The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
diamonddan

Attendance

This board has become a place to whine? This board has been a place to whine since it was a HTML board that got spammed. It's a public forum and thats generally what a public forum is online and offline. Who goes to a city meeting because thier happy?

The thing that makes this tolerable is the posters that are whining, generally have points and other posters counteract. The only problem is people dunno when to drop a topic....like 3 weeks later we're still complaining about the D. Has it done anything? No... do we feel better about it? No... did we vent our frustration with other people feeling the same way...yup

Broke college students is why they have the college night discount!! You keep asking for something for nothing!! If you want hockey that will fit into your economic model then we need to field an AHL team and not Stanley Cup Champions. If going to the games is that important to you then you find a way. Earlier this season I was giving away tickets (as in free, you pay postage or pick them up) and you would have thought they were cootie infested. Not many wanted free tickets because they didn't want to pay parking and didn't like the price of beer or food. This is a no win discussion.

I personally have not asked for more from the organization. I have mentioned it in regards to fans as a whole, but not for me personally. I know I can only make 2 or 3 games a season and that those are usually discount nights. All my point was, was that it is expensive, and not everyone has the means to fund it. that is all. And I am not whining, just pointing out why NOT EVERYONE can get to all the games or fund STH tickets. just posting sound reasoning for what some of you say about how there should be no reason why more people don't come to the games.

Fan support - yes, financial support - no or minimal (depending on what the teams get from ad revenue during the game). The way you support a team and keep them in your area is by buying tickets, when that isn't an option then a least purchasing "Hurricanes Authorized Merchandise" (cheap knock offs do not support the team but actually steal from it), by frequenting the advertisers that have spots during the game (beep-beep). By not doing ANYTHING financial for the team and just watching the games (not supporting the advertisers), then you aren't much better than a bandwagoner.

Caniac97 you and a few others on this board are TRUE fans that SUPPORT the Canes.... I agree about the bandwagoner's which is most people on this board.

Fan support - yes, financial support - no or minimal (depending on what the teams get from ad revenue during the game). The way you support a team and keep them in your area is by buying tickets, when that isn't an option then a least purchasing "Hurricanes Authorized Merchandise" (cheap knock offs do not support the team but actually steal from it), by frequenting the advertisers that have spots during the game (beep-beep). By not doing ANYTHING financial for the team and just watching the games (not supporting the advertisers), then you aren't much better than a bandwagoner.

Caniac97 you and a few others on this board are TRUE fans that SUPPORT the Canes.... I agree about the bandwagoner's which is most people on this board.

I must have overlooked the top post, but this is one where our opinions are sorely pitted against each others. Once again, as used as an example to explain why some can't go to games, MONEY is a huge issue, more than you may realize (of course I do not know your financial situation). If someone can not fund a trip to Raleigh to attend a game in person that costs roughly $100, how do you think they can fund a $300 authentic or $150 replica jersey? It just isnt possible for some people. Just because we can't and don't buy things or tickets doesnt mean we are any less of a fan, And sure as heck not a bandwagoner. I moved to NC in 1994 and I was 8. When the canes moved here 3 years later, I had no idea. I didnt really know until the next year when I was given tickets by a friend to go to a game. It was fun, but I didn't really care. In fact, i didn't really know what hockey was until I went off to College a few years ago, to the University of North Dakota. While there I was GREATLY acclimated to hockey and learned a WHOLE lot. Of course, I realized I had a hockey team back home during the 04-05 season and started following. Then of course, they won the cup the next season, after I had come back from school, so I was even more happy to be a fan. Since then I have started going to (a few) games when I could afford it, and have tried to have the money on a jersey or hoodie or whatnot, but that does not make it possible 100%. I do my part, if I can. I watch, I talk on here, I put my 2 cents in by writing to Forslund and Chuck once in a while, but because I can't afford to go to the games or buy a jersey or something else, I am as bad as a bandwagoner? I am sorry I have priorties, just like other students. And the first priority can NOT always be the Hurricanes, sorry to say.

