The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac11

Hurricanes Figurines..

Please someone send your figurine to this dude so this will stop!

It's just a figurine...steal it from your kid or something.

Yeah!! That's a classy thing to do!

When i got home last night to look at mine, i opened it and on the right hand, the fingers had broken off!!! :o Luckily i found them in the packaging and can hopefully glue them back on. At least they all broke off together....thats a good thing i guess??? Anybody else notice this on theirs?

These are the same people that put out the Chad LaRose statue for the Everblades last year. I had to buy 3 of them online to finally get one that didn't have a hand or fingers missing. In case people don't believe me, here is the image.

We will have a complete set after all of them are given out this year, and one of the few with a LaRose statue, not that I'm thrilled to have it. My wife is the LaRose fan. I have my own opinions.

These are the same people that put out the Chad LaRose statue for the Everblades last year. I had to buy 3 of them online to finally get one that didn't have a hand or fingers missing. In case people don't believe me, here is the image.

We will have a complete set after all of them are given out this year, and one of the few with a LaRose statue, not that I'm thrilled to have it. My wife is the LaRose fan. I have my own opinions.

That's cool

Thankfully all of Roddy's fingers were ok on ours

That's cool

Thankfully all of Roddy's fingers were ok on ours

Let me point out that the pedestal does say Florida Everblades Alumnus on LaRose instead of Carolina Hurricanes or whatever the base says (I haven't looked at mine. It is going to a huge Brind'Amour fan and my wife is keeping her's). Someone will be very happy at Christmas to see Brindy under their "Family Tree." (If you didn't hear about it, Lowes toyed with calling their Christmas Trees "Family Trees" to be more PC.)

I also figured out if you can't click on the link for the image up above to view, just right click and save.

Admittedly, that is not our picture. I just found it online. I wish I had giant fern growing outside in my yard. That would mean it is probably very nice outside even in January.

Let me point out that the pedestal does say Florida Everblades Alumnus on LaRose instead of Carolina Hurricanes or whatever the base says (I haven't looked at mine. It is going to a huge Brind'Amour fan and my wife is keeping her's). Someone will be very happy at Christmas to see Brindy under their "Family Tree." (If you didn't hear about it, Lowes toyed with calling their Christmas Trees "Family Trees" to be more PC.)

I also figured out if you can't click on the link for the image up above to view, just right click and save.

Admittedly, that is not our picture. I just found it online. I wish I had giant fern growing outside in my yard. That would mean it is probably very nice outside even in January.

Still cool... I'd love to have one of those. A very nice looking pic

I was giving these figurinesaway at the door (Slow West, you might have seen me!), and our strict rules including only one figurine per person no matter how many dying kids at the hospital they had, and no matter how much they pay a year for tickets.

If you saw someone with 4 or 5 they were probably carrying them for their children/spouse/relatives/friends whatever.

Just letting you guys know, and they're very special, only 10,000 of them =)

When i got home last night to look at mine, i opened it and on the right hand, the fingers had broken off!!! :o Luckily i found them in the packaging and can hopefully glue them back on. At least they all broke off together....thats a good thing i guess??? Anybody else notice this on theirs?

Maybe Commodore did it. :blink:

Did anyone on here get figure number 1? Or any other really low number?

I got 4797

Actually, I was alone last night. If my daughter had gone with me and got one I'd be more than happy to GIVE it to someone who didn't go. 1 is enough for my house and since it was a free handout I wouldn't expect payment for it. For those that put it on ebay, shame on you, if you didn't need it or want it you should have left it for the 10,001 fan that just couldn't get there sooner.

if you didn't need it or want it you should have left it for the 10,001 fan that just couldn't get there sooner.

That'swhat I did in Atlanta when they had a Lehtonen giveaway last year. What did a Canes fan like me need with a Thrashers' figurine? For some reason, the dude giving them out at the door didn't understand that rationale and kept offering it to me, so I finally just turned and walked away.

i got #244, VIP parking and getting there at 5:30, wanted to make sure I got one. I doubt the first 10 ever saw the door, I would expect a few of the higher ups within to get those.

Got 1 with a number in the 1000s, don't remeber what exactly though. Interestingly the other one we got doesn't have a number. It doesn't look like Brindy at all, but its still pretty cool. Thought that Veramyst logo looked dumb there so I painted over it.

I went with my 2 little guys and my mom, so we got 4. we only need 1 - so I plan to sell my 3 once the dust settles a bit. we're about to do a cross country move (to hell-A) and the last thing we need is extra stuff to pack (I'm selling all my baby's stuff that he no longer needs too) we're short on cash and long on stuff. I don't see the problem with it -- it's marketing 101 - I have something you want, you have something I need -- let's trade. Whether it's in kind or tender. We went that night specifically because my son adores brind'amour, and made sure we were early -- I had no idea we'd get 4! Why are people so upset about people selling a "collectible" is what I don't get ?