The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Analysis after two games

With the Sens really only having one line that scored all thru the playoffs, you knew they would either cool off or someone would figure out some way to shut them down.The Ducks have pretty much shut the door on the first line and it seems to have taken its toll on the Sens.You sure as heck can't blame Emery cuz he is playing some unbelievable Hockey.So, whether its a Jinx or they are just getting outplayed and out coached we will have to see,,maybe its both,but i was surprised when Alfie put his hand on the trophy!!At least its not a blowout series so far,the games are great,the hitting is like old times,and it is a joy to watch!I will have to agree with you about saturday's game,then Sens really need to make a statement!!

With the Sens really only having one line that scored all thru the playoffs, you knew they would either cool off or someone would figure out some way to shut them down.The Ducks have pretty much shut the door on the first line and it seems to have taken its toll on the Sens.You sure as heck can't blame Emory cuz he is playing some unbelievable Hockey.So, whether its a Jinx or they are just getting outplayed and out coached we will have to see,,maybe its both,but i was surprised when Alfie put his hand on the trophy!!At least its not a blowout series so far,the games are great,the hitting is like old times,and it is a joy to watch!I will have to agree with you about saturday's game,then Sens really need to make a statement!!

i will have to agree that the games have been a joy to watch even though the outcome isn't what i want but at the end of the day at least we aren't watching Buffalo!!

Yes, no Slugavision influencing our tender minds during the finals, forcing us to endure horrors unimaginable.... I can go to sleep with the thought of the Leafs winning the Cup.... the Slugs???? Please. There are limits even to my professional skills as a trauma expert.

I'm enjoying the Finals thus far. Yes, more scoring would be exciting, but truth be told, watching these two goalies put on a clinic of this calibre gives me goosebumps. They are in a shooting gallery armed with only with sticks. Man, Jiggy and Emery are the bombs. I bow before them. I was actually kinda worried about Anaheim's lines after their last series. They seemed to be fading. I was afraid the big break between series would work against them, but apparently they recharged the batteries and certainly have come roaring back like lions, not ducks!

I too thought this would be a long series, but not so sure anymore. I'm not giving up on Ottawa yet, cause you never know. If Ottawa wins these next 2, then its a whole new series.

The games have been close, but really that's due to Emery. In these 2 games, Ottawa has only put up 36 SOG, 2 PPG, and 0 Even strength goals. This is not going to win you a Cup. But you gotta give Anaheim credit, they found a way to shut down the Spezza line, something no other team has been able to do.

Murray needs to make some changes. And his first change is to move Spezza away from Alfie and Heatly. I like Spezza, my favorite Sens player, but he is bringing his linemates down. I say put Kelly or Fisher with Alfie and Heatly. Kelly worked well with them when Spezza was hurt. Something needs to be shooken up. Their hanging with Anaheim, but like I said, their hanging b/c Emery is playing very well.

... he touched the Prince of Wales trophy...

... not too smart...

Exactly, plus Anaheim has some crazy experience in the finals with the Niedermayers, Giguere, and Pronger to a lesser extent I guess, I think Ottawa may be done unless they win the next game..............Emery is still Gangsta though

Whateva it is, I think it's pretty much the general consensus that Ottawa HAS to win at least the next game, esp. on home ice, or it will probably be safe to say, "Stick a fork in 'em, kids - they're done!".

Come on, Sens, at least make this series go to 6 & make it interesting for the Quacks.

Last hit check I saw lastnight Ottawa was leading, but I think the Ducks are a better hitting more physical team. I think Ottawa needs to use alittle more finesse. I want them to win atleast one so the ducks can win it at home.

I just wish Kariya were still there to win it with Selane and Prongert and May, and JSG, and all of them really.

Last hit check I saw lastnight Ottawa was leading, but I think the Ducks are a better hitting more physical team. I think Ottawa needs to use alittle more finesse. I want them to win atleast one so the ducks can win it at home.

I just wish Kariya were still there to win it with Selane and Prongert and May, and JSG, and all of them really.

Yeah Kariya isn't getting any younger and it'd be nice to see him get the Cup, but look at Selane, I guess he's an example that all fairly older and older players can follow

You guys are funny....

The scores were 4-2 (empty netter) and 1-0. Hardly the description of blow outs. Ottawa's play can only get better from this point. Anaheim's defense is the best in the league and it shows this series. They're slowing down Ottawa's break in strategy and hemming Ottawa deep in their own zone. However Ottawa just isn't capitalizing on their chances. I've seen about 3 or 4 posts hit directly when Guigere was beat and there is only so much Anaheim can do defensively when killing a 5-3. It also really bothers me when people call Ottawa a one line team. It's true that Ottawa's top line performs above the norm as far as #1 lines go, but to say that's all Ottawa has got offensively is an injustice to guys like Fischer, Redden, Comrie, Meszaros. When Ottawa was last in the East back in October and people were calling for change, Muckler was getting phone calls from GMs across the league inquiring about trade offers for almost every player on his team. So people can call Ottawa a one line team, but when push comes to shove, there are a slew of players on that team you would like to have on your own.

Hopefully the Sens will get untracked at home and make it 2-2. If that happens its anyones series to win. It has been a fun series to watch. I am always at a loss when hockey ends for a few months. It is a great sport to watch. I just don't understand why people put it down so much. Our playoff run last year helped make getting laid off after 9 years bearable. Those memories are forever ingraved in my mind!! :)

Push has come to shove now, & if Ottawa has more than one line that can score & has more than just two or three guys that can score, they better start scoring tomorrow night & keep the foot on the gas.

Well hopefully with the arena on their side, they will score some goals and win!

:D

and if they dont win then, i dont think they have much hope

If they don't win, the cup will be in the building on Monday.

I really think Alfie screwed the pooch when he touched the Prince of Wales Trophy.

Its going to 7 games. I'm never wrong......(ok, BS. I said Ottawa sweeps and dropped a broom, too).

Great, great games. I am stunned at how the Spezza line has been completely handled. Nice little post-game comment (Engblom?) saying how the Ducks have disrupted those short, quick SEN passes.

Now, we get NBC - and probably "Peter Puck" or sombody to explain what hockey is for us all.

Now, we get NBC - and probably "Peter Puck" or sombody to explain what hockey is for us all.

Lame, lets just hope the ratings get better, I heard on the radio on the way to work today that game 1 only had about 450,000 viewers in the states......ouch

Lame, lets just hope the ratings get better, I heard on the radio on the way to work today that game 1 only had about 450,000 viewers in the states......ouch

that was correct, part of the problem is that VS is on so few cable systems.

that was correct, part of the problem is that VS is on so few cable systems.

The day the NHL gets back on ESPN will be a good one, I think it needs to try and get on Fox as well, minus that goofy flamming puck thing they used to have, but this is a whole other topic