The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_kat

What is your lame excuse?

What should be a motivating topic is deterred by your first 2 lines and resorting to taking shots at the fans who just cant make it. Sorry folks arent as well off as you bud.

I know you're talking about the NC area, but travel, parking, fuel, money. I live 52 miles from Tampa and I paid over $800 in gas and $200+ in parking for 41 games not including the playoffs. I love going to games, but it starts adding up fast. When a game gets over at 10pm and it's an hour ride back to my home and i have to be up at 6am it can get tiring.

There are going to be away fans in those seats. Sorry to say, but a LOT of Northern transplants live in Raleigh and they aren't going to refuse to sell them tickets just because we want Caniacs in those seats.

Well, it looks like people have already beat me to what i was going to say but I'm going to repeat it anyway.

I understand where you're coming from on this topic BUT, I think you chose the wrong words. LAME EXCUSE....how about people who just don't have the money. Maybe they've been out of work and bills are piled up or their child needs winter clothes. I'm planning on being there but if it hadn't been for a friend I guess I'd be one of those so called lame people. I know you were not trying to put someone down but that's exactly how it sounds.

Sorry, I work that night and most nights the Hurricanes have a home game....at the RBC Center. It's great to be able to cheer for the Hurricanes, but hard to not get all over the other teams players.

If anyone reading this wants to go to games but can't due to cash flow...the RBC Center is hiring Event Security. If you are interested PM me.

I live about 4 miles from the RBC Center, I could actually walk there with ease, but I'm not going to be there. I'm in college and don't exactly get paid very much, none to be exact. My money basically goes toward food and maybe the occasional game. Pretty much, I have to wait for the College Nights, so I only have to pay $15 or $25. As much as I want to be there to cheer our guys on, I just can't. Instead, I'll be cheering them on from in front of the TV. It isn't as good, but it's still supporting the team and I'm proud of that.

unfortunately I am one of those who have a job that never closes down, ie. EMS, Fire, Police, etc. ( you know, the kinda actually important ones - meaning life and death :blink::blink: ) so I have to work. missing a hockey game to work in those jobs is never a "lame excuse" - but that doesn't mean I won't go to work dreading not being there either!! :(

We were screwed Halloween night out of a win against the team we are playing this Saturday night. A loss tomorrow may really deflate the team. So this could be a very critical game. At the game last Wednesday, Florida had a lot of fans dressed up for Halloween as empty seats. This Saturday I don't want to see any of our fans dressed as empty seats in our building!!!!!

My question is, if you live within 100 miles for the RBC, and you are not going to the game, and you call yourself a fan, what lame excuse do you have for not going to the game??? I know when we play other teams (like Pittsburgh, or Buffalo) a lot of the fans are not there for the Canes, so we should not see many Florida fans, so the empty chairs should be filled by Canes fans.

Lets fill the dang place and get it rocking !!!!!!

I agree, I can not understand why people can not find at least $9.99 for the cheap seats.

I agree, I can not understand why people can not find at least $9.99 for the cheap seats.

Hey, if you're buying, Im sure lots of folks will be there. How bout a ride too? Maybe some popcorn, and could you send someone to fill in for the folks that have to work too? Maybe you could send someone to watch my kids last football bowl game that evening too, Im sure he'll be satisfied that someone came to see him play.

I really don't think carolina_kat had any other intention but to get people jacked up for the game tomorrow night. Maybe he could have worded it a little differently but I think you all get his point. This thread is heading south, fast and people need to refrain from calling each other out for not being able to go to a game. Think about it this way, we all spend a good amount of time on this board talking about everything Hurricanes hockey. I think its safe to say that most everyone on this board would jump at a chance to see the Canes play in person given the opportunity, so there's no need to say any different.

Hey, if you're buying, Im sure lots of folks will be there. How bout a ride too? Maybe some popcorn, and could you send someone to fill in for the folks that have to work too? Maybe you could send someone to watch my kids last football bowl game that evening too, Im sure he'll be satisfied that someone came to see him play.

I really don't think carolina_kat had any other intention but to get people jacked up for the game tomorrow night. Maybe he could have worded it a little differently but I think you all get his point. This thread is heading south, fast and people need to refrain from calling each other out for not being able to go to a game. Think about it this way, we all spend a good amount of time on this board talking about everything Hurricanes hockey. I think its safe to say that most everyone on this board would jump at a chance to see the Canes play in person given the opportunity, so there's no need to say any different.

Try to get one of those $9.99 cheap seats. I never can.

I have had tickets to two games this year and have been called in to work at the last minute and in the middle of a game. SKS Seat is paid for and empty... :(

Wow Carolina Kat, I don't think you meant to offend, but poor choice of words. I'll be there only because my parents are STH and can't make it, otherwise I really can't afford the tics, gas, parking. My sister is also making it to the game with me, otherwise she can't afford tics, gas, parking due to being a full time college student. Although she has sucked it up and drove all the way from Wilmington to support the team on opening night and for the Buffalo game, but she can't do that all that often with pretty much a non-existent pay check.

I think the main reason a lot of Caniacs who live a minimum of 99 miles from the RBC can't make it is because of funds, especially with gas and especially because a lot of Caniacs are students who are already struggling as it is.

You don't have to be at a game to support your Canes if you are a true Caniac, it's all in the heart.

Here's my "Lame Excuse". I'm in friggin Pennsylvania. I'll be at work. Ref107 is in Toronto. I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty that we can't be there.

This is an ill-advised topic, and I don't really know that any good can come of it.

Try to get one of those $9.99 cheap seats. I never can.

I have had tickets to two games this year and have been called in to work at the last minute and in the middle of a game. SKS Seat is paid for and empty... :(

The fam plans on being there tomorrow, but following an 8 hour drive from southern Ohio and a funeral yesterday, I can't say that we will stay for the whole game. Plus a 2.5 yr old who will likely be antsy from said 8 hour drive. Unless I can get my parents to meet us somewhere on the way in. As much as I love the Canes and have had this night planned for the last month and a half, things happen that are beyond our control. I didn't plan on being in Ohio for a funeral.

I know we all hate seeing empty seats in the RBC but things do happen. If y'all see me tomorrow, someone buy me a red bull. I'll need it.

K~