I personally have not asked for more from the organization. I have mentioned it in regards to fans as a whole, but not for me personally. I know I can only make 2 or 3 games a season and that those are usually discount nights. All my point was, was that it is expensive, and not everyone has the means to fund it. that is all. And I am not whining, just pointing out why NOT EVERYONE can get to all the games or fund STH tickets. just posting sound reasoning for what some of you say about how there should be no reason why more people don't come to the games.

I understand, but we already have the cheapest tickets in the nhl.

So because we choose to get an education, we're bandwagoners? Man, some logic you got right there. <_<

I understand, but we already have the cheapest tickets in the nhl.

And if it was just a matter of buying tickets, then all would be right. You seemed to ignore the many other factors to take into account, like travel, food, etc.

I must have overlooked the top post, but this is one where our opinions are sorely pitted against each others. Once again, as used as an example to explain why some can't go to games, MONEY is a huge issue, more than you may realize (of course I do not know your financial situation). If someone can not fund a trip to Raleigh to attend a game in person that costs roughly $100, how do you think they can fund a $300 authentic or $150 replica jersey? It just isnt possible for some people. Just because we can't and don't buy things or tickets doesnt mean we are any less of a fan, And sure as heck not a bandwagoner. I moved to NC in 1994 and I was 8. When the canes moved here 3 years later, I had no idea. I didnt really know until the next year when I was given tickets by a friend to go to a game. It was fun, but I didn't really care. In fact, i didn't really know what hockey was until I went off to College a few years ago, to the University of North Dakota. While there I was GREATLY acclimated to hockey and learned a WHOLE lot. Of course, I realized I had a hockey team back home during the 04-05 season and started following. Then of course, they won the cup the next season, after I had come back from school, so I was even more happy to be a fan. Since then I have started going to (a few) games when I could afford it, and have tried to have the money on a jersey or hoodie or whatnot, but that does not make it possible 100%. I do my part, if I can. I watch, I talk on here, I put my 2 cents in by writing to Forslund and Chuck once in a while, but because I can't afford to go to the games or buy a jersey or something else, I am as bad as a bandwagoner? I am sorry I have priorties, just like other students. And the first priority can NOT always be the Hurricanes, sorry to say.

How long do you think Karmanos would keep the team here is all the Cane's fans "supported" the team like you. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but this is a business.

personally for me all that factors into it is this, I dont have confidence in my vision at night and hate driving at night. Everyones tail lights glare horribly in my eyes, couple that with I-40.... i'll stick to CI. I could deal with a 10 minute drive in the dark but it would be an half and a half for me. I could possibly make an afternoon game, but those seem to be gone?

How long do you think Karmanos would keep the team here is all the Cane's fans "supported" the team like you. Sorry to hurt your feelings, but this is a business.

....It is literally like talking to a brick wall right now. Let's put it simply:

RBC Center = A little more than an hour drive from ECU

Driving = Usually involves a car and gas

Gas = Extremely expensive

Now, back to ECU:

ECU = A college.

College = Has college students

College studnets = Poor, due to tuition, books, whathaveyou.

Any of this getting through?

And if it was just a matter of buying tickets, then all would be right. You seemed to ignore the many other factors to take into account, like travel, food, etc.

I will tell you like my dad told me, If you can't afford to go to the games then don't!! Just don't complain about the prices and such unless you are in the position to buy the team and change it.

....It is literally like talking to a brick wall right now. Let's put it simply:

RBC Center = A little more than an hour drive from ECU

Driving = Usually involves a car and gas

Gas = Extremely expensive

Now, back to ECU:

ECU = A college.

College = Has college students

College studnets = Poor, due to tuition, books, whathaveyou.

Any of this getting through?

Simple Solution = Don't go to the games

Problem solved.

I won't copy and past all of the reponses that I want to respond to, but I think IceFrog put it best....it IS like talking to a brick wall. Even when we put it in the simplest of forms, you all still seem ignorant to what our problem is. And how in the world can you say don't go to the games then? We are saying we can't! I dont get how you can use that as logic in your argument. It amkes no sense. This has gone from crazy logic to ridiculous nonsense comments.

listen, bottom line is, if we can't afford to get there in the first place, then so be it. You have no idea how many times I have said, cool I have time and I can afford to go, oh wait, except for GAS....do you guys not understand that as college students, we maybe make in a year what you make in a month? if that? and that has to go to rent, school, food.....i just dont understand how you guys can not understand that some people just can't do it! whether it is money, or time, or whatever it is. some people just cant do it.

and do you also realize that, just because there is a hockey team here, that doesnt mean that suddenly everyone around here are hockey fans.

