The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

The Don Cherry/Brett Hull Show

For all those that missed the circus that is Don Cherry:

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

I loved it last night when hull started whining about the kicked in goal and cherry said "like you did against the sabres".

PRICELESS !!!!!! Really gave it to the League and NBC in spades. when I come back as the Ruler of All, the Instigator penalty is at the top of my kill list.. but then I'll wreak some havoc by sending the slugs to Hartford and Pronger to Siberia.

What a great interview. I will bet that the guys in the broadcast booth and truck were whooping it up off mic's. hee hee !!!!

Probably a fair assumption that Cherry will not be invited back by NBC to do another show.

Personally, I enjoyed his appearance. Made intermission worth watching for once.

I thought Don Cherry was funny. And how about that suit? As for Mr. Hull. Someone should have given him a hankerchief for he seemed to drool at every comment Don made.

That suit was tame for Cherry. I hope NBC has him back on and he really brings it next time! :lol:

2006-11-19-cherry.jpg

He should wear the terry cloth robe and the orange afro wig that he wore last playoffs. He never looked better. ;)

Why did he do that again? Oh yeah... :lol:

Hey kids!!!!

lol it feels like forever since i've been on here. ya'll missed me, didn't ya? haha

Anyways, i'm SO glad i live in Buffalo. I get to watch Grapes and his crazy suits every Saturday and throughout the playoffs. He's awesome, even if he is a Leaf fan. :)

Well welcome back, stranger! :P:)

You all can keep Grapes up there w/ you.... really... his clothes give me migraines.

Anyone thing we can convince Hull to go w/ him ??

Don Cherry - ha, what a joke! He is still the same idiot from his Boston days.

Hull? Oh yeah, he dropped the gloves - right! What a wuss.

Two blowhards reconstructing the truth about the old NHL. You see, there was a classy and rugged NHL well before the "old NHL" of their memories...and that my friends is what needs to be resurrected.

Sorry, but with all the non-North American players that make this modern game interesting, I'd hate to see the return of goons gone wild.

The funniest thing about last night's "commentary" was Mr. Hull's whining about bad calls. He's the LAST person on the planet that can say anything about bad calls. :rolleyes:

Amen, Manwolf !

(wow, that Don Cherry outfit.... I'm still seeing it in my brain! Is he from some foreign government come to mesmerize us and plant ideas in our subconsciouses????) If all his suits are like this I would have to start drinking the kool-aide just to establish a proportionate chemical barrier to the assault!)

And yes... all this grousing about American audiences wrecking hockey as if we're all a bunch of Quakers down here waving feather pillows. They did make valid comments about the equipment though. There is a lot of talk being made about those hard plastics actually causing more injuries than they are preventing. I know that there is research being done on soft padding to take the place of it. As it is, the guys are becoming gladiators and those plastic shielded pads are brutal weapons and cause significant soft tissue injuries, not to mention the fractures and breaks.

Kill the instigator rule and let the enforcers mete out the punishments when guys go over the line. Let the skill players be skill players and the strength and deterrance players do their thing. It will all work out. Oz has spoken. And in less than 4 bandwidth, dammit!

I thought Don Cherry was funny. And how about that suit? As for Mr. Hull. Someone should have given him a hankerchief for he seemed to drool at every comment Don made.

No kidding, Hull was kissing Cherry's butt!! While nauseating, it was interesting to see, because usually Hull rides roughshod on Bill and Ray. Maybe NBC won't bring his pompous butt back next year.

hahahaha...the suit last night was so tame for him...

I really enjoyed Don last night. I don't agree with everything he says all the time, but he can actually have some valid points at times (especially about the equipment) and he just plain makes me laugh. That's more than Hull can ever do for me...

I dunno what to think of the guy. I've heard great things about him, yet he opens up his section on NBC by bashing American fans. Not exactly the best way to win us over.

That, and the fact that Hull just repeated whatever he said made me turn to a different channel.

Just cause this picture was so funny from the other thread....I thought it should also go here

don-cherry-awesome-as-always-240.jpg

Just cause this picture was so funny from the other thread....I thought it should also go here

Kudos for the pimp suit! :lol:

I think you either love him or hate him. He's a loud guy who says what he thinks regardless.

I don't love everything about him, but you can bet that I still try not to miss Coach's Corner every Saturday. With Grapes you take the good with the bad...he's a proud Canadian, a proud English Canadian, and says things that can get him in trouble sometimes - big trouble. But what I do like about him is that he's incredibly passionate about hockey and isn't afraid to show it. He just loves the game and the people who play it. He loves talking to kids before the games, and shows photos in memory of kids who have passed away recently from illnesses/accidents. He also has tons of tributes to Canadian soldiers who have been killed, or just shows photos of troups overseas.

He can be too much at times and has definitely said things that make you go "Wow, who could say something like that?" but when it comes down it, I personally think he's an entertaining guy.

I'm American and I loved that he said that last night....mainly because I kind of agree and thought it was hilarious because I dislike NBC's broadcast. And I've been watching HNIC my whole life, so I guess I expected it.

yea, why can't Hull admit that his cup winning goal illegal. Honestly, there is no onus on him, he knows its illegal. Its not like fans will start calling him a cheater, it was stupid rule and it was the NHL's job to check if it was a legit goal and they look liek idiots in the end not Hull. Glad Cherry brought it up after Hull argued the alfredsson goal, caus eif hull calls his goal legal, then he is pretty damn biased.

I think you either love him or hate him. He's a loud guy who says what he thinks regardless.

I don't love everything about him, but you can bet that I still try not to miss Coach's Corner every Saturday. With Grapes you take the good with the bad...he's a proud Canadian, a proud English Canadian, and says things that can get him in trouble sometimes - big trouble. But what I do like about him is that he's incredibly passionate about hockey and isn't afraid to show it. He just loves the game and the people who play it. He loves talking to kids before the games, and shows photos in memory of kids who have passed away recently from illnesses/accidents. He also has tons of tributes to Canadian soldiers who have been killed, or just shows photos of troups overseas.

He can be too much at times and has definitely said things that make you go "Wow, who could say something like that?" but when it comes down it, I personally think he's an entertaining guy.

I'm American and I loved that he said that last night....mainly because I kind of agree and thought it was hilarious because I dislike NBC's broadcast. And I've been watching HNIC my whole life, so I guess I expected it.

That's nice, boonie. You can still keep him up there though.

I don't even know why they would have him on, they knew he would just say stuff like that. If they want a good "ambassador" from the Canadian hockey world, they should have just had Ron MacLean on or something. Granted, he's not "crazy" and isn't necessarily an attention grabbing person, but he's much more likeable.