The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

Erik Cole

i gotta say my first thought when i saw him charging into the night was, oh my gosh he is going to hurt himself. thank goodness he is relatively alright being fully concisious and everything. my hope is that he was just laying there bc he knew he was hurt and didnt want to do any more damage. best wishes for a fast recovery bc we need him

They stated that he was being checked out at the stadium so hopefully that is a good sign. The hospital was only 5 minutes away so maybe everything they did was just precauctionary and everthing will check out OK. We need him back but his health always comes first....

I will be keeping Emily and Erik in my prayers.

Oh! Forgeting Emily... God bless Erik and Emily and Bella and Landon! Hope for a swimming recovery. New news: Injury is his neck... however I do not know how serious (probably bad... but I'm waiting for news rather than to assume).

My thoughts and prayers are with Cole.

I'm hoping that the stretcher was just a precaution and he is alright

He wasnt moving at all he'd still be lying there right now face down if it wasnt for the stretcher, this is not good at all I just hope he plays hockey again God willing

He wasnt moving at all he'd still be lying there right now face down if it wasnt for the stretcher, this is not good at all I just hope he plays hockey again God willing

He was moving his fingers and his feet, so I'm sure his playing days aren't over.

It didn't look as bad as the Orpik hit and I would say the absolute worst case is he goes through the same thing he did in the spring of 2006. That's not to make light of it, but he will play again. The only questions are what kind of injury it actually is and how long he'll be out.

It's not nearly as enraging as the Orpik hit either since it was actually a good defensive play, he just had way too much momentum and the only place to go was right into Vokoun's pads.

Oh! Forgeting Emily... God bless Erik and Emily and Bella and Landon! Hope for a swimming recovery. New news: Injury is his neck... however I do not know how serious (probably bad... but I'm waiting for news rather than to assume).

What the source of the news? Keep us posted if you have any info

Thanks,

AndyS

He was moving his fingers and his feet, so we know his playing days aren't over.

It didn't look as bad as the Orpik hit and I would say the absolute worst case is he goes through the same thing he did in the spring of 2006. That's not to make light of it, but he will play again. The only questions are what kind of injury it actually is and how long he'll be out.

It's not nearly as enraging as the Orpik hit either since it was actually a good defensive play, he just had way too much momentum and the only place to go was right into Vokoun's pads.

Better into the pads than into the post I suppose...

Cheers,

Jill

Cole has been rushed to the hospital per Versus

After watching it, I don't like the chances of seeing him take the ice anytime soon... if he laces em up before the new year, I'd be shocked, IMHO

And yes, thats assuming he laces them up again at all. With a 2nd neck injury, you're looking at potential career enders if it happens again...

man i just keep thinking about this... cole is such a good guy and an amazing hockey player.. i would hate to see him out for an extended period of time again.. my thoughts and prayers are w/ him, his family, and even his teammates that were skating around worried, watching and giving him words of encouragement... hopefully we'll get some news soon that he is OK

After watching it, I don't like the chances of seeing him take the ice anytime soon... if he laces em up before the new year, I'd be shocked, IMHO

And yes, thats assuming he laces them up again at all. With a 2nd neck injury, you're looking at potential career enders if it happens again...

Cole will lace up again! Mark my words, he will!

Yes, looks like all we can is wait until CH will say something officially... and honestly he better think twice before come back to the ice anyway with this...

but it will be so sad

Cole will lace up again! Mark my words, he will!

This goes beyond hockey. If you were his wife, if you were his mother or his kid, would you want him to take the ice again? Would you want him to risk potential paralysis the next time he gets checked into the boards? Those already were serious concerns before tonight, but now with this, they become even bigger a concern.

Yes, he is a great player, but some things are more important than just scoring goals. I like Cole, and I like what he brings to this team, but if him skating and scoring a few more goals here for a season or two but ends up with him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life, its not worth it IMHO

Forslund is on the post game and he gave a small update on Cole. He said that Cole is moving all extremieties, is in good spirits, and talked to his teammates before leaving for the hospital. Forslund says he is now at the hospital and he thinks he will be ok. Says with Cole's past, they will take precautionary measures on him.