The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

The Irony In It All

nope, anaheim is no way part of the south. They are part of the west. and I will go to the grave with that thought. The thought of California being part of the south makes me want to throw up. Southern boy and proud wooooo) With that said, please keep Pronger's name off the cup.

You divide the US in half, and it's definitely South. It's part of Bettman's grand scheme. Of course, his scheme differs on who you ask.

Some say over the last 3 years, Bettman's taken a team with failing attendence, put the refs on their side, and had them face against a Canadian team (to boost the ratings)

Others say Bettman's taken a good team, put them against a Canadian team (to boost the ratings), and let them play.

Not to mention, Anaheim is technically in the South. So once again, it's the South v Canada.

Actually most Leaf fans across Ontario and the greater part of Canada, don't want to see Ottawa win.

Wooo! Thank you Canada! Haha

I hate the Senators. They're right up there with the Leafs on teams I hate (the Leafs are first so that gives you an idea where the Sens are)

Go Ducks!

How can you not cheer for the Ducks? With Giggy, Selanne, Prongs, Neidermayer.. they're excellent!

I'll pull for the Sens. The last couple SCFs, I've gotten so tired of all the "Cup belongs in Canada," "win it for Canada" stuff. So I figure just have em win it now, get it out of their system so we don't have to hear that crap anymore. Plus I've always kinda sympathized with the Sens since they seem kinda like the red-headed stepchild among the 6 canadian teams, being that they have the shortest history and smallest fanbase.

Plus it would continue building the legend of Gerber.

Won't be upset if Anaheim wins though, I've got no problems with them. And it'd be fun to hear all the hand-wringing that would ensue if a sunbelt team won for the 3rd time in a row.

I'm at a stalemate, I like both teams equally as good, I think I'm going to have to wait until game 1 to see who I naturally start going for more over the other. I like Ottawa's style a little better, it's more of the modern, fast type of hockey but I've noticed they can also slow down a game. Where as I have in my mind that Anaheim is the more grinding, slow it down, defensive team. I don't know I almost feel like that besides Selanne, Anaheim is only a defensive team, where as Ottawa is a lot more versitile and can play either school of game and win. I still don't know, I wouldn't mind seeing Selanne get a ring, I wouldn't mind seeing Alfredsson, Heatley and Spezza get one either. Guess I'll figure out who I want to win when I watch it.

GO.....SENUCKS

All I gotta say is CBC Cup Belongs in Cali. I really don't hate Nottawa, it's just that as long as Chris Neil is playing for them I can never root for them. Ottawa winning would annoy Toronto fans and their is nothing better than an annoyed Toronto media.

Anyone else notice the last three teams that beat Detroit have lost in the SCF in 7 games?

According to Bob Ryan of PTI the Ducks need to "watch out for the Spezza, Heatley, and Emery line"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was just reading on the Sabres board that apparently a bunch of them are now putting aside their, erm, dislike for the Sens and cheering for them in honour of Elgin :blink: Pretty amazing, eh?

I am very excited for Monday to be here so I, too, can cheer the Sens!

I've been rooting for Anaheim all along because I want Teemu to get his ring and win the Cup, and certainly I put Giguere right up there, too. I can't deny that it would be loverly for Alfie, Dany and Spezza to have the same pleasure... uh, could I put them all on the same team and my team wins everything?

Didn't think so. GO DUCKS! RINGS FOR TEEMU AND GIGGY !! And it will no doubt go at least 6 games. I have YET to see the Ducks playing the hockey they did at the first half of the season when they were rolling over everyone in the NHL. Boys! FIND YOUR INNER HOCKEY PLAYERS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just reading on the Sabres board that apparently a bunch of them are now putting aside their, erm, dislike for the Sens and cheering for them in honour of Elgin :blink: Pretty amazing, eh?

I am very excited for Monday to be here so I, too, can cheer the Sens!

Well, now that the bandwagoners are gone (for the time being... <_<), they're allowed to do that! :lol:

I could care less who wins, rooting for the entry draft more then the SCF which is sad.

