The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

Post Game Analysis 11/5-Caps

I didn't get to go to the game, and it wasn't on t.v... *sigh*

But, from what I heard on the radio, the Canes played well. I'm really happy for Stillman. When I heard that he scored for the 3rd time that night, I was extactic. (sp?) And he scored the first 3 goals!! Wow!! I was happy that Cam got a shut-out. After the way he played a few games ago, it's nice to see him bounce back and play the way we're used to seeing.

I hope I'm not going off topic too much, but can someone please tell me what Brashear did?? Seeing as I didn't get to see the game, I would like to know how bad the hit was.

I didn't get to go to the game, and it wasn't on t.v... *sigh*

But, from what I heard on the radio, the Canes played well. I'm really happy for Stillman. When I heard that he scored for the 3rd time that night, I was extactic. (sp?) And he scored the first 3 goals!! Wow!! I was happy that Cam got a shut-out. After the way he played a few games ago, it's nice to see him bounce back and play the way we're used to seeing.

I hope I'm not going off topic too much, but can someone please tell me what Brashear did?? Seeing as I didn't get to see the game, I would like to know how bad the hit was.

Brashear boarded Seidenberg into the boards. Another Caps player was already on Seidenberg, but Brasheer came from the other side to nail him. It was your typical Brashear goon play. He was first set to get 2 mins, but then the refs saw Seidenberg bleeding and decided to change it to the 5 min / game misconduct. It was the right call.

And if you tells you anything, the Caps fans agreed with the call.

Brashear boarded Seidenberg into the boards. Another Caps player was already on Seidenberg, but Brasheer came from the other side to nail him. It was your typical Brashear goon play. He was first set to get 2 mins, but then the refs saw Seidenberg bleeding and decided to change it to the 5 min / game misconduct. It was the right call.

And if you tells you anything, the Caps fans agreed with the call.

I don't think anybody wants a goon with a bad rep on their team bringing it down, good for the Caps fans for recognizing that. Wasn't Brashear ejected from the game? I watched it on Center Ice and saw him sent out but was on phone and unsure if he was hurt or ejected.

Anyone else that watched on Center Ice notice that just as Gleason was starting to fight--- Brindy, Whitney and I think Cole or Staal had the puck ahead of the Cap players in our zone to the goal when the whistle blew the play dead because of the fight? It was a high probability of another goal, of course Gleason was unaware of the action going on at the time. It was the only time I hated to see a fight start.

BTW since Sidenburg left the game after being hit does anyone know if he is still hurt or not? Sorry if this has already been addressed or if wrong thread?

Anyone else that watched on Center Ice notice that just as Gleason was starting to fight--- Brindy, Whitney and I think Cole or Staal had the puck ahead of the Cap players in our zone to the goal when the whistle blew the play dead because of the fight? It was a high probability of another goal, of course Gleason was unaware of the action going on at the time. It was the only time I hated to see a fight start.

I was at the game and the boys were on a rush when the whistle blew. It's not often that I wish there had not been a fight, but Gleason did what he had to do. He made a clean (but great) hit and the guy retaliated.

I don't think anybody wants a goon with a bad rep on their team bringing it down, good for the Caps fans for recognizing that. Wasn't Brashear ejected from the game? I watched it on Center Ice and saw him sent out but was on phone and unsure if he was hurt or ejected.

BTW since Sidenburg left the game after being hit does anyone know if he is still hurt or not? Sorry if this has already been addressed or if wrong thread?

Seidenberg looked like he got the wind knocked out of him a bit but Im pretty sure he played the rest of the game.

IMO, there's just no place for a guy like Brashear on a team anymore. With the wide open (somewhat) play and the skilled players getting to showcase their ability now, players like that add nothing and stand out like sore thumbs now. Same for Boulerice. He wasn't a great skater and had less than average skills o unless he's out there protecting someone, he's a waste of roster space. With the way special teams really contol the outcome of games now, it just doesn't seem worth it to have to play a man down because your tough guy went after another player. You might send a message to the other team but in the process, you stand a good chance of losing the game too.

Seidenberg looked like he got the wind knocked out of him a bit but Im pretty sure he played the rest of the game.

IMO, there's just no place for a guy like Brashear on a team anymore. With the wide open (somewhat) play and the skilled players getting to showcase their ability now, players like that add nothing and stand out like sore thumbs now. Same for Boulerice. He wasn't a great skater and had less than average skills o unless he's out there protecting someone, he's a waste of roster space. With the way special teams really contol the outcome of games now, it just doesn't seem worth it to have to play a man down because your tough guy went after another player. You might send a message to the other team but in the process, you stand a good chance of losing the game too.

I was at the game and the boys were on a rush when the whistle blew. It's not often that I wish there had not been a fight, but Gleason did what he had to do. He made a clean (but great) hit and the guy retaliated.

I agree. Not the best time to drop the gloves, but you also didn't want Timmy to back down. He did what he had to do and kicked the crap out of Bradley. :P

I agree. Not the best time to drop the gloves, but you also didn't want Timmy to back down. He did what he had to do and kicked the crap out of Bradley. :P

Yea, I'm sure he was not even aware that was even happening at the time, so no fault of his. I'm just glad we were not a point down or even at the time. The hockey gods were looking our for us. :P

I love the way Gleason stands up for our guys. He, Adams, and Commodore , although not always in the highlights of the games scoring wise, do a darn good job standing up for those who are. We need them to win games and Timmy, Mike, and Craig let everyone else know there will be no messin with our guys without being goons or PICKING fights. Way to go you guys.

I love the way Gleason stands up for our guys. He, Adams, and Commodore , although not always in the highlights of the games scoring wise, do a darn good job standing up for those who are. We need them to win games and Timmy, Mike, and Craig let everyone else know there will be no messin with our guys without being goons or PICKING fights. Way to go you guys.

DITTO! :rolleyes:

Makes me wish it was televised. I live for a good Gleason fight! ;) Good for him to stick up for the team and add excitement to what was one heck of a game