO SENS BRING THE CUP BACK TO CANADA!

And now for the silly question of the day!!

How is home ice determined in the Cup finals? :unsure:

I think it would be by seeding. The Sens were a 4 seed and the Ducks a 2 seed. Points do not matter I believe.

And now for the silly question of the day!!

How is home ice determined in the Cup finals? :unsure:

I think it would be by seeding. The Sens were a 4 seed and the Ducks a 2 seed. Points do not matter I believe.

Makes sense..what if you have a #1 vs. #1 or #2 vs. #2?

Paper, scissors, rocks! LMAO

I actually was wondering this myself, yesterday

Paper, scissors, rocks! LMAO

I actually was wondering this myself, yesterday

The higher seeded team gets home ice.

IF both teams are seeded the same make the SCF, then the team with the better record gets home ice advantage.(Anaheim 48 20 14 110 ; Ottawa 48 25 9 105)

IF they have the same record / points, then it goes to tie breakers similar to determining playoff seedings (most wins, record vs. same opponent, how many players are left handed, etc......) :lol:

Not to mention, Anaheim is technically in the South. So once again, it's the South v Canada.

Actually most Leaf fans across Ontario and the greater part of Canada, don't want to see Ottawa win.

I read an article about how a lot of Leafs fans were still routing for Ottawa just because of the Canadian thing, which is kinda silly, considering they hate Ottawa so much.

But who knows, it was just an article, they probably only actually talked to like 5 fans. haha

Actually most Leaf fans across Ontario and the greater part of Canada, don't want to see Ottawa win.

you would think they would want the cup to return to Canada.

I'm rooting for Anaheim because I hate the Sens just as much as you guys hate the Sabres. :angry:

But I think Ottawa's going to win in 6. :(

GO DUCKS!

I really don't care. I'm gonna be pulling for Ottawa cause I love Spezza and Volchenkov and for Alfie. I think Alfie put up with a lot of crap from the fans and media and would love for him to lift that cup. Plus I actually like their coach, Murray.

However, if Anaheim wins, I won't be too upset. I'm not a Pronger hater and I wouldn't mind seeing Selanne win it.

They were breaking down this series on XM, well Denis Potvin and Scott Laughlin. Denis was saying that both teams are quite similar, in that, both teams are coached to not back down from anyone. He said the first game should be very interesting as both teams are gonna need to set the tone for the series. Said that Ottawa has yet to play against a big physical team which the Ducks are, but the Ducks take stupid nonsense penelties.

Yes, this series will be very interesting. One I was hoping for and cannot wait until Monday.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!!

I could care less who wins, rooting for the entry draft more then the SCF which is sad.

Hope Ducks win cause I find it funny Canada wins all the golds but the cup hasnt been to a Canadian located team in 14 years.

I'm not too picky about who wins it. I like the fact that neither team has won it before so its always good for the NHL when a new team gets the opportunity to win it. My opinion is that Ottawa deserves the cup after all the crap the team, coach and Captain took the first half of the year but we all know the Cup doesn't go to the most deserving team, it goes to the team that earns it.

I think the Ducks will take it in 6 or 7. The Ducks have yet to show us their A game and if they can get a little more disciplined, I think they can out muscle the Sens. The Sens have definitely been playing their A game all along and the only question is whether or not they can keep up the consistency. The Sens have yet to play a team that can match their physicality, the Ducks are that team.

I'd like to see a well fought 7 game series, and I hope that NBC actually lets us all enjoy watching the winning team raise the Cup rather than cut over to "The Tonight Show". :angry:

I'm not too picky about who wins it. I like the fact that neither team has won it before so its always good for the NHL when a new team gets the opportunity to win it. My opinion is that Ottawa deserves the cup after all the crap the team, coach and Captain took the first half of the year but we all know the Cup doesn't go to the most deserving team, it goes to the team that earns it.

I think the Ducks will take it in 6 or 7. The Ducks have yet to show us their A game and if they can get a little more disciplined, I think they can out muscle the Sens. The Sens have definitely been playing their A game all along and the only question is whether or not they can keep up the consistency. The Sens have yet to play a team that can match their physicality, the Ducks are that team.

I'd like to see a well fought 7 game series, and I hope that NBC actually lets us all enjoy watching the winning team raise the Cup rather than cut over to "The Tonight Show". :angry:

Putting my dislike of the Sens aside, I am choosing who I want to win based on players that I like, and it seems as though the only player on either team that I really like and would enjoy seeing win the cup is Selanne, so I guess I want the Ducks to win. I can't say I really want the Ducks to win though, it's more that I want to see the Sens lose. haha

nope, anaheim is no way part of the south. They are part of the west. and I will go to the grave with that thought. The thought of California being part of the south makes me want to throw up. Southern boy and proud wooooo) With that said, please keep Pronger's name off the cup.

While SoCal isn't technically in the "proper South" as we're in down here, people from there are considered as Southern in alot of places, as my Dad found out MANY years ago, when he told someone outside of Cali that he was from La Mesa (right outside of San Diego), & they called him a "Southerner".

When your team is out, I guess everyone has a reason why they pick the Ducks over Sens or vice versa. For me, geographic location and division do not enter the equation. Nor does the country the team is based in OR which of those countries has won how many cups and when.

As a fan of hockey I plan to watch the final round. Looking strictly and only at the two teams as two groups of guys who play hockey, I like the Sens better.

So....GO SENS!

I'd prefer for the Senators to win, although I'll still be happy if the Ducks win. I'd love for Alfredsson, Redden, and most everyone on the team to win a Cup, and it would be great to see Gerbs win another (even though I'm sure he'd rather be playing in the series rather than watching it.). As for Anaheim, if there's one Finn who deserves a Cup ring, it's Teemu Selanne. I actually don't hate Pronger, and it would be nice to see him win the big one. But I think Ottawa and their fans deserve it more, as they've been in the playoffs for ten straight seasons and have nothing to show for it.

Go Sens!

Get the broom out.

Prediction: Ottawa punishes Anaheim via PP for taking stupid penalties. Anaheim goes off their game (or continues taking the punishment).

Anaheim stole the series from the Red Wings, and were outplayed for most games. That's playoff hockey (and goaltending)!