The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
caniacmaniacm

where do the other teams stay when they come to raleigh???

I believe they stay at the hotel in the North Hills complex.  My brain is having an "old man" today and refuses to pull the name

Hello Colliefan, the hotel in the North Hills complex is the Renaissance Hotel, which in the article state that the Pens don't stay there. I don't know how true the article is to that but it was date December 2012.

Is it possible that the Pens stay in a hotel in Cary or at Embassy Suites (across Crabtree Valley Mall)

don't think they would stay at such a plebeian place such as the Embassy Suites.  Believe there is a five-star hotel in Cary called the Umstead  where they are more likely to stay

don't think they would stay at such a plebeian place such as the Embassy Suites.  Believe there is a five-star hotel in Cary called the Umstead  where they are more likely to stay

That's what I thought as well. I'll do more research on the Cary hotel because I did read that 2 teams stay there.

All visiting teams stay at the hotel in North Hills. They have an exclusive NHL contract. 

Thank you BigKahuna, I did find that same info as well except I've read twice that The Penguins don't stay there and may stay at a hotel in Cary.

If you are looking for autographs the Renaissance has an area just across from the gym where they ask fans to gather.  Most of them are there when the team returns from its morning skate

Nah, most of em stay at the Renaissance at north hills.   I thought everyone knew they stayed their.  Ask the servers at those restaurants and they will tell you they feed the out of town teams all the time because most of them stay there.

Edited by danimal-ch1

Nah, most of em stay at the Renaissance at north hills.   I thought everyone knew they stayed their.  Ask the servers at those restaurants and they will tell you they feed the out of town teams all the time because most of them stay there.

Was there for dinner the night before a game with the Capitals last year, and almost the entire Caps team came in to eat while we were there.  One big table with Ovi, Green, and some of the rest, and then a smaller table next to that one with a couple of the coaches and players.  Semin was at that smaller table.  I was there for a "girls night out" and they were all laughing at me because I was watching the hockey players and not participating in the conversation.  :rofl:

Of course, I think I was probably the *only* customer in the place who recognized who they were, too.

Thank you for all the replies and information! I appreciate it! :thumbsup:

I do have one last question:

Is it possible to get autographs from the visiting team outside of PNC Arena?

If I recall correctly, all but one or two teams stays at the Renaissance. I've run in to players several times (I work out at the gym next door)...most recently was last season when the Kings were in town. They're easy to spot...just look for the really big men in really nice suits.