The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CaniacTillIDie

Who to go with first?

I was just about to create something like this.

Jonny against Pittsburgh and Cam against Philly.

Philly's on a shutout streak. That's not good.

Bingo. But as long as I get to see Cam on Wednesday, I'm good. B)

I'm pretty sure we go with Ward tomorrow in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately for Graham Philly will be rested and waiting for us and it will take a major goaltending effort to get that one. One could argue to save up Ward to try to steal one, but if we could split these two back to back games it will have been a pretty darn good road trip, so go for the more likely win and hope for the best in Philly.

Plus, as mentioned, you want to come back with Ward vs. Vancouver, so more rest for him if he sits in Philly.

According to Forslund's blog from today, it looks like Cam will indeed be going tomorrow night. Doesn't say the line-up is set yet but he says that's what it should look like.

This should not even be a question or debate.

Cam needs to play Friday and not Saturday - 1) because he is our #1 and already has had 5 days off. 2) because he should play all three at home next week , playing Friday over Saturday gives him an extra day rest to gear up for that.

Hmmmm. Good question. As much as I'd like to see the hot goalies face off, Cam vs Biron, I've been a little concerned about this long layoff we've had and for that reason, I think you get Cam going again as soon as possible. So Cam v Pens and Grahame v Flyers. Regardless of who starts Sat., either will be in good shape for Monday v Vancouver. Just my .02

So Philly beat the Isles Thrashers and Devils at home badly , but these aren't top-tier teams. devils are not what they sued to be, especially off a back-to-back night. Devils are weaker this season, Atlanta started off 0-6 until tonights win. Isles are playing pretty well on the road, and I actually thought they played up to par with the Flyers with the highlights I saw and Flyers squeaked out a 3-1 win (with an empty-netter), Biron was just better than DiPietro.

Grahame should be in net against the flyers as Cam ward played awesome against the Pens in his first win.

So Philly beat the Isles Thrashers and Devils at home badly , but these aren't top-tier teams. devils are not what they sued to be, especially off a back-to-back night. Devils are weaker this season, Atlanta started off 0-6 until tonights win. Isles are playing pretty well on the road, and I actually thought they played up to par with the Flyers with the highlights I saw and Flyers squeaked out a 3-1 win (with an empty-netter), Biron was just better than DiPietro.

Grahame should be in net against the flyers as Cam ward played awesome against the Pens in his first win.

Biron has been better than alot of goaltenders this season and if our game Saturday turns into a goaltender duel, I would feel much better with Ward in the fight than I would Grahame.

In the N&O this morning, they question whether Cam will play both games because of the big layoff and Grahame doesn't get one at all. Guess we'll have to wait and see what Lavi's final decision will be after tonight.

Crackers Friday, Cam Saturday.

(John, I'm begging you: Leave pucks outside the trap ALONE.)

:lol::lol::lol:

And let me just add that I agree with those who say Cam should get both games, I just don't think it'll happen. On the odd chance that he were to get shelled Friday, then you're pretty much forced to start Crackers against the Flyers, which could have disaster written all over it. Top tier team or not, the Flyers have equaled our point production thus far, and there's an unwritten rule in hockey that division-leading teams play their #1 keepers when they meet.

Cam on friday and if he's still hot then you play him again on saturday,He has had a week off so he should be well rested.Like i said in another blog,use Cam like the Devils use Brodeur.No need to have a 2 goalie system,Cam is our #1 goalie and John is #2 and if cam is having a bad game or has a slight injury then use Crackers,but go with your #1 goalie because he gives us the best chance to win.We can't afford to give any games away,we need every point we can get(ie last yr).So as far as i'm concerned its Cam as much as possible!!!

Yeah I agree with letting Cam play tonight and then decide on who plays tomorrow after that. I think if we go out there and kick butt and Cam looks and feels ready to go, then Peter lets him go again tomorrow. I don't know if Cam is quite ready to play up to Brodeur levels, but I know what you're saying and I agree that eventually that's what he's going to be here so start now with him being more prepared this season.

Paper pretty much has Cam starting tonight. Tomorrow is still questionable. But with 3 games in 5 days starting Monday, Grahame is going to play eventually. Don't know if Lavi will have Cam play back to back as JR has said that the back to backs will be split. Guess it will depend on how Cam plays tonight. If he does well, you could have him play in Philly, then put Grahame in against Vancouver and have Cam play against Buffalo and Montreal. Or since Cam hasn't fared well against Buffalo, maybe have Grahame go in Wednesday. This is why I'm not the coach.

I still don't see the logic behind putting Cam tonight and Grahame tomorrow, but I guess I'm outnumbered. <_<

Pittsburgh's the weaker team of the two, so why put our #1 against the less challenging opponent?

I would've put Cam up against Philly too, so you're not alone in that line of thinking.

I definitely think our #1 should be going up against Marty Biron as he is quite the force to be reckoned with lately.

Cam today, Cam tomorrow--he's the number 1--not 1A. He's had 5 days off and he's in better shape than he's ever been. Play him if he's playing well--nothing against Grahame--but he's a 1A type at best.

Cam today, Cam tomorrow--he's the number 1--not 1A. He's had 5 days off and he's in better shape than he's ever been. Play him if he's playing well--nothing against Grahame--but he's a 1A type at best.

My thoughts exactly, Cam is playing awesome!. Play him both games....if they are truely worried about Grahame getting to play, they should have sent him to Albany during the long break we just had so he can get some work in.