I tried to stay out of this, but its just getting ridiculous. From the sounds of it you would think this team doesn't do promotions. For ones who have no clue and complain about tickets prices being too expensive, where here's the upcoming BOGO offers:

Dec. 12 - Toys for Tots - bring in a toy buy a ticket get one free

Dec. 18 - Food Bank - bring in canned goods, buy a ticket get one free

Jan. 2 - Goodwill Industries - bring in a used/cleaned coat, buy a ticket get one free

Not to mention the College Nights and Military games.

But wait, I guess I'll hear that bringing in a toy for a child or feeding the homeless is asking too much and the Canes should just give away tickets. :unsure:

Canes have the some of the cheapest tickets around the league. Not to mention their $8 in parking is the cheapest.

Now we are complaining about beer prices, well guess what, their that expensive everywhere, even Panthers games. Go figure.

This is a business. If you want your business to succed you need to charge. I can understand complaining if the Canes didn't do any promos, but they are, sad thing is too many are greedy and want things handed to them on a gold platter.

Am I a millionaire, hell no. I don't even make that much money, but you know what. I save my money every year so I can afford tickets. I give up things, in order to pay for tickets/parking. I can't remember the last time I took a trip somewhere. Sometimes you need to sacrifice other things in order to do things. But complaining b/c the organization don't have cheaper tickets or the food is to expensive, to me sounds like you just want to beatch about something and are the ones who are never happy no matter what.

EDIT: I do want to say that if you can't go b/c your a college student, its understandable. But don't complain that the org isn't doing enough, they are doing plenty by having the BOGO offers. And if you decide not to take them up on that BOGO offer, well that's your own problem. And for the ones who live 2 hours away, what would you like them to do, go play a game in your city?

I won't copy and past all of the reponses that I want to respond to, but I think IceFrog put it best....it IS like talking to a brick wall. Even when we put it in the simplest of forms, you all still seem ignorant to what our problem is. And how in the world can you say don't go to the games then? We are saying we can't! I dont get how you can use that as logic in your argument. It amkes no sense. This has gone from crazy logic to ridiculous nonsense comments.

listen, bottom line is, if we can't afford to get there in the first place, then so be it. You have no idea how many times I have said, cool I have time and I can afford to go, oh wait, except for GAS....do you guys not understand that as college students, we maybe make in a year what you make in a month? if that? and that has to go to rent, school, food.....i just dont understand how you guys can not understand that some people just can't do it! whether it is money, or time, or whatever it is. some people just cant do it.

and do you also realize that, just because there is a hockey team here, that doesnt mean that suddenly everyone around here are hockey fans.

You don't seem to understand..... You think Karmanos' cares that people can not afford to pay for the lowest tickets in the league? If you think the answer is yes, Karmanos' cares and LOVES fans like you then I guess I am a brick wall. THIS IS A BUSINESS!!!!! Like Caniac97 said.... go support a minor league team if you can give REAL support to the Canes.

I tried to stay out of this, but its just getting ridiculous. From the sounds of it you would think this team doesn't do promotions. For ones who have no clue and complain about tickets prices being too expensive, where here's the upcoming BOGO offers:

Jan. 2 - Goodwill Industries - bring in a used/cleaned coat, buy a ticket get one free

But wait, I guess I'll hear that bringing in a toy for a child or feeding the homeless is asking too much and the Canes should just give away tickets. :unsure:

Canes have the some of the cheapest tickets around the league. Not to mention their $8 in parking is the cheapest.

Now we are complaining about beer prices, well guess what, their that expensive everywhere, even Panthers games. Go figure.

This is a business. If you want your business to succed you need to charge. I can understand complaining if the Canes didn't do any promos, but they are, sad thing is too many are greedy and want things handed to them on a gold platter.

