The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

The Irony In It All

And how does any of this really relate to the topic again?

It doesn't, but if someone is going to accuse my country of being worthless, I have a right to point out the obvious ignorance in the statement.

Because I am 1/3 Canadian, I can take some pride when Ottawa wins the cup. (I was born in Mexico City, my mom was American, my father Canadian.)

This is probably a stupid reason but I really want the Sens to win because of what Jay Leno said about Carolina Hurricanes back in 2002 SCF. I haven

Yeah, that's an odd reason. Especially considering EVERYONE made fun of the Canes back in 2002.

I good at holding grudges and I never forget or forgive (anyone)!

I will be pulling for the Sens to win but the ironic part of it all will be Gerbs on the bench as the backup and Pronger as the bridesmaid, AGAIN!!

That's how it looks to me, too. (FYI, Gerbs finished the year with the same GAA -- 2.78 -- as he had in his year with the Canes.)

As funky as it sounds, I'm happy that both teams are in the Finals. And, no, neither Mr. GSBG nor I will make our way to Honda Ponda for either one of the two SCF games there. Here's why: Top-row nosebleed seats start at $195, something we just can't afford this year. *insert shrug smiley here*

Jan/GSBG

... But when has Canada done anything worth knowing about?

For those over 21:

* Inniskillin ice wine :D:D

* Labatt's 50 beer B)

* Molson beer B)

I'll give props to our neighbors north of the border for making some fine "adult beverages"!

Jan/GSBG

Hey Jan - Iniskillin Ice Wine ???? sounds intriguing! where does one find this delightfully named adult beverage? sounds like it would fit my celtic cold name!

btw: love your appendage for the pond... the Honda Ponda! :D

On XM today, they referred to Gerber as the "good luck charm". Besides making it to the finals with Anaheim, and winning the Cup with the Canes, he won the championship in Switzerland twice, once during the lock out year. He's basically been the good luck charm for the last 4 years to any team he's been on. They said if his agent was smart, it would be put on the top of his resume.

On XM today, they referred to Gerber as the "good luck charm". Besides making it to the finals with Anaheim, and winning the Cup with the Canes, he won the championship in Switzerland twice, once during the lock out year. He's basically been the good luck charm for the last 4 years to any team he's been on. They said if his agent was smart, it would be put on the top of his resume.

I am torn on who I want to win. Ottawa has been so good through the playoffs and they were my pick to win the east but I like Giguerre. I can't stand Pronger the defector!! I guess I will be happy either way especially since it won't be Buffalo!