The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
marmiste

Canes Corner

Didn't know about the event? Is it going to be held weekly at the same place or move around as do the Cool Bar events

It is advertised as a regular thing. Here's the link from the Canes on it: http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=340173' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=340173[/post]. They list the calendar/schedule with the places they will be. I think you can get directions to each week's location, if you click the link in the article. Hope to see ya there sometime!

I was there. Enjoyable night. Gave me a reason to leave work early. Sponsored by Heineken so I drank 3 Heineken Lights they had on special. The Heineken reps (local distributor I guess) were there and gave out T-shirts and bottle openers to a few people in the bar (and free Heiny Lights). RBC was there and I took a phamplet as I may change banks.

Without the 3 sponsors (Heineken, Tapp Room Restaurants, RBC) this would not happen.

I thought it was great and very much looked like the college coaching shows (and the Panthers follow the same model). Need to support this and listen to this and it is informative, good for the team, and support the sponsors.

Ok, help me! I'm confused. :huh:

I thought the show was Tuesday nights, not Mondays-- but it seems as if it was last night- monday. Then, on wral's website (as of 4:20 pm) they are saying that it is tonight.

Is it, or was it yesterday??

Thanks

Just thought I'd share about tonight's scheduled Canes Corner. I heard on the radio this morning- after the interview with Ron Francis, Tim Gleason will be the featured guest with Maniscalco tonight. They'll be out in Holly Springs at the Bass Lake Draft House from 6-7pm. If you head out there tonight, please post how you think it went. (I'm just curious- we won't be going tonight due to a PTA meeting and Christmas play practice.)

I went to the Draft House with my daughter tonight, it was fun. Tim is funny. I am glad we went.
I was able to listen to most of the second half hour...and, yeah, Tim was funny. He seemed upbeat and in good spirits.

Canes Corner this week will be on Tuesday at the Falls Tap Room on Falls of Neuse Rd., at the Quail Corners area. This week's featured guest is #61 Cory Stillman. This should be another great evening. Hope to see you there!

Canes Corner this week will be on Tuesday at the Falls Tap Room on Falls of Neuse Rd., at the Quail Corners area. This week's featured guest is #61 Cory Stillman. This should be another great evening. Hope to see you there!

I can make to this one.

Sweet! Be sure to stop by our table to say hello.

:)

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for keeping up the team spirit! Sorry you guys had to see a rough effort last Friday.......I washed my jersey and Saturday turned out better.

Well, Caniac friends, this week's guest on Canes Corner will the awesome #24 Scott Walker. The MacGregor Ale House is hosting this one. Here's the link to find the restaurant- http://www.beerandburgers.com/ - click on the MacGregor location. You should be able to get directions from their site. Next week, they are slated to be at the Village Draft House, which I believe is at Cameron Village.

One helpful hint for fans coming with stuff for an autograph: bring your own sharpie in case there isn't one there. We shouldn't assume the guys travel with a marker for autos all the time.

Well, Caniac friends, this week's guest on Canes Corner will the awesome #24 Scott Walker. ...

One helpful hint for fans coming with stuff for an autograph: bring your own sharpie in case there isn't one there. We shouldn't assume the guys travel with a marker for autos all the time.

We were there for the duration of the event last night. It was my family's first time out to one of these events, even though MacGregor is our home away from home for Saturday night dinner. In summary, we had a blast and will try to attend many more of these.

Walker and his family arrived around 5:45 and were seated in the restaurant area to have dinner. The show was great, they piped in the audio over the speakers in the dining room, and Scotty did autographs during the commercial breaks. He was very gracious and took time for everyone. He didn't have his own Sharpie, so the tip to bring your own was much appreciated.

His kids were cute as a button, and after the show was over he returned to his table to finish his dinner with his family. He seemed like he was having a good time and my kids were really star-struck getting to pose for a picture with him.