The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Hauser

Post Game Analysis - Detroit 12/9

Cam was solid. Gleason and Seids stood out a few times on great defensive plays. A pretty good try overall, even though tanked in the third, I thought the Canes lifted their play in a vain effort to get that third goad. Steam ran out though. Awful decision by Stiller on that turnover pass which was, as mentioned, so strangely similar to Game 5 vs Edmonton.

This may shock some, but though only 2-2 in the last four games, I think the Cane's level of play has been the magical "more consistent". Only awful luck on several wide open nets against Tampa keep it from being a 3-1 stretch.

LaRose needs to be sat, two undisciplined outings in a row from him. Face it Lavi, LaRose is NOT the next coming of Martin St. Louis no matter how many times you put him on the top line!

Agreed. LaRose is the consumate 4th liner. In fact if there were such a thing, he would be an All Star 4th liner. However, this does not make him an average 2nd liner by extension. They are different jobs. Despite him scoring at lower levels of hockey, the guy is just not able to finish the last 15% of a scoring move, despite having ample opportunity to show his stuff.

Ladd should be given an extended chance on the top 3 lines to develop his skills and start to show what we got with that pick. At the least it would increase his trade value, and he won't do any worse there than LaRose. Plus it would allow LaRose to get back to basics, kill penalties, clear the zone, and generally pester the oppostion to death.

I was pleasantly surprised at the Canes overall performance on Sunday but then I was also disappointed with the last three minutes. I thought Cam Ward deserved better but I guess his teammates were running on empty. Anyway, the Red Wings knew they were there.

Does anyone know what Cory Stillman was upset about? And unfortunately I can't remember what period it was.......but at one point he was quite vocal after a shift. I was speculating he was still upset about the whistle not being blown during the Wings first goal.

I may be jumping on the "move LaRose back to the fourth line" bandwagon soon. LOL He really can't finish much. He's good at chasing the puck in the corner and scrapping. However, sometimes he makes me nervous on the PK because he's overly aggressive.

I'd really like to see Tanabe stay on defense. I'm missing something with this move.

And as usual Cam Ward was stellar.

LaRose may not finish much, but it doesn't help that when he does manage to put the puck in the back of the net, it gets waved off for no apparent reason :rolleyes:

I saw that on replay... That call sucked swamp water thru a flavor straw... You would have thought the offical was not going to make the point spread on his book if the goal stood.. :lol: