The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
djharley

Where will we end up?

I can't really say how many points we will get, but this team can possibly be scary good. When teams are this good it seems that about 75% of why they are that good is attitude. They do not go out on the ice just expecting to win, they play like they know they are going to win.

I see Brindy kissing the cup again!

And the winner of the Conn Smyth......Erik Cole!

If you don't have high expectations of your self and others around you, then you'll never get where you want to go.

I honestly believe that we'll be playing hockey in June. I think we're gonna be better offensively than 2 years ago, and if we need some help on D, I'm confident that Rutherford will get it.

I think we make the playoffs. Where were at in the standings, 3 or 8, I don't know, but I do see us playing beyond April.

"3 or 8"? C'mon... 3 meaning we'd win the division but be the worst division winner.. or 8, the last team in?

I'd phrase it like this:

Where we're at in the standings, 1, 2, or 3, I don't know... ;)

Where do we wind up? Obviously it's up to the boys & how angry they are at themselves for missing playoffs last year, but if they can keep it together & play w/ all the heart that they've been showing since game one this season, I think there's a VERY GOOD chance that The Caniac Nation will be in the stands & glued to their TV screens & radios (& computers), watchin' & listening to this team play in June. ;)

if the pre-season and first six games are any indication we will either be hoisting the cup or some other team will have paid the price dearly in seven games.

I'd like to see us play another month or two before making any predictions. We all know how inconsistency plagued us last year and I need to know if that has returned or not. If we end up playing consistently like we have been for the past six games, then we should make it pretty deep into the playoffs.

This isn't last year, we never played like this at all last year!!

Very, very true. I'm just a bit superstitious about making predictions about sports. It has never worked very well in the past for me.

Very, very true. I'm just a bit superstitious about making predictions about sports. It has never worked very well in the past for me.

I am too but if I know nothing else, this isn't last years team!!

I will weigh in officially on this topic after I see the back to back PA games then the boys rest Sunday and hit Vancouver at home Monday followed by Buffablow Weds. 4 games in six days will tell me something and we will see Johnny in at least one of these and see if the guys actually try to play in front of him instead of the 2-0 effort they put in when they were in DC.

Me thinks C97 is right though, this is not last years "team".

I believe that the Defense will be the key and what direction if any JR takes to solidify it. Until then, only time will tell.

I believe that the Defense will be the key and what direction if any JR takes to solidify it. Until then, only time will tell.

You know, last year our frustration was based in all of us knowing that the Hurricanes SHOULD have been one of the elite teams in the league and them coming in night after night with a half assed effort. We have seen what they are capable of this year. We will have bad nights but if this team gives 100 percent every night then I see no reason why we can't win the East at least.

Pretty early, but then again, not as early as preseason, so what the heck.

I love our team, but Ottawa finishes first in the east. I like our chances to finish second, but there are too many other teams that could slide into #2 to pick us there (Penguins, Rangers, Sabers, or this year's surprise team: well if I knew it wouldn't be a surprise, but maybe Philly?)

However, I do see us winning the Southeast and thus the #3 seed. We then win the first two rounds and face Ottawa in the Conference finals. Beating Ottawa and then the Best of the West is a tall order, so I'll stop now. Still, contrary to the Vegas odds makers I think our chances are as good as anyone's.

Honestly I see it going like 2005-06, Sens finish ahead of canes, Canes do get the 2nd seed though, so its all good. I think Philly will eventually slow down, only other team from the Southeast that probably makes the playoffs is Florida, still think they will get really hot soon.

But i am still interested to see the canes play some of their true competition. We alreayd saw them play the Pens, but I want to see them play Philly, see if they can beat buffalo and end that brutal streak stemming from last year. Also I want to see them kill the Devils and rangers, those teams did quite well against us last season and I think canes will pay them back.

I'm with Kyp and c97 in the superstition of not making predictions. I know a lot of Sabre fans and they always get way ahead of themselves on this and we know how that always turns out. ;)

Too early to tell. Maybe after the 25th game or so.

I agree, a few more trips up and down the ice are necessary... Right now the boys look strong. Can I get back with you on April 4th? :P

Considering last year started out with the first 4 as losses...I think they're coming out looking a little stronger this year. BUT as far as placing bets, lets see if all that eating right and working out during the off season worked! :D Sometimes their D seems to break down for no reason (at very inopportune times too, might I add). Let's see if they got that straight during camp. I'll just say...LET'S BRING THAT CUP BACK TO CAROLINA!!!! :D