The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IrishIce

SCF: ANA vs OTT @ ANA_game 5

Congrats to the Ducks. And I am very happy for Teemu, Giggy, and Rob Neidermyer. Although, I was kind of disappointed as I thought for sure Giggy should have gotten the Conn Smythe. But oh well, its not my decision.

I too was a little surprised at the not there emotion. I mean Brindy's lift of the cup was so emotional and heartfelt, but I guess since Neidermyer won it like 4 times before. I'm not much of a Pronger hater, but he pissed me off when he took that cup before Teemu. Have some respect dude.

And Melissa I think Tangled was making a joke so get over yourself. Buffalo has been an afterthought since the Sens beat them. And with that, here's hoping Ryan touches the cup when Drew brings it home :lol:

And Melissa I think Tangled was making a joke so get over yourself. Buffalo has been an afterthought since the Sens beat them. And with that, here's hoping Ryan touches the cup when Drew brings it home :lol:

OOOOh I never even thought of that LOL I will second that! :lol:

The pluses for me:

1. Selanne hoisting the cup - his interview was great - almost worth also having to see Pronger with it

2. O'Donnell giving props to his hometown fans in Kanata/ Ottawa - all class

3. Carol Neidermayer being the proud Mum of two Stanley Cup Champions - a great pay off for the years of early morning trips to the rink

The Negatives:

1. Pronger wining a cup

2. Pronger's name on the cup

3. Pronger rewarded for his consistent low brow behavior

It is not often I am so cold hearted to not be gald to see someone realize a life long dream but this is certainly one of the exceptions.

I was cheering for the Sens but obviously the better team won. Congrats to the Ducks.

I was glad to see Teemu Selanne hoist the cup last night -- long overdue.

Being a Sharks fan, I would always cringe when Kariya & Selanne would

come to town with the Ducks -- they could put on a show. I also enjoyed

seeing him in a Sharks jersey for a few seasons.

Congrats Teemu!!

If you're looking for something to do between now and September,

there's always Aussie Rules Football!

Come see the NC Tigers take on the NY Magpies - Saturday, June 23 at 2:00 p.m.

Thompson Road Park, Garner: Directions

nctigers.com

tiger-text-clearbackground.jpg

The pluses for me:

1. Selanne hoisting the cup - his interview was great - almost worth also having to see Pronger with it

3. Carol Niedermayer being the proud Mum of two Stanley Cup Champions - a great pay off for the years of early morning trips to the rink

Add plus #4 to your list, FTS: Watching future HHOFer Teemu Selanne -- a great guy off the ice, too -- hoist the Cup. He's far and away the most beloved Duck in franchise history, and it was nearly impossible not to feel for him while he wept with joy.

Jan/GSBG

The pluses for me:

3. Carol Niedermayer being the proud Mum of two Stanley Cup Champions - a great pay off for the years of early morning trips to the rink

Add plus #4 to your list, FTS: Watching future HHOFer Teemu Selanne -- a great guy off the ice, too -- hoist the Cup. He's far and away the most beloved Duck in franchise history, and it was nearly impossible not to feel for him while he wept with joy.

Jan/GSBG

A-men three cheers for Selanne!

Did anyone else notice that when Neidermayer was told to come get the Cup he pretty much dissed Bettman :lol:

Didn't look like he cared to shake his hand (could've just forgot with all the excitement) but he definately had no plan to stand there for a photo shoot with him, he litterly took it from Bettman, then Bettman was like "oh yea, go ahead, take it" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did anyone else notice that when Neidermayer was told to come get the Cup he pretty much dissed Bettman :lol:

Didn't look like he cared to shake his hand (could've just forgot with all the excitement) but he definately had no plan to stand there for a photo shoot with him, he litterly took it from Bettman, then Bettman was like "oh yea, go ahead, take it" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, it looked like Bettman really wanted the photo op, but

Neidermayer didn't want anything to do with it!

Everyone on his team had never touched the cup --

I guess he wanted to get to it...

Congrats Ducks!

Way to go Selanne!!!!

....every single solitary post dissing the dissed? hardly. We don't care as much as you think we do, dear. But with the bashing we've taken you know where, we're perfectly within our rights to spit while in our own backyard. At whomever.

That said, neat articles on nhl.com about the finals, about guys on both teams. Check them out. Lots written about Teemu and his long struggle back after the could-have-been career ending knee injury. He truly relishes and cherishes this win. My friends in Finland are just ecstatic. He is like a national treasure. Now a win for Saku Koivu!

SpaceCowboy9, please use standard letters, and colours when posting. I find the different sizes and colours annoying, as do other members.

The pluses for me:

Jan/GSBG

Absolutely on the list! Number 1 in fact. The Finns can sometimes have that reputation of being loved by the home town fans but REALLY annoying to opposing fans. Ex: Tikkanen, Nieminen. But Selanne is one of those true all stars..well liked and respected by many... IMO.