The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

NHL Playoffs Pick 'em Contest!

Most of the top dogs didn't pick Ottawa, so the crucial part of the leaderboard didn't change much. The Detroit-Anaheim series will be huge, though. It'll be interesting to see what the leaderboard looks like once that series is over with.

After the conference finals, we're down to seven people that are alive in the race for the title. For the Finals, the six of you besides me that are still alive, instead of posting your picks here, you must send them to me in a PM. This is to avoid people using strategy to try to win. I've already made my pick, and will obviously reveal it when the deadling to make picks passes. Good luck to you other six, and the rest of you, go ahead and try your luck just for fun. If you're not one of the seven, then you can post your picks here.

Almost forgot about the most important part. If you are one of the seven, include in your PM how many total goals you think will be scored in the Finals by both teams combined. Those of you that aren't one of the seven can do it too, but it won't count for anything.

This is to avoid people using strategy to try to win.

I won't be participating in the final round. I feel that I did what was necessary to avoid people ahead of me picking the same as me, not that I changed my picks or games. I obviously can't prove that, but the truth is I selected exactly what I would have chosen even if the picks had been hidden.

Why aren't you participating? Granted, you need two points and a slipup by dp1one, but you still have a chance to win.

Three of the seven have made their picks... the rest of you four, get to it! There's still five days to go, but it's never too early to make your pick.

I really have no idea what to pick so I will take my time and really make up my mind.. because I've not only got this, but I've got two tickets going off of what I pick.. and I want those two tickets!

I guess the players still in contention are really thinking their picks over. The deadline's getting closer... so hurry! Remember to PM me your picks if you are above the line on the leaderboard.

I'm not sure why the ones that are in contention aren't playing. The leader and one second-place player has not picked yet. Come on guys... Monday night is fast approaching.

I'm working on it. :ph34r: I can't decide!

Same here.

I'm going to take some time tomorrow and really decide. And I will PM them about.. right before the game :P

<---procrastinator

Remember everyone... the deadline is 8PM tomorrow. I won't be here to announce that it's closed, obviously, but I've got the post time that I can rely on. :)

I'm back from my trip (I'll fill you all in later), so now I can reveal the picks of the players still in contention:

ali26: Ottawa in 6; 22 total goals

dogbutler: Ottawa in 7; 39 total goals

dp1one: Ottawa in 6; 28 total goals

gocanes88: Ottawa in 7; 35 total goals

Whatthepuck: Anaheim in 7

Catherine, you forgot to do the tiebreaker, but the way the series is going... it may not matter.