Hope Ducks win cause I find it funny Canada wins all the golds but the cup hasnt been to a Canadian located team in 14 years.

with the exception of one of Detroit cups.....75% of each cup winning team in the past 14 years have been canadian born players. So technically the Cup spends most of it's summer in Canada anyways

nope, anaheim is no way part of the south. They are part of the west. and I will go to the grave with that thought. The thought of California being part of the south makes me want to throw up. Southern boy and proud wooooo) With that said, please keep Pronger's name off the cup.

You divide the US in half, and it's definitely South. It's part of Bettman's grand scheme. Of course, his scheme differs on who you ask.

Some say over the last 3 years, Bettman's taken a team with failing attendence, put the refs on their side, and had them face against a Canadian team (to boost the ratings)

Others say Bettman's taken a good team, put them against a Canadian team (to boost the ratings), and let them play.

If bettman were trying to rig a South vs Canada finals he'd be better off getting the Leafs in the Finals, because at least Toronto is commonly identified city to the broader American audiences.

^True. I doubt most Americans even know what province Ottawa is in (or even know that Canada has "provinces"...) I bet most Americans think Toronto is the capital of Canada anyway. ;) *insert Canadian Bacon reference [the movie, not the food]*

^True. I doubt most Americans even know what province Ottawa is in (or even know that Canada has "provinces"...) I bet most Americans think Toronto is the capital of Canada anyway. ;) *insert Canadian Bacon reference [the movie, not the food]*

Everybody knows the capital of Canada is "Brindy-ville" :P How stoopid you think we Americans are anyways? :blink:

"this beer sucks"

I found more irony!! :huh: If the Sens win the series, then gerber will have the sc 2 times in a row, with different teams. The last player to do that was Cory Stillman last year. :D

I found more irony!! :huh: If the Sens win the series, then gerber will have the sc 2 times in a row, with different teams. The last player to do that was Cory Stillman last year. :D

eh preety sure thats been stated at least 10 times before already, nothing new there

Toronto is in Canada? Crap, I thought it was part of Buffalo.

U.S. President: You sold control of American missiles to a foreign country?

R.J. Hacker, President of Hacker Dynamics: If you can call Canada foreign.

Smiley: Or a country.

True enough. But when has Canada done anything worth knowing about? :lol:

The telephone

hockey

basketball

stealth airplanes

Bombardier trains

universal health care

the concept of multiculturalism

insulin

your proud of basketball? If we had invented that I not only wouldnt put it near the top of my list i'd write it white on white in the message in small text.

The telephone

hockey

basketball

stealth airplanes

Bombardier trains

universal health care

the concept of multiculturalism

insulin

The telephone: Right. Who invented the telephone is disputed. And while Bell may have invented it Canada, it was first used in America

Hockey: And Curling. And curling negates hockey.

Basketball: Really? You're proud of that?

Stealth airplanes: "Lockheed Have Blue". Look it up.

Bombardier trains: Ahem...WORTH KNOWING ABOUT

Universal health care: Pfft...pansies :P

Multiculturalism: Don't most Canadians hate French-Canadians? Besides, America took the concept and improved upon it.

Insulin: See - Universal health care.

And now to negate everything Canada's ever done: America bore Chuck Norris. Done and done.

The telephone: Right. Who invented the telephone is disputed. And while Bell may have invented it Canada, it was first used in America

Hockey: And Curling. And curling negates hockey.

Basketball: Really? You're proud of that?

Stealth airplanes: "Lockheed Have Blue". Look it up.

Bombardier trains: Ahem...WORTH KNOWING ABOUT

Universal health care: Pfft...pansies :P

Multiculturalism: Don't most Canadians hate French-Canadians? Besides, America took the concept and improved upon it.

Insulin: See - Universal health care.

And now to negate everything Canada's ever done: America bore Chuck Norris. Done and done.

You're ignorance is overwhelming

and in reference to your stealth aiplanes, look up the Canadian Arrow program....you'd be shocked to realise that the only reason why people don't really know about the program is because the American government got jealous and paid Canada enough money to bury the program. Apparently their first test flight made it a great distance across the american boarder before its detection

Once again...your ignorance is overwhelming

Just curious, how exactly did America improve the concept of Multiculturalism?