The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Scott Walker injury

Maybe we should send a collective one to him, Cole & Ladders?

That would be pretty awesome. I know if I was hurt, I would enjoy getting a huge get well soon card.

That would be pretty awesome. I know if I was hurt, I would enjoy getting a huge get well soon card.

I dont think I should send scotty one since I am from Pittsburgh...but hes been in my thoughts and prayers every day since his injury occured!!!!!

:(

I dont think I should send scotty one since I am from Pittsburgh...but hes been in my thoughts and prayers every day since his injury occured!!!!!

Why shouldn't you, you're a fan and certainly not responsible just cause you live in PA. ;)

Why shouldn't you, you're a fan and certainly not responsible just cause you live in PA. ;)

i was crying like a baby when that happened...i'm extremely relieved to hear they've finally diagnosed him.

i have a lot of confidence in keith aucoin, i saw him do some good stuff last year. same goes for bayda.

went and got my ticket for the sabres game earlier today so i can see them first hand! i'm excited...can't wait!

Can you say power forward? Despite his size, Walker was a tough "crasher" and brought the same type of grit that a larger power forward typically brings...plus some extra speed. So we bring up Bayda and Aucoin, two guys I would suggest are more "finesse" type of players. I'd really love to see us acquire more true "power forward" types of prospects, so that we have more of a blend of power and "style" being groomed for the bigs. Right now when you look at Albany's roster, its chock full of small speedy guys, scorers mind you, but mostly of the finesse and speed kind. We need a nice mix of crashers and "crease parkers" to go with that. That being said, now is the time for these two AHLers to shine. We need ya boys!

I know what type of player Scott Walker is, thank you very much. Bayda and Aucoin can not fill his role because they can't play that style. Aucoin is far too undersized and Bayda just isn't a physical guy.

Man I wish we knew what was wrong with him. I feel so bad, this totally sucks...

It Hurts...

Not much to update as far as Canes injuries. Erik Cole could be less than two weeks away. The team seems to be encouraged about that. Andrew Ladd continues to be more of a gray area with his ankle problem. Anytime an injury is re-aggravated it can be a long and tedious process. Scott Walker remains away from the rink and in a great deal of pain. It's my understanding that there is an abundance of swelling in his chest and until that digresses there is no way for the medical staff to come up with a clear prognosis.

Man I wish we knew what was wrong with him. I feel so bad, this totally sucks...

Sounds like a pretty serious internal injury to me.

Sounds like a pretty serious internal injury to me.

I don't think it's looking good, and I hope I'm wrong but I doubt we'll see Scotty playing before December.

Sounds like he's in a lot of pain. Let's just keep on praying for Scotty. I know every chance I get I say, "Dear God, please bless Scott Walker, and help him get better soon!"

Given the nature of this injury and the likelihood of a long recovery, wonder if JR is thinking of putting Scotty on the long term IR. If he does that then the cap dollars don't count.

Given the nature of this injury and the likelihood of a long recovery, wonder if JR is thinking of putting Scotty on the long term IR. If he does that then the cap dollars don't count.

Sounds like they are going to wait until all the swelling goes down before making any decisions. I've heard the earliest he'll be back is 2 months. But if the swelling goes down and its worse then they are anticipating, then I could see JR making a move.