The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

NHL Playoffs Pick 'em Contest!

Seven of the eight series are complete, and king_caniac is still, well, king. If Vancouver wins tomorrow, he clinches this round, and gets an extra bonus point towards his quest to win the overall title, because he picked Vancouver in seven. I'm rooting against that, though, for obvious reasons. ;)

I think it's your internet... try refreshing once it loads up. If I'm here, I update it the second a game ends.

On we go to the conference semifinals. Congratulations to king_caniac for winning the conference quarterfinals! I'll kick off the picks for the next round...

Buffalo in 6

Ottawa in 7

Detroit in 7

Anaheim in 6

From the bottom feeders of the points, here's my guess:

Rangers in 7

Ottawa in 7

SJ in 6

Anaheim in 7

Rangers / Sabres- Tough call, its going to seven but I'm not sure who wins it. Rangers will be physically all over the Slugs and it'll be interesting to see if Linda makes the right adjustments. If not, they're toast.

Jersey / Ottawa - I was not impressed by NJ in the first round. Unless they play more consistently, it's Ottawa in 5 games. This just could be their year.

San Jose / Detroit - This one may get to seven but the Sharks will punish and wear out Detroit.

Anaheim / Vancouver - Amaheim in 4-5. Luongo is great but can't hold off the Ducks by himself.

Rangers / Sabres- Tough call, its going to seven but I'm not sure who wins it. Rangers will be physically all over the Slugs and it'll be interesting to see if Linda makes the right adjustments. If not, they're toast.

Jersey / Ottawa - I was not impressed by NJ in the first round. Unless they play more consistently, it's Ottawa in 5 games. This just could be their year.

San Jose / Detroit - This one may get to seven but the Sharks will punish and wear out Detroit.

Anaheim / Vancouver - Amaheim in 4-5. Luongo is great but can't hold off the Ducks by himself.

You need to make your picks clearer... in some of those, I can't tell who you're picking and in how many games.

Anaheim / Vancouver - Anaheim in 4-5. Luongo is great but can't hold off the Ducks by himself.

Oops, and the point is:

Rangers over Slugs in 7

Ottawa over NJ in 5

SJ over Detroit in 7

Ducks over Canucks in 5

Anaheim / Vancouver - Anaheim in 4-5. Luongo is great but can't hold off the Ducks by himself.

Oops, and the point is:

Rangers over Slugs in 7

Ottawa over NJ in 5

SJ over Detroit in 7

Ducks over Canucks in 5

Thanks. Where were you for the first round, by the way? Now you can't win the overall title. :(

No idea but you guys were having so much fun without me so I thought I'd jump in.

Humor me and carry on.....

Thanks. Where were you for the first round, by the way? Now you can't win the overall title. :(

No idea but you guys were having so much fun without me so I thought I'd jump in.

Humor me and carry on.....