The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CaniacTillIDie

Who to go with first?

My thoughts exactly, Cam is playing awesome!. Play him both games....if they are truely worried about Grahame getting to play, they should have sent him to Albany during the long break we just had so he can get some work in.

By that logic we should have sent the whole team and you can't just "send Grahame to Albany" - he would have to clear waivers. There are tons of rules about player movement. Back on topic, this is the one time I would consider playing Cam back to back because of the 5 day break.

Bingo. But as long as I get to see Cam on Wednesday, I'm good. B)

Exactly what I was thinking. Leave Cam for Buffalo, I really want to see Buffalo lose (and I'm guessing I'm not alone in that :D )

(John, I'm begging you: Leave pucks outside the trap ALONE.)

:lol::lol::lol:

And you are not alone in that! :lol:

Cam goes tonight. He's our #1, he's fresh... no reason not to go with him.

Who says we gotta set tomorrow's lineup today? If tomorrow morning, Cam says he's good to go, put Cam in there again. If he's not, go with Grahame. If Lavi and Cam can be straight up with each other, no reason they can't do this.

Oh, one more thing. The Senators were hot before they played us, too. Just sayin.

Every game counts so don't get me wrong, but beating a good, hot team (Philly) when they are rested and waiting for us after we just played in Pittsburgh the night before is a long shot. I'm not saying we throw the game in Philly, but our best chance to win is tonight. Get that win and Philly is icing on the cake.

I would absolutely not play Cam back to back games. No matter what happens the team will let down a little tomorrow. Our only chance is a well rested goalie fighting for playing time to stand on his head and steal the game, that would be Graham.

Then Ward is basically playing everyother night until next weekend where we split the games again.

Then again, I'm not the coach.

Every game counts so don't get me wrong, but beating a good, hot team (Philly) when they are rested and waiting for us after we just played in Pittsburgh the night before is a long shot. I'm not saying we throw the game in Philly, but our best chance to win is tonight. Get that win and Philly is icing on the cake.

I would absolutely not play Cam back to back games. No matter what happens the team will let down a little tomorrow. Our only chance is a well rested goalie fighting for playing time to stand on his head and steal the game, that would be Graham.

Then Ward is basically playing everyother night until next weekend where we split the games again.

Then again, I'm not the coach.

I agree with you here. This team always does worse on the 2nd of a back to back, there are going to be letdowns, so playing Grahame who is fresh and wanting to prove something, may not be a bad idea playing him tomorrow.

Graham has better numbers vs pitt. going 9-1-1. but then again that doesnt mean much cause teams can be extremely different each year (look at us). I don't see why we can't beat philly if we play our best out there. My call would be graham v pitt and ward v philly.

By that logic we should have sent the whole team and you can't just "send Grahame to Albany" - he would have to clear waivers. There are tons of rules about player movement. Back on topic, this is the one time I would consider playing Cam back to back because of the 5 day break.

The only player on the team who had not been playing, at least since Washington, was Grahame...so the logic really is sound.

Actually you are wrong on the waivers comment. If he is assigned for a conditioning stint (for no longer than 14 days), then he does not have to clear waivers.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm''>http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm' target="_blank">http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm[/post]

The only player on the team who had not been playing, at least since Washington, was Grahame...so the logic really is sound.

Actually you are wrong on the waivers comment. If he is assigned for a conditioning stint (for no longer than 14 days), then he does not have to clear waivers.

http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm''>http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm' target="_blank">http://www.nhlscap.com/waivers.htm[/post]

Conditioning stints are only done for players returning from injury! And the logic isn't sound in this case, Grahame practices almost daily with the team (the team doesn't practice every day).

If Ward is ready, let him play both nights. Put Grahame in net against Vancouver, since games against the West don't affect our ultimate goal, and have Ward prepared for Buffalo on Wednesday.

If Ward is ready, let him play both nights. Put Grahame in net against Vancouver, since games against the West don't affect our ultimate goal, and have Ward prepared for Buffalo on Wednesday.

That is the best idea so far!!

No matter who playes when as long as Cam gets to play aginst Philly Il be happy, There scoring alot of goals at the time and Wardo is stopping alot of goals at the time. I think if John is in there saturday it could be a long night, he needs to get his first win against a descent team not one like Philly cause it might do more harm then good, once he gets that first win under his belt he'll be fine but I hope he doesnt play Saturday, let him start tonight or Monday

I had a thought on this. I wonder if Lavi is going to play John against Philly to prove a point maybe? He knows that Philly is on a streak and maybe the guys will want the win enough to show up in front of Grahame.

I had a thought on this. I wonder if Lavi is going to play John against Philly to prove a point maybe? He knows that Philly is on a streak and maybe the guys will want the win enough to show up in front of Grahame.

that only works if he is willing to yank Grahame if he is wrong.

Conditioning stints are only done for players returning from injury! And the logic isn't sound in this case, Grahame practices almost daily with the team (the team doesn't practice every day).

St Louis Blues Goaltender(healthy at that) just sent down for a conditioning stint. ;)

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=340508&page=NewsPage&service=page' target="_blank">http://blues.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=34...mp;service=page[/post]

I agree with everyone who's said Ward should start in Philly, and I also agree that the Canes eventually need him to become a Brodeur, play-every-night type. But I think it's a little early in the season to put that on him right now, and to repeat myself, if he happens to come out cold against Pitts, do we really relish the idea of Crackers taking on Philly in their building while they're hot? I sure don't.