The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Williams Injury

It was a pretty dirty play that knocked him out... Panthers player clips him that causes him to extend his led, then the other Panthers player just drops with all his weight falling on the knee

that was pretty bad and pretty bush-league, but of course its not gonna get called (and it didn't get called)... Whatever, those guys have a history of taking runs at our players, so its not like I'm surprised it happened

If he's out for a month or whatever, Lavi better not use the same lines he sued tonight. walker doesn't fit in with Roddy at all. Some one on the team has to step up and take Williams spot, but I think taking Walker off the 3rd line with Cullen will hurt both players.

Maybe this is a time for Ladd to step up. But I just think this will be a two-line hockey team in Walker is taken off the 3rd line.

I hope he manages to have a nice christmas despite the pain he will inevitably be in. Get better soon!!!!! What a dirty play, and no penalty call or penalty shot, an no panther suspended ? *edit* is up with that ?

I hope he manages to have a nice christmas despite the pain he will inevitably be in. Get better soon!!!!! What a dirty play, and no penalty call or penalty shot, an no panther suspended ? *edit* is up with that ?

We'll have to wait a day or so to find out about any possible suspensions, but I can't imagine there being any.

Poor Willie. :(

With Tanabe, and Larose out are we going to have to call someone up from Albany for the next game while Adams is still suspended?

I sure hope Justin makes a quick recovery

Thought I heard John and Tripp say that we have to wait until after Christmas to call someone up due to the roster freeze.

Thought I heard John and Tripp say that we have to wait until after Christmas to call someone up due to the roster freeze.

nope, you can recall guys from Albany on emergency basis... and this is what we have on hands.... emergency.

I think Aucoin will be called up.

You can call someone up for emergency reasons like injury during the freeze.

Edit: DMonk beat me to it,LOL

You can call someone up for emergency reasons like injury during the freeze.

Edit: DMonk beat me to it,LOL

I was skating and fell on ice and hurt my knee last year... It took me three months to heal completely. I am not an athlete and those guys heal much faster.... I still think it might be a month or so, just based on the way it looked.

I am sure Luke will post something in his blog tomorrow.

Anyone got a YouTube link of the play? I didn't get home till the 2nd period. I hope Willie's ok :( AND I ALSO HOPE THE LEAGUE REVIEWS THE PLAY. Some of you make it sound like intent to injure.

Anyone got a YouTube link of the play? I didn't get home till the 2nd period. I hope Willie's ok :( AND I ALSO HOPE THE LEAGUE REVIEWS THE PLAY. Some of you make it sound like intent to injure.

No penalty, no review. Just like LaRose's injury on Tuesday.

After his injury I just was not into the game as I normally am. Was really hoping to hear something this morning since I had a hard time sleeping last night and my golden retriever kicked me out of my bed about 30 mins ago. (glad I kept it warm for him).

I hope it's not as serious as it looked. The replay they showed over and over made me feel like I was in pain. He really was hurting and I do hope the league takes a look at the play. I know he will be back on the ice ASAP but in the meantime, I hope he does not push himself too hard and uses the time to recover.

Forslund said this morning that it is likely ligament damage and Williams is out for the year, though he quickly added it hasn't been officially confirmed.

That hit did warrant an obstruction or hooking penalty but it wasn't dirty, just a very unfortunate outcome.

Forslund said this morning that it is likely ligament damage and Williams is out for the year, though he quickly added it hasn't been officially confirmed.

That hit did warrant an obstruction or hooking penalty but it wasn't dirty, just a very unfortunate outcome.

Ugh :(

Ugh :(

Yeah, my husband called me this morning and said he heard on the radio that he would be out the remaining of the season with a torn knee ligament. He didn't hear that it wasn't confirmed yet so I guess it's a wait and see. I know Williams can't be happy about this.

Yeah, my husband called me this morning and said he heard on the radio that he would be out the remaining of the season with a torn knee ligament. He didn't hear that it wasn't confirmed yet so I guess it's a wait and see. I know Williams can't be happy about this.

If that's the case, we need to start looking at a trade. I think it is time for Kaberle to step-up or ship-out. I am not impressed with his play and can afford to lose him for a possible offenseman. I sure hope that JR and Lavi or looking to do something. Our team is in a bad low right now and we need someone to mix things up.

If we did trade, who would you want to get that is a reasonable trade? I would like to see Bayda come back. He is doing really well with the Wild! Though bringing back a player that has already been here may not be the answer.

If that's the case, we need to start looking at a trade. I think it is time for Kaberle to step-up or ship-out. I am not impressed with his play and can afford to lose him for a possible offenseman. I sure hope that JR and Lavi or looking to do something. Our team is in a bad low right now and we need someone to mix things up.

If we did trade, who would you want to get that is a reasonable trade? I would like to see Bayda come back. He is doing really well with the Wild! Though bringing back a player that has already been here may not be the answer.

Yeah, right.... the best you can get for Kaberle would be a marginal 4th liner, we have those already.

We won't trade for offense, not now. We have a good depth. Ladd will have to step in. Even with Williams out, defense and goaltending is still MUCH BIGGER issue.

Besides, trades are almost impossible to pull in NHL this year. There are not going to be many trades around NHL until deadline.

What Bayda are you talking about? The only Bayda i know is playing in Albany not Wild. :blink: