The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CANIAC4LIFE91

Erik Cole

After reading Sundheim's blog, makes one wonder if Cole might even be in the lineup tomorrow? :blink:

I hope not, Even if Erik says he can go tomarrow Id proly keep him out atleast untill the Philly game if it were me. But I hope to see him sooner than later.

I personally believe the no call was a right one. There was no penalty on the play. It was a good, clean hit that unfortunately turned out badly.

And I will comment if I disagree with someone. Sorry if that shatters any beliefs you have :rolleyes:

I'm right there with you IceFrog999, people get way to bent out of shape on here some of the time. Everyone's opinions are welcome even if they are not the same as your own.

Plus it was a good no call...even if he would have scored or what ever was going to happen. He would have probably ended up taking out Voukun(sp) or worse.

I hope not, Even if Erik says he can go tomarrow Id proly keep him out atleast untill the Philly game if it were me. But I hope to see him sooner than later.

Is it bad to say that I wish they would keep him out of the Philly games? Philly was already scaring me wondering if we'll get out of that game with no injuries, but with this recent happening with Cole. I'm gonna be a freakin nervous wreck when we play this guys.

Seriously, I don't want to see him in the line up tomorrow night. Ladd is supposed to be back, so its no rush on bringing Cole back. I'd rather him rest up and feel 110%.

Not to make light of this, especially since we all know he's ok, but last night I kept thinking, "I'm glad this didn't happen in Mellon Arena" :o

Not to make light of this, especially since we all know he's ok, but last night I kept thinking, "I'm glad this didn't happen in Mellon Arena" :o

I personally believe the no call was a right one. There was no penalty on the play. It was a good, clean hit that unfortunately turned out badly.

And I will comment if I disagree with someone. Sorry if that shatters any beliefs you have :rolleyes:

And you are entitled to your opinions! I said what I thought and you basically told me that it was a mute point and no I'm not shattered. It takes a lot more than that for this 37 year old woman to be shattered. You thought it was legal and I thought there could have possibly been a penalty. It did look like a clean hit except for the slight tugging with his free hand. I'm not the only one that saw that and even Erik questioned it. No biggie, we won the game just like you said.

I'm right there with you IceFrog999, people get way to bent out of shape on here some of the time. Everyone's opinions are welcome even if they are not the same as your own.

Plus it was a good no call...even if he would have scored or what ever was going to happen. He would have probably ended up taking out Voukun(sp) or worse.

I'm not bent out of shape, thank you! I expressed my opinion and he expressed his opinion.

From what I have read and saw, I think he will be fine. One story mentioned burning and ain in the shoulder and trapezes(sp?) areas. I am not a doctor, but I have had neurosurgery on my neck, disc removed, screws and plates installed in my neck and I get that pain from certain positions and impact as well. It is a numbing sensation initially then painful, but subsides quickly.

I hope he will be playing tomorrow, because that would mean pain but no damage.

Get better EC!

I said what I thought and you basically told me that it was a mute point and no I'm not shattered.

Please please please - can we stop using the term "mute point"? It is a moot point. Moot. Unless the point is silent in which case, yes, I guess it would be called "mute".

Anyhow, sharing the blog with all interested parties on my email distribution. Thanks for sharing!

Please please please - can we stop using the term "mute point"? It is a moot point. Moot. Unless the point is silent in which case, yes, I guess it would be called "mute".

Anyhow, sharing the blog with all interested parties on my email distribution. Thanks for sharing!

You must be an English Teacher! LOL Good post!

If this had happened last night at Hell Arena/Mellon Arena, I would have had to drive down there last night and burn that place down, and while I was there Id just go ahead and burn the new one their building down also, Lets hope the new building doesnt bring the bad juju from the old one!!!

If this had happened last night at Hell Arena/Mellon Arena, I would have had to drive down there last night and burn that place down, and while I was there Id just go ahead and burn the new one their building down also, Lets hope the new building doesnt bring the bad juju from the old one!!!

If you ever decide to do that give me a call and i'll meet you there. I'll be your partner in crime. :lol:

wow good news from that blog, he's in good spirits which is awesome, when he fractured his vertebre two years ago he was not in good spirits at all, or at least thats the vibe i got from the press.

we should call mellon arena "[H E double hockey sticks]-in-an-arena" it kind of rhymes

wow good news from that blog, he's in good spirits which is awesome, when he fractured his vertebre two years ago he was not in good spirits at all, or at least thats the vibe i got from the press.

we should call mellon arena "[H E double hockey sticks]-in-an-arena" it kind of rhymes

LOL...who would be in "good spirits" with two fractured vertebre...There was no penalty on that play IMO and I'm glad he's okay. Don't want to see ANYONE leave the ice that way

From Mike Sundheim's Blog

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Relief

Nov. 13, 2007

Fear is seeing a friend in a head-first collision. Seeing him stay down, almost perfectly still. Watching paramedics immobilize his neck and place him on a stretcher. Knowing that man has had a neck injury before, leaving him just slightly more susceptible to such a serious injury again. Seeing the replay over and over, and knowing just how fast he was going when his head hit first.

Relief is hearing that he is moving his arms and legs and fingers and toes on the ice. Asking him whether he wants you to call his wife, and hearing him say,

The post from Sundheim's blog is a big relief. I knew he was smiling on that stretcher, but seeing in words that it hardly fazed him is beyond encouraging.

Speaking of encouraging, I'm very impressed at the amount of class that opposing fans have displayed, particularly those on here from Nashville and Buffalo and the ones in the arena in Miami last night. It's no secret that no one down there likes us very much, but it was good to see them put it aside, chant his name, and give him a standing ovation as he leaves the ice. It's good to know that they haven't taken their hatred of our team to a personal level and that they'll ignore a budding rivalry when this sort of thing happens.

The defender clearly used his free hand on Coles left shoulder. Turned him enough for him to go down at that speed. Watch the replay and it is evident. Ref could have missed it but he was looking right at him. If not in Florida (dive city) and the fact it was Cole call might have been made. No way to tell.

Steadfast prayers go out for Erik Cole's speedy and complete recovery. From what I saw, I really do want to send a big "well done" to Pete and Jason, the Canes' athletic trainers (ATCs). Along with help from the Panthers' staff, EMS personnel, and Canes' players, they did a nice job of spineboarding Cole. It was great to see such professional cooperation.