The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

Erik Cole

thanks sabresfanuhoh. we know in our hearts not all Sabres fans are crap, and you are a good testament to that. Thanks for coming on here and letting us know how you feel. we do really apprciate it. you and everyone else. we are so happy that he is alot better than originally anticipated, and hope he gets back on the ice real soon, but not before he is 100%

Cole Cleared to Fly With Hurricanes To Tampa

By Carolina Hurricanes Media Relations

Not sure if this has been posted yet. Didn't have time to read through the post first.

Posted: Today at 12:24 a.m.

RALEIGH, NC- Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, has announced that doctors at the Cleveland Clinic in Weston, FL, have released forward Erik Cole and cleared him to fly after a CT scan was negative. Cole will join the Hurricanes for the team's flight to Tampa this morning, and he will continue to be monitored by the Hurricanes' medical staff.

Cole was taken to the Cleveland Clinic following an injury he sustained with 7:26 remaining in the third period of the Hurricanes' 4-3 win against the Florida Panthers on Monday night at BankAtlantic Center. Cole was taken from the ice on a stretcher with his head and neck immobilized following the injury.

Thanks for this.

I'm still praying for him to be well. Any injury in any area of the neck, even muscles hurts quite a bit.

thanks sabresfanuhoh. we know in our hearts not all Sabres fans are crap, and you are a good testament to that. Thanks for coming on here and letting us know how you feel. we do really apprciate it. you and everyone else. we are so happy that he is alot better than originally anticipated, and hope he gets back on the ice real soon, but not before he is 100%

I agree. Certainly don't want to take a chance of getting hurt worse. Praying for a full recovery for him!

Wow, never thought I would thank a Sabres fan but we appreciate that. It's scary regardless of who it is or what team a guy plays for when something like that happens but with Erik's past it made it alot more scarier. I dont really think it was a dirty play though, Erik did what he does best, use his speed, out skate the defender which happens 90 percent of the time, and drive straight to the net and the only thing to do is grab at him and with all his momentum going forward its hard to stop. Its just this time Erik fell head first into Vokun. Thats the way #26 plays and he'll continue to play that way until he retires. Hope we get some new news on how he's doing today.

Caniacs,

I am very glad to see that Erik may be doing better than everyone initially feared. Buffalo fans including myself understand the feelings you have been through, having gone through the Kevin Everett situation. I remember how nice it was to read posts from fans of other teams when Kevin was hurt, so I am glad to see you are getting well wishes also. I will continue to hope that he makes a speedy recovery.

Kevin

Caniacs,

I am very glad to see that Erik may be doing better than everyone initially feared. Buffalo fans including myself understand the feelings you have been through, having gone through the Kevin Everett situation. I remember how nice it was to read posts from fans of other teams when Kevin was hurt, so I am glad to see you are getting well wishes also. I will continue to hope that he makes a speedy recovery.

Kevin

Thanks for the wishes. It's nice to see that fans of other teams are wishing Colesy well.

He'll be fine. With all the prayers he's getting, I don't doubt it. :D

Caniacs,

Kevin

once again, thank you very much. it's good to know that, even though our sport is SO physically involved, and included so many fights and whatnot, when something so potentially serious happens, fans can come together. we all know this thing between sabres and canes fans, and panteres fans, well they have their diving thing and so dont like us, and we dont like them, but last night and today, we are all coming together. that just goes to show that LIFE is way more important that HOCKEY, a common misconception to some.

Thanks to all the fans that are expressing concern for Erik. We all love the sport and the game but when it come down to it we love the players and do not want to see any of them hurt or have a caree ending injury.

Speedy recovery Erik!

Regardless of who my favorite team is (um, sabres all the way), my stomach still sank when i was watching this game with my boyfriend last night, you never like to see someone down like that on the ice, especially someone with a history of neck injuries. I'm just glad he's doing better and hope he'll be able to come back soon for you guys! Take care Cole!

Thanks! Very Classy! I'm really impressed with the amount of concern from other fans we're recieving. I know I've said it before but I'm truly amazed. it really feels good to get these well wishes.

From Mike Sundheim's Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relief

Nov. 13, 2007

Fear is seeing a friend in a head-first collision. Seeing him stay down, almost perfectly still. Watching paramedics immobilize his neck and place him on a stretcher. Knowing that man has had a neck injury before, leaving him just slightly more susceptible to such a serious injury again. Seeing the replay over and over, and knowing just how fast he was going when his head hit first.

Relief is hearing that he is moving his arms and legs and fingers and toes on the ice. Asking him whether he wants you to call his wife, and hearing him say,

We won the game, so it's a mute point.

I'm aware of that but thanks for pointing it out. Yes, we won the game and if there was a penalty it certainly wouldn't matter at this point. The poster made an observation and I was clearly stating that I agreed with what they said. Why must YOU always have something negative to say to everyone on this board?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relief

Nov. 13, 2007

Fear is seeing a friend in a head-first collision. Seeing him stay down, almost perfectly still. Watching paramedics immobilize his neck and place him on a stretcher. Knowing that man has had a neck injury before, leaving him just slightly more susceptible to such a serious injury again. Seeing the replay over and over, and knowing just how fast he was going when his head hit first.

Relief is hearing that he is moving his arms and legs and fingers and toes on the ice. Asking him whether he wants you to call his wife, and hearing him say,

Relief

Nov. 13, 2007

Relief is hearing that he is moving his arms and legs and fingers and toes on the ice. Asking him whether he wants you to call his wife, and hearing him say, "Tell her it's not bad like last time." Hearing the team trainers say in the locker room that the doctors are "just being careful." Sitting on the airplane and hearing that the CT Scan was negative and that we are waiting for the player and assistant trainer to arrive for the flight. And then watching your friend walk, almost bounce, right down the aisle of the plane to his seat in the back, to the hoots and hollers all of his other friends.

By the time we got to the hotel in Tampa last night, Erik Cole was back to his usual self, laughing and smiling with his teammates. He even joked about being wheeled off the ice on the stretcher, and waiting until he passed under the scoreboard so he could check if a penalty had been called on the play. ("No penalty! Get serious.") He'll continue to be monitored by our training staff as to exactly what injuries he does have. But there is no way around the fact, that we all had reason to feel thankful, and relieved at the end of the night.

OK, I need tissue now. I was thrilled to hear that he was walking down the aisle of the plane and was checking out the scoreboard for a penalty call and then joking about it. That's my Colesy!

We won the game, so it's a mute point.

That's not very nice, just because we won the game doesn't negate the fact that a penalty should have been called!

I'm aware of that but thanks for pointing it out. Yes, we won the game and if there was a penalty it certainly wouldn't matter at this point. The poster made an observation and I was clearly stating that I agreed with what they said. Why must YOU always have something negative to say to everyone on this board?

I personally believe the no call was a right one. There was no penalty on the play. It was a good, clean hit that unfortunately turned out badly.

And I will comment if I disagree with someone. Sorry if that shatters any beliefs you have :rolleyes:

Preciate that post 3636, Thats great news, Couldnt really sleep last night but now hearing news this mouring I think time will ease mine and the Caniac nation's pain, every minute that passes and as new updates come in I feel a little better knowing he's alright.