The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Who to start against Montreal on Saturday?

I say play Cam. I mean, he has been really hot lately, AND I think he should get the start agains the habs. Look at what things Cam has done in the Bell Centre so far in his career. that their should answer the question. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if JG got the start. I may not understand why, but I think Cam should go in their and spoil their party!

No way Cam sits. Graham will get his next shot at either the Flyers or the Penguins since we have them back-to-back next Friday and Saturday. My guess is Graham starts against the Flyers.

I'm just afraid of Montreal looking at the tapes and saying "OK, where were able to score against him last time?" And if Ward leaves those spots open, we could be blown out of the water.

Where are Cam's weak spots anyways??

....well....I'll find out for myself, or you could pm me if you know. it's not safe to discuss here as the habs may read this board and find out! lol...

Well, his glove hand used to be a tad slow... but he seems to have corrected that.

Cam doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses in his game, although he doesn't seem to be spactacular at any one part of his game either... he's just, solid. He does what he's supposed to do and a little more if he can but that's about it.

Not to take anything away from Cam, but he has already been beaten by Montreal this season. We should give Grahame a shot and see if he can fare any better. After all, we all know certain players do play better against certain teams.

Losing in OT on a 4 on 3 goal when we as a team played like crap does not constitute a beating. Sorry but I do not follow the logic here. Cam should play evey game that is not a back to back unlees he gets tired or shellacked.

Just my opinion.

Sorry, but I can't help thinking about last year. We send out Cam on Friday. Win 6-2 against Washington. We send out Cam on Saturday. Lose 7-3 against Washington. Almost all those goals high, glove side. Obviously found his weakness.

I'm just wary about us getting blown out. That'll kill any momentum we've gained from Toronto and Ottawa.

Cam gives us the best shot to win games. Period. Doesn't matter who it's against.

The only reason to sit him is rest or injury, and neither are a factor for tomorrow in Montreal.

Considering Cam LOVES playing at the Bell Centre and he's had much success there, you play Cam. No need to sit him now. If we were playing them tonight, then yeah I could see playing Grahame cause that was an intense game last night. But he'll have a day off, and you have to ride the HOT goalie and right now that's Cam.

Forslund and Tripp were talking about this last night during the game and they said Grahame will see action in either the Pitt or Philly game. I'm gonna guess Philly as Cam has done well against Pitt.

IMO i think Cam should get a chance to get one back from the Habs.Wasn't totally Cams fault, the Team did not play up to their own standards.He will get a couple days rest then almost a week off.I can see crackers maybe getting a start back at home but i think Cam wants to show that he can and has beaten the Habs!PLus he is on one of his hot streaks and no sense putting it on hold!!Cam and the dmen are communicating well and i think that,that doesn't need any changes.

Ride the player with the HOT hand....it's a no brainer that Cam should start. The Hurricanes have proved the first game of the season means nothing...the last 5 seasons they are 0-5 in their season opener.

Regardless of whether or not he's played them this year they will know his weaknesses. Teams do scouting and they prepare themselves very well for the games. It's not like this was the first time they've ever seen Ward and now the secret's out of the bag. Goalies everywhere have to deal with teams who attempt to exploit their weaknesses, that's how it works. They want to score, you don't want them to. So I think Ward plays, he's real hot right now. It's not like he played poorly against them either so you "he has already been beaten by them" comment doesn't really make sense. He's not going to hide from them now that they beat him. If Grahame plays and loses who do we call up for the next game against them? If anything Ward will be more motivated to get the better of them this time around.

John, Tripp and Luke from the N&O said that you won't see Grahame again until the back to back with Pitt and Philly. Cam loves playing in the Bell Centre and usually does very well there and is hot right now. No way Peter sits him for this one. My guess is we'll see John in the Philly game.

i agree, we should give johnny a shot. i think the team is going to be looking for revenge...and last time johnny was in net they didn't play for him. he needs a win under his belt, and i think saturday will be the perfect time to get it.

What I don't get is the same people who say "Oh, well, playing against them and losing doesn't mean anything" but at the same time are suggesting Cam get the start against Pittsburgh because he's beaten them before. Philly's the goal-scoring team right now. 3 games in and they've already got more goals than teams that have played up to 3 games more than them. Start Cam against Philly.

I don't know if I'd consider Cam on a "hot streak". In Toronto, he probably had more of a challenge in the pregame warmups. In Ottawa, it was a combination of our D and Cam. Yes, he's came up big when it mattered, but other than the odd breakaway chance, most the shots he faced could have been stopped by Cloutier.

You're all forgetting Grahame's a capable goalie as well. He played amazing in Washington, and had anyone else decided to show up that night, there's no doubt we could have pulled away a victory.

Not to take anything away from Cam, but he has already been beaten by Montreal this season. We should give Grahame a shot and see if he can fare any better. After all, we all know certain players do play better against certain teams.

Losing in OT on a 4 on 3 goal when we as a team played like crap does not constitute a beating. Sorry but I do not follow the logic here. Cam should play evey game that is not a back to back unlees he gets tired or shellacked.

Just my opinion.

Agreed 100% play Ward, where the team is going 100x better than game 1

I still think Grahame is shaky IMO

Now, I know Cam has been playing out of his mind as of late, and our offense is finally starting to find it's place in the conference, but I believe we're going to have to play Grahame against the Habs.

No way! Play Cam. The Habs will not blow anyone out of the water if our guys continue to pass accurately and play aggressively like they have in the last couple of games. As long as they continue to play that way for 60 minutes like the last two games, they'll be in every game. You really don't need to switch up goalies every other game. You want your hot guy getting as much time as possible and use your backup when you're facing back to back games or to rest your goalie after a particularly grueling series. Cam's in the zone now and should be allowed to show his stuff.

Cam is playing way to good right now to not play him, not saying John played bad against the Caps we just didnt play better in front of him, but Cam is just hot and were playing great infront of him. I would like to think that we play the same with both goalies in net... Start John in one of our back to back games coiming up. I think Cam needs to become like a certain goalie in NJ where he gets the majority of the playing time or thats what I would like to see start.

I had to think about this one a bit. First, you can't really blame "Crackers" for the Caps game. He had absolutely no support. Definately Cam is da man right now! I was thinking at first you give Crackers the start against the Habs but then I remembered that there's 5 days between the Habs and the Pens. So I say you keep the hot goalie (Cam) in and start Johnny against the Pens with Cam taking the net against a little better (according to most recent standings) Philly team. And by better I mean versus the Pens not us!

By the way, I think Johnny's going to be fine as long as we get him the support he'll keep us in the game.