Am I a millionaire, hell no. I don't even make that much money, but you know what. I save my money every year so I can afford tickets. I give up things, in order to pay for tickets/parking. I can't remember the last time I took a trip somewhere. Sometimes you need to sacrifice other things in order to do things. But complaining b/c the organization don't have cheaper tickets or the food is to expensive, to me sounds like you just want to beatch about something and are the ones who are never happy no matter what.

EDIT: I do want to say that if you can't go b/c your a college student, its understandable. But don't complain that the org isn't doing enough, they are doing plenty by having the BOGO offers. And if you decide not to take them up on that BOGO offer, well that's your own problem. And for the ones who live 2 hours away, what would you like them to do, go play a game in your city?

Great post!!

good post.

When I was in college I worked two jobs to pay for tuition and still couldn't afford the price of a ticket to see single A baseball. Did I look for a message board to bash the team, no - I just didn't go to the games. Followed the team on TV and the newspaper.

Well, naw, i wouldnt want them to come here, but it doesnt change that it is difficult. I am glad SOMEONE can finally understand that being a college student has a HUGE effect on being able to get to games or purchase an (expensive) jersey. BOGOs are awesome, and we may try to do that, but again, just like any other offers, there are many other factors involved in getting to a game. I am in no way saying they don't do enough, they do ALOT, and are very cheap, but if I lived in another market, i wouldn't be able to get to any more games, probably less.

Fellas' yall need to relax and re-read these posts. No one is bashing the canes' here? Most are merely saying I wish I could goto more games but I can't and this is why, and those people are annonyed thier fanhood gets put into question because they cant attend every game like others.

I dont care if you attend 41 games or watch everygame that comes on TV that you can. There is no levels of being a Caniac, I'm not a level 27 Caniac because I watch all 82 games on the boob tube and a STH isnt a level 75 Caniac because they see 41 and watch the other 41 on tv.

Your either a fan or not. I am going to go on a limb and say everyones whose cared to post in this thread is a Caniac and no ones challenging that.

You don't seem to understand..... You think Karmanos' cares that people can not afford to pay for the lowest tickets in the league? If you think the answer is yes, Karmanos' cares and LOVES fans like you then I guess I am a brick wall. THIS IS A BUSINESS!!!!! Like Caniac97 said.... go support a minor league team if you can give REAL support to the Canes.

are you serious? no one said anything about Karmanos caring or net except you. i know he doesnt. he doesnt care about me any more than the next person. he just wants the money to flow in, because, like you said, this is a business. I couldn't support FINANCIALLY a minor league team any more than I can the canes. YOU are the one who doesnt seem to understand what the problem is.

When I was in college I worked two jobs to pay for tuition and still couldn't afford the price of a ticket to see single A baseball. Did I look for a message board to bash the team, no - I just didn't go to the games. Followed the team on TV and the newspaper.

I haven;t been bashing the team whatsoever! Where did you get that idea? I am glad you had the same experience I have back when youy were in college, so you should understand. It has nothing to do with not WANTING to go to games. When I have had the ability, I have gone. That hasnt been too often. If I have the ability and the extra money, I will help out the team and get tickets, but if I CAN'T I cant. bottom line. I follow the team on the internet, newspaper, television....any way possible. Ask my fiance, I spend HOURS online researching the team and making posts on here. thats how I can show that I am a fan. byt voicing opinions on here.

Your either a fan or not. I am going to go on a limb and say everyones whose cared to post in this thread is a Caniac and no ones challenging that.

THANK you. I am a fan, and that is that. Anyone who questions whether I am a fan or not just because I don't have the money to go to games is being dumb. They have no bearing on each other at all

Ask my fiance, I spend HOURS online researching the team and making posts on here. thats how I can show that I am a fan. byt voicing opinions on here.

I just talked to Karmanos and he is thrilled.

I just talked to Karmanos and he is thrilled.

oh man im just going to start laughing now. this is getting rediculous. I dont care what Karmanos things, just like he doesnt care what I think. I do what I can, bottom line. He doesnt care if I can or cant. And I dont care if he cares. I do it cause I want to if I can. I may want to, but maybe I can't. But I will always want to. If I can't, I do what I can on here. If being a FAN only meant going to the games, then no hockey games would be broadcast on TV. ya need to just stop.