The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Who to start against Montreal on Saturday?

Here's the thing. Cam and Huet are the netminders who will be playing tonight.

All the arguing in the world is not going to get John this game.

End of story.

All the arguing in the world is not going to get John this game.

End of story.

LMAO Katy

PS-Thursday night in Ottawa, Larose really emphasized how John and Tripp were considered part of this team. So, I'd take the words a lot more serious than some reporter's.

Ok, I read all the blogs on there too and I don't remember reading that anywhere. Maybe I read it differently than others. See thats where the opinions come in. Yes, they do travel with the team but there are definitely times that the team is closed off from them. Its like that with all the teams.

You know I also remember both Tripp and John saying how well liked Grahame is in the locker room????

Ok, I read all the blogs on there too and I don't remember reading that anywhere. Maybe I read it differently than others. See thats where the opinions come in. Yes, they do travel with the team but there are definitely times that the team is closed off from them. Its like that with all the teams.

You know I also remember both Tripp and John saying how well liked Grahame is in the locker room????

I don't think it ever should have been a discussion. Anytime your #1 goaltender feels like he can play and you have a six-day break on the horizon, you put him between the pipes.

I would set the next couple of weeks up like this:

Cam Ward vs. Montreal 10/13

Cam Ward vs. Pittsburgh 10/19

John Grahame vs. Philadelphia 10/20

Cam Ward vs. Vancouver 10/22

Cam Ward vs. Buffalo 10/24

John Grahame vs. Montreal 10/26

Cam Ward vs. New York Islanders 10/27

Cam Ward vs. Florida 10/31

Here is the line from John's blog : "Reasons? Who knows - parity, back-to-back scheduling, I don't know. The only thing that registers is that the answers come from deep inside the dressing room."

I'm not saying John is saying it's JG's fault nor do I think anyone else in here was implying that but we are saying that he is saying that there is something coming from inside that locker room that is causing this to happen in certain games.

As truecaniac said, John and Tripp are VERY much a part of this team and the players consider them so and I don't remember EVER hearing that they are ever closed off from them. Just because things are run a certain way with one team does not mean that that is how it is with every team in the league.

And as JustJoe pointed out, this shouldn't even be a discussion, Cam is going in tonight.

Well, I'm surprised it went on this long, since I gave up that argument on the first page. I did bring up another point that people seemed to ignore.

Cam's our "hot" goalie. Our #1. We have two tough opponents coming up in a back-to-back. Most are saying start Cam against Pittsburgh and Grahame against Philly. Again, I'm going to ask why? Just looking at the statistics so far, Philly's the dangerous team. Not exactly sure what they did in the off-season, but it's working for them. 3 games in, and they've got 14 GF. They dominated Vancouver. And from now until they play us, it's a pretty easy schedule for them (Islanders, Atlanta, New Jersey).

Why Cam against Pitts and Grahame against Philly?

I view it as simply another opportunity for your #1 goaltender. Like I said in my earlier post, anytime you have the opportunity to start your #1 goaltender you do it regardless of the opponent. After tonight, Ward will have six days to recover and will be more than ready to face Pittsburgh.

Ok....but that doesn't answer why start him against Pittsburgh. Why not start Grahame against Pittsburgh and Ward against Philly? Why not start your best goaltender against the tougher team?

Yes, Ward will have six days to recover, but if we start him against Philly, he'll have 7.

I agree with you and think I'd go with Grahame against Pitt and let Cam go against Philly as well. I think Philly is tougher and has the better goaltender in Martin Biron.

It wasn't just "some reporter" that said that whatever is going on goes deep within the locker room, it was John Forslund and it was posted on his blog on WRAL. John and Tripp have full access to the team, stay in the same hotel they do, go to dinner with them, etc. so when they say something like that, I'm sorry but I think it's a lot more valid then what some newspaper reporter might say.

Mind digging up that blog, must have missed that one. Forslund just started his blog on WRAL this year, and I have yet to see him write anything about how the team doesn't perform well in front of Grahame, and he's only played in 1 game this season.

I guess we all forgot that when Cam was injured and Grahame played, the team actually played really well. So what happened to the 'we don't like playing in front of grahame' theory. If they don't like playing in front of Grahame, then bygone, they actually wouldn't have done well in that stretch when Cam was recoveirng now would they.

This whole argument about the team not playing well in front of Grahame is rubbish. Do I think he is better than Cam, not by a long shot, but its time to stop using him as a scapegoat when the TEAM does not perform. When Cam looses, its b/c the team didn't perform, but when Grahame looses its b/c the team doesn't like playing in front of him. Its bull.

Oh and not only that, don't you think if there was a locker room problem, then the org would have kept Leighton around.

Edit: What I do recall John and Tripp saying last year is that Cam and Grahame have a great relationship. And they mentioned that Cam and Gerber didn't have that much of a relationship.

Never did I post that Forslund wrote that the team doesn't perform well in front of Grahame, I said he said that the answers to things come from deep within the locker room.

I'm done with this argument, people have different opinions and that's allowed.

Here is the line from John's blog : "Reasons? Who knows - parity, back-to-back scheduling, I don't know. The only thing that registers is that the answers come from deep inside the dressing room."

Are you kidding me. That has absolutley nothing to do with Grahame. If Cam was in net and the same outcome happened in that game, which would have b/c Cam would NOT have stopped Ovie's goal, then would you think that quote to mean that Cam is the problem. Absolutely not.

All he is saying that is the TEAM needs to find the answers and to fix why on some nights, they don't show up.

I just think its funny how when we loose and Cam is in net, its the team didn't perform well, but when they loose when Grahame is in net, its they don't like him.

She never said that was about Grahame, she said it was a locker room thing.

No need to get nasty about it. She was giving her opinion and that is allowed.

Again I NEVER said that John said it was about Grahame, I said John said there is a problem deep within the locker room.

And again, I'm done arguing with you, especially because you're being nasty about it because we have differing opinions.

Again I NEVER said that John said it was about Grahame, I said John said there is a problem deep within the locker room.

And again, I'm done arguing with you, especially because you're being nasty about it because we have differing opinions.

My apologies. Since we were debating goalies and other posters were stating how the team doesn't play well in front of Grahame, I just assumed that you were implying that quote to be about Grahame.

It's Staal good. ;)

I wouldn't put words into Forslund's mouth like that and know he would never even say something like that to start with.

Thanks for the apology. :)

I myself think that we should ride Cam like the "DEVILS" ride Brodeur(SP?).Keep your #1 goalie in the net and this gives you a better chance to win.Its all about who gives you the best chance to win every game.If Cam has a bad game or 2 then sit him and let John play a game or 2 and then its back to Cam.All the great Goalies played most of the games,IMO Cam is a much better goalie therefore he should be played most of the games.We don't sit or rest any of our other "star"players so why sit or rest Cam!!Cam is young and in great shape i really doubt that he will get tired,now if he gets a small nagging injury then i can see it.There are no throw away games in the NHL,you need to get every point you can.Cam gives us our best chance at those points.I am not saying that John isn't a good goalie just that Cam is better!!