The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
lotekspy

Good for a laugh :)

If you look at the history of the league, it is no wonder that we are still growing our fan base. The Hurricanes have only existed for 10 years.

Since the introduction of the Hurricanes - the Predators, the Thrashers, the Wild, and the Blue Jackets have become teams. Of those four, two had already had teams, Atlanta (Flames now Calgary) and Minnesota (North Stars now Dallas). Colorado previously had a team (Rockies now NJ Devils) - so those two areas evidently did not do all that well initially (although maybe their fan base grew up while they were gone and support them now).

Atlanta lost their team for about 19 years, Colorado lost their team for about 12 years, and Minnesota lost their team for about 6 years.

Of course hockey is a religion in Canada, it has been there forever. Imagine how much larger our fan base would be if the team had been able to start out in Raleigh, instead of Greensboro (I am NOT bashing Greensboro fans, some of them are amazing in their dedication - what I am saying is that when the team first arrived in NC, it was unrealistic to expect people to drive from the Raleigh area to Greensboro to watch a sport that, admittedly, many of us knew nothing about).

In my neighborhood, I see kids out in the street playing street hockey - wearing Canes shirts, wanting to be like the Hurricanes. I am guessing that many of them will remain Canes fans in the future. And buying tickets.

Right now, I am confident that the Canes are here to stay. I want them to stay, but I am taking advantage, whenever possible, to see them in person because eventually, I think, the games will be sold out on a regular basis.

I am sooo tired of these idiots that pretend to know so much about hockey but don't remember the history of the teams. If he had written this article 25 years ago, he probably would have written that Colorado shouldn't have a team because they are nothing but a football state.

I think this guy fails to mention that we have the record for the loudest stadium in professional sports, with something like 130+ dB during the cup finals. I think that is good enough to be mentioned. And besides everyone knows that Krispy Kreme is better than poutine.

OMG, now I am starving some Krispy Kreme. Peace street is so far too! Screw what Canada thinks about southern hockey teams. The way they treat their teams, all the players want to leave just to get some peace and quiet. Can you imagine getting booed just because you didn't speak french?

I've had Tim Hortons...nothing to write home about. Krispy Kreme has got a mean Blueberry Cake Doughnut going on lately.

Please stop. I am already carrying about 15 extra pounds in nothing but Krispee Kreme Donuts. You have to STOP!!!

I ahve a Krispy Kreme right here on campus that I can go to any time I want. of course, I dont...although I may today just to rub it in to everyone :-D Krispy Kreme is by and large the BEST doughnuts ANYWHERE

mmm.. I have to be on campus in a bit. Think I might swing on over when that hot light comes on.

Yum!

yeah, but Krispy Kreme originated in North Carolina.

Dunkin' is pribably a Yankee thing (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Its a New England thing thats made its way down here. ;)

yeah, but Krispy Kreme originated in North Carolina.

Dunkin' is pribably a Yankee thing (not that there is anything wrong with that)

Its a New England thing thats made its way down here. ;)

We don't hate you.... the vast majority of canadians are completely impartial When it comes to Carolina... (outside of Montreal)

now Nashville or Atlanta.... those teams are hated....

Dont get me wrong on this, im a die hard Caniac and have been for 25yrs and theres nothing more that I hate then Our Canadian teams (Toronto)But why is it every game I watch the arenas empty??I would die to be a season ticket holder in Carolina....

How about a Coke or a Dew? Pepsi..well that's just icky :lol:

Choc. milk is delish with a krispy kreme

Oh God ya'll are making my stomach hurt. Too much sweet! But good....mmmmmmm

And who cares what others think. We know we are great fans to our Canes and they know that too!!!