The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

NHL Playoffs Pick 'em Contest!

Well, it's not hard, it's just annoying having to keep doing it. Hopefully people will start posting them here.

Here are my picks:

Buffalo over the Islanders in 5

New Jersey over Tampa Bay in 6

Penguins over the Senators in 5

Rangers over the Thrashers in 5

Dallas over Vancouver in 6

Ducks over the Wild in 7

Nashville over San Jose in 6

Flames over the Red Wings in 6

Reminder to Godzilla1960: you've got about 22 hours to fix your picks. You can still play even if you don't, but you just won't get a chance at bonus points like everyone else. So, hopefully you'll stop by and see this before it's too late.

I want to play- and if it's allowed (?) I'll throw in a very nice metal photo cube with a Hurricanes sticker on the top for whoever wins. If you don't live here in Raleigh and win this...gonna have to figure out how to get the darn thing to ya. Okay here are my predictions (*crosses fingers*):

Islanders over Buffalo in 5

Tampa over NJ in 6

Atlanta over Rangers in 6

Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 5

Calgary over Detroit in 7

Anaheim over Minnesota in 5

Vancouver over Dallas in 6

San Jose over Nashville in 7

Are we feeling upset minded??

Since Catherine was in Montreal, she didn't get to post her picks, but I'm letting her play anyway because she is awesome and I am nice like that. :)

Buf in 5

TBL in 6

Atl in 7

Pitt in 6

Det in 6

Ana in 6

Van in 7

SJS in 6

She didn't pick the Stars... :(

Are we feeling upset minded??

A little, yeah. It's the playoffs- would love to see where it could go if the upsets happen. Of course, now that I've watched a few games, I'm thinking "Oh my goodness!" How incredibly physical and rough these Round 1 games are. The players are definitely hungry, and they are asserting their hunger & passion in an aggressive way. I'm loving that! (Except for hits from behind like the one which resulted in a 1 game suspension for one guy-don't care for that)

Mods, can you pin this? Also, you can now unpin my playoff race thread, of course.

I think that was missed the first time around. :(

Alright, leaderboard updated again. How the heck is Rachel in the outright lead?! This is the same person who picked Texas A&M-Corpus Christi to get to the Final Four!

Leaderboard updated. Nearly all of you scored points with Buffalo winning, and quite a few of you scored the bonus point by picking them to win in five. Rachel is still the surprise leader... how can that be?

Leaderboard updated. Nearly all of you scored points with Buffalo winning, and quite a few of you scored the bonus point by picking them to win in five. Rachel is still the surprise leader... how can that be?

WooHoo! I am moving on up!

Five first round series are in the books, and there is now a three-way tie at the top. It's getting interesting now...