The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
broncoitis

$9.99 Seats

I saw the promotion during the Great Halloween ref ripoff of 2007.

My friend and I are planning to come to Raleigh for our 1st Canes game Live and in person.

Are these seats for real? Easy to get or will I get there and be the victim of a bait and switch?

Do they allow move downs to empty seat by the 3rd period? I hate to see good seats go to waste, because I yell real loud. :P

It's my understanding that they go pretty fast and since the box office opens up during the day a good amount of people come in and buy them. I'm sure there are a limited amount of those tickets. Need to get there early to get them and then you can enjoy the rest of the day in Raleigh.

Do they allow move downs to empty seat by the 3rd period? I hate to see good seats go to waste, because I yell real loud. :P
Is it allowed? No. Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but be advised the lower level entrances are "policed" pretty well. The RBC Center has pretty clean sight lines, though, so you should enjoy the game no matter where your seats happen to be.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy your first game! :)

I have tried twice to get these tickets. Once sold out by 1:30 and the other time unavailable. Get there earlier than later if you want to have a chance.

I have taken advantage of these already this year. Monday night game, got 9.99 seats at 6:00 PM. I bought my seats for tonights game in advance because I think they will go fast on a Saturday. I didn't want to take the family there and get turned away.

The moral of the story, I think you will have good luck on a weeknight, unless we are playing Buffalo or the Crosbys, I mean the Penguins.

I think the 9.99 seat promotion is for weekday games only. I don't think they do the discount for weekend games. You may want to doublecheck with the box office.

I think the 9.99 seat promotion is for weekday games only. I don't think they do the discount for weekend games. You may want to doublecheck with the box office.

The "99.9 The Fan" $9.99 Ticket

Seats available for every regular season game. Available day of game only at the Time Warner Cable Box Office at the RBC Center.

Looks like they're available for every game but I'm sure they'll sell out fast if any are still available.

Is it allowed? No. Does it happen? I'm sure it does, but be advised the lower level entrances are "policed" pretty well. The RBC Center has pretty clean sight lines, though, so you should enjoy the game no matter where your seats happen to be.

Welcome to the boards and enjoy your first game! :)

pretty darned near impossible to get in the lower bowl without a ticket for that area,and even harder to get in the club section - but be advised the practice of "free upgrades" is forbidden, and could result in being removed from the arena. That said, there aren't many "bad" seats in the place

pretty darned near impossible to get in the lower bowl without a ticket for that area,and even harder to get in the club section - but be advised the practice of "free upgrades" is forbidden, and could result in being removed from the arena. That said, there aren't many "bad" seats in the place

I have not read and memorized the RBC Center rulebook, but I can tell you as a practical matter that they only really enforce that you are in the right section by price, that they are very strict about. After that it is only a problem if you are in someone's seats and they're there.

Looks like they're available for every game but I'm sure they'll sell out fast if any are still available.

Yep, they sure do. My dad went to get us some this morning. Waited in line for, what, maybe 2 hours. When he was just a few people away from the teller, they announced that they were sold out. Oh well, congrats to those that managed to get their hands on some!!

Sorry if that was going off topic by any chance...

They are for real!

I got 9.99 seat for the buffalo game the other week. I showed up at the rbc center when it was already past 7, got my ticket and enjoyed a wonderful game. I wouldn't trust that there would be that many left on every game night though, and this was during the week.

Well...I guess the 9.99 seats didn't last to long. My friend who is a ticket rep at the RBC said they had a line for tickets that stretched all the way to Carter-Finley when they opended the doors this AM. She said it was a steady line for ticket sales all day. Guess the Canes fans want to see some revenge tonight. Go get em Canes.

I have not read and memorized the RBC Center rulebook, but I can tell you as a practical matter that they only really enforce that you are in the right section by price, that they are very strict about. After that it is only a problem if you are in someone's seats and they're there.

only know it because I've seen it, of course if you move to a STH's seat and they just happen to be running late (in other words you moved too early) then that's when to trouble starts...

Well we arrived at the box office at about 12:30. The lines weren't too long and guess what. Sold out. Boy were you guys right.

However after traveling 3 hrs. we we not to be denied. Bought balcony tickets, great view of the entire surface BTW.

We kept scanning the seats for some empties and eventually decided that scheme was a non-starter.

Saw a great game however, A great Canes win, LaRose live is a treat.

I said to my mate, "That Larose is such a grinder, watch", just then Goal, LaRose.

How was the crowd in the lower section. Up top it was kinda quiet.

Well we arrived at the box office at about 12:30. The lines weren't too long and guess what. Sold out. Boy were you guys right.

However after traveling 3 hrs. we we not to be denied. Bought balcony tickets, great view of the entire surface BTW.

We kept scanning the seats for some empties and eventually decided that scheme was a non-starter.

Saw a great game however, A great Canes win, LaRose live is a treat.

I said to my mate, "That Larose is such a grinder, watch", just then Goal, LaRose.

How was the crowd in the lower section. Up top it was kinda quiet.

Don't know what section you were in but 334 was rocking as usual. Well at least row K was. :P

I'm thinking about trying to get some for the next game. Guess I'll have to get up extra early to make sure they're not sold out

Plan to be at the RBC box office by about 9:30 am and you should get some of the $9.99 tickets at 10:00 am. I've done it twice. First time (Pittsburgh) I got individual seats, but we ended up sitting together since the section had a number of empty seats. Second time (Vancouver) got a row of 5 seats and there were a few empties around.

Plan to be at the RBC box office by about 9:30 am and you should get some of the $9.99 tickets at 10:00 am. I've done it twice. First time (Pittsburgh) I got individual seats, but we ended up sitting together since the section had a number of empty seats. Second time (Vancouver) got a row of 5 seats and there were a few empties around.

That's the plan. I'll have to leave here around 8am but it's worth it to see the Canes ;)

Thanks for the advice

Lots of $9.99 seats went unsold this evening. It was a great game to attend for the price.

I got to throw my hat for Stillman's hat trick!!!

Free parking off Trinity Road was closed off again this evening.