The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
shane472

Players You Don't Like

I dont dislike any of them, I try not to learn about their personalities too much, (interferes with a lot) doesnt matter to me if their jerks or funny guys... If they play great on gameday, youre fine in my book. :) But of course if you stink it up.......... thats a different story

I dont dislike any of them, I try not to learn about their personalities too much, (interferes with a lot) doesnt matter to me if their jerks or funny guys... If they play great on gameday, youre fine in my book. :) But of course if you stink it up.......... thats a different story

I'm not aiming this at anyone, but Cam Ward didn't have a WONDERFUL year last year. I am a fan of Cammie, but Cam's past season wasn't as great as his Stanley Cup run... however, his year was ok.

I'm not aiming this at anyone, but Cam Ward didn't have a WONDERFUL year last year. I am a fan of Cammie, but Cam's past season wasn't as great as his Stanley Cup run... however, his year was ok.

Wardo was making one of the toughest transitions in sports last year, becoming the #1 keeper on a daily basis for an entire season. It's a lot easier to bring your "A" game over the course of a month when every game is crucial and every house is rocking. Bringing that same intensity to the day-in day-out grind of the regular season is a tall order. I think you'll see the fruits of his efforts with each successive game this year.

As to the rest of the thread, I agree that we're talking about playing style. The organization calls on these guys not only as players but also as ambassabors for the team. They all know that going in and all seem to handle it well. (Not a Terrell Owens in the bunch!)

So, speaking purely on style of play, I have to agree that Johnny leaves something to be desired. He leaves the crease to handle the puck waaaaaaaaaay more than he should and there was more than one time in just his half game of work on Sunday that his D-men seemed unsure of what he would do with it. If he'd stay in the crease a little more and make better choices about when to play loose pucks, I'm sure I'd feel better about him as our #2. And yes, Leighton was downright hot Sunday.

It's time to hang em up old man wesley

HUH? you think our best defenseman should "hang 'em up"... are you a Thrashers fan, Caps fan or a Buffalo fan??... judging from the "AO" it must be Caps

HUH? you think our best defenseman should "hang 'em up"... are you a Thrashers fan, Caps fan or a Buffalo fan??... judging from the "AO" it must be Caps

Must be a Panthers...must...stop...the dives...

He's a Hurricanes fan.

And I know a lot of people who would agree with him anyways.

Personally, I've got no problem with a guy playing as long as possible. He's good, I like him. Veterans like Wesley are an important part of a team, especially for passing down their tricks to younger guys.

He's a Hurricanes fan.

And I know a lot of people who would agree with him anyways.

First, I was just pickin'!! :rolleyes:

I know alot of people think Wesley should hang 'em up. Usually they say "he's too slow", but you'd be hard pressed to find a better defenseman in the league as far as playing "smart", cutting the angles, etc. when he gets too slow to make those angles I'll agree with them, but until then I question their knowledge of the finer points of defensive play

First, I was just pickin'!! :rolleyes:

I know alot of people think Wesley should hang 'em up. Usually they say "he's too slow", but you'd be hard pressed to find a better defenseman in the league as far as playing "smart", cutting the angles, etc. when he gets too slow to make those angles I'll agree with them, but until then I question their knowledge of the finer points of defensive play

Agreed. I would like to see some of our younger players try to play like Wes... <_<

Agreed. I would like to see some of our younger players try to play like Wes... <_<

if our top 6 blueliners had his +/- then we'd be unbeatable... best way to get them to play like him is for him to be on the ice showing them first hand...

(Frantisek Kaberle). He is a very soft player and unlike his brother, he doesn't score enough points to make up for it. He had one good offensive season and Rutherford gave him a pile of money. I am sure he will have another big season the year his contract expires, until then he will do as little as possible.

So you're saying Kaberle is the type of guy to slack off during his contract and only work hard during a contract year? Pretty harsh accusation. I'm gonna say you don't know what you're talking about, though, given that you say JR "gave him a pile of money." $2.2 million a year for what he does is a steal, especially compared to what defensemen are getting now.

I do not like any of the Canes :angry: .... I am a Sabers fan :lol: ... No just kidding :rolleyes: ...

I like all the guys on the team and a few of the guys I saw last night I would love to see on the team in the future.

Goalies have it tough. Make the save you're a hero :) . Let a softy get by and you're the pond scum :( . I do like the way Graham can handle the puck as much as I hate how much he leaves the crease.

Any how I love them all and will be there on Friday to root them all on...

;)

Wardo was making one of the toughest transitions in sports last year, becoming the #1 keeper on a daily basis for an entire season. It's a lot easier to bring your "A" game over the course of a month when every game is crucial and every house is rocking. Bringing that same intensity to the day-in day-out grind of the regular season is a tall order. I think you'll see the fruits of his efforts with each successive game this year.

As to the rest of the thread, I agree that we're talking about playing style. The organization calls on these guys not only as players but also as ambassabors for the team. They all know that going in and all seem to handle it well. (Not a Terrell Owens in the bunch!)

So, speaking purely on style of play, I have to agree that Johnny leaves something to be desired. He leaves the crease to handle the puck waaaaaaaaaay more than he should and there was more than one time in just his half game of work on Sunday that his D-men seemed unsure of what he would do with it. If he'd stay in the crease a little more and make better choices about when to play loose pucks, I'm sure I'd feel better about him as our #2. And yes, Leighton was downright hot Sunday.

Nicely Stated!

So you're saying Kaberle is the type of guy to slack off during his contract and only work hard during a contract year? Pretty harsh accusation. I'm gonna say you don't know what you're talking about, though, given that you say JR "gave him a pile of money." $2.2 million a year for what he does is a steal, especially compared to what defensemen are getting now.

So it is a steal to pay someone $2.2 million to do nothing is it. I am happy you are not the GM. In comparison Patrice Brisebois whom I consider to be a similar type player just signed with Montreal for $1 million. I don't want to fight about this, we will just have to wait and see how Kaberle performs.

TO those that aren't Jason Williams fans, why? I think he is a talented player, don't know him personally but met his father a few times.

2 years ago we went to Buffalo for the games in the eastern conference finals. We met Jason's father and a group of his friends on the way in the arena as a bunch of Buffalo fans started *edited for language* with us. While getting to know them we were invited into the locker room after the game, though we choose not to, as we aren't those type of fans. My point is, the apple doesn't fall from the tree, and his father sure seemed like a good man/person.

TO those that aren't Jason Williams fans, why? I think he is a talented player, don't know him personally but met his father a few times.

2 years ago we went to Buffalo for the games in the eastern conference finals. We met Jason's father and a group of his friends on the way in the arena as a bunch of Buffalo fans started *edited for language* with us. While getting to know them we were invited into the locker room after the game, though we choose not to, as we aren't those type of fans. My point is, the apple doesn't fall from the tree, and his father sure seemed like a good man/person.

Jason Williams plays for the blackhawks. Justin Williams (no relation) is the guy on our team.