The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Williams Injury

Forslund said this morning that it is likely ligament damage and Williams is out for the year, though he quickly added it hasn't been officially confirmed.

So it is the same as before, if that's true. Well, if the 'Canes can make it into the playoffs, he might be back for that.

We won't trade for offense, not now. We have a good depth. Ladd will have to step in. Even with Williams out, defense and goaltending is still MUCH BIGGER issue.

Besides, trades are almost impossible to pull in NHL this year. There are not going to be many trades around NHL until deadline.

What Bayda are you talking about? The only Bayda i know is playing in Albany not Wild. :blink:

I agree that the issue is clearly on D. The simple facts are that the Canes are bottom 3 in goals againstT, cellar-dwelling on the PK, and in the top 3 in goals scored.

The tricky part though is that to get value on D you will have to deplete the forward depth and/or take on more salary than anticipated.

I think the other poster was talking about Belanger. No thanks.

Losing Williams is huge. Not only does it take out a guy who who shows up most nights consistently (yes I know he hasn't exactly been tearing up the points), but it creates a huge void on the Brindy line. Brindy has had a sluggish season at times and Im not sure how this will effect his game. I'll be optimistic here and hope that maybe a fresh new line mate will help to re-ignite Brindy more consistently.

No, Im not calling out the Captain here, just pondering about how losing Williams effects the whole team.

Losing Williams is huge. Not only does it take out a guy who who shows up most nights consistently (yes I know he hasn't exactly been tearing up the points), but it creates a huge void on the Brindy line. Brindy has had a sluggish season at times and Im not sure how this will effect his game. I'll be optimistic here and hope that maybe a fresh new line mate will help to re-ignite Brindy more consistently.

No, Im not calling out the Captain here, just pondering about how losing Williams effects the whole team.

I agree that the issue is clearly on D. The simple facts are that the Canes are bottom 3 in goals againstT, cellar-dwelling on the PK, and in the top 3 in goals scored.

The tricky part though is that to get value on D you will have to deplete the forward depth and/or take on more salary than anticipated.

I think the other poster was talking about Belanger. No thanks.

OK, I had a Brain-fart! I would not wany Belanger back, for sure! I just think it's time for us to make a move and shake things up. Maybe everyone is feeling TOO comfortable right now and we need to get the message out that this is a professional team. If you don't produce, your out!

I like all the 'Canes and would love to see them all start producing but I doubt that would happen and "business is business". Right?

It will definitely weaken the team as a whole, but it still will have a lot of talent. We all know Williams is great both offensively and defensively, especially on PK.

Let's wait for the official news on his condition... I don't want to speculate too much until we know what to expect.

Well even if JR wanted to, he can't make any trades until after the Freeze deadline, which is December 27. So someone from Albany is going to get a chance of a lifetime.

If I was Lavi, my Top 2 Lines would be:

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Stillman-Brind'Amour-Ladd

Its time to give Ladd the minutes and a chance.

As for the Albany call up, no offesne to Aucoin, but we have enough 4th liners. We need a guy that can step into a Top 9 role and possibly the 2nd line if Ladd isn't working out there.

I haven't followed Albany too much, but I would like to see either Brandon Nolan or Bobby Hughes get a chance with the big boys.

And get well Willie we will miss you until you are able to return but don't rush it.

Stillman needs to give Williams some of his mojo! Until the team actually says he's done and he goes under the knife no one knows. Everyone said Stillmans injury looked this bad...look what happened.

Stillman needs to give Williams some of his mojo! Until the team actually says he's done and he goes under the knife no one knows. Everyone said Stillmans injury looked this bad...look what happened.

I'm not saying Williams is out for the season, but he definetly is not having a miraculous recovery like Stillman. Williams knee is all swollen and it was bad enough for him not to travel with the team to Tampa. Instead they are putting him on the first flight this morning to come back to Raleigh.

Well even if JR wanted to, he can't make any trades until after the Freeze deadline, which is December 27. So someone from Albany is going to get a chance of a lifetime.

If I was Lavi, my Top 2 Lines would be:

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Stillman-Brind'Amour-Ladd

dude you have to move cullen to the top 6 with out a doubt!

This is Ladd's time to shine.

As for Cullen being moved up, who'd take his place centering the third line? He and Walker have to stay together, they've got way too much chemistry. Hamilton's been nothing but a liability lately (except in the shootout), and Letowski's not scoring. If we keep them together, move Ladd up, and bring up a guy like Hughes or Nolan, we've still got a very solid top nine. I just hope Lavi doesn't try moving Rosie up to one of the top two lines. He didn't produce last time, and he ended up taking lots of lazy penalties.

It was a pretty dirty play that knocked him out... Panthers player clips him that causes him to extend his led, then the other Panthers player just drops with all his weight falling on the knee

that was pretty bad and pretty bush-league, but of course its not gonna get called (and it didn't get called)... Whatever, those guys have a history of taking runs at our players, so its not like I'm surprised it happened

If Brad Watson had been refing, Williams probably would have gotten two minutes for diving!

This is Ladd's time to shine.

As for Cullen being moved up, who'd take his place centering the third line? He and Walker have to stay together, they've got way too much chemistry. Hamilton's been nothing but a liability lately (except in the shootout), and Letowski's not scoring. If we keep them together, move Ladd up, and bring up a guy like Hughes or Nolan, we've still got a very solid top nine. I just hope Lavi doesn't try moving Rosie up to one of the top two lines. He didn't produce last time, and he ended up taking lots of lazy penalties.

walker can center it. and yeah walker and cullen have a lot of chemistry but so do cullen and whitney! we are going to have to juggle the lines more than just puttin ladd in willies spot b.c that is just not going to work. ladd is just not a top 6 forward right now. yeah i know give him a chance. but sorry nows not the time we are only 3pts ahead in the divsion and we can "staal" :) anylonger.

cullen-staal-cole

whitney-brindy-stiller

Just as a little FYI for everyone...whoever the callup from Albany will be...they will only be here until Rosey gets back because we will then have 12 forwards still.

walker can center it. and yeah walker and cullen have a lot of chemistry but so do cullen and whitney! we are going to have to juggle the lines more than just puttin ladd in willies spot b.c that is just not going to work. ladd is just not a top 6 forward right now. yeah i know give him a chance. but sorry nows not the time we are only 3pts ahead in the divsion and we can "staal" :) anylonger.

cullen-staal-cole

whitney-brindy-stiller

Walker is not a center and not an option there. If Cullen is moved up, your choices are Hamilton or Letowski.

OK, back to the topic at hand....the WILLIAMS INJURY,

I havent been able to watch the game yet, but I am going to in a few minutes on the rebroadcast on FSN. I am hoping to see this injury happen. It sounds bad, and Id like to get an eye for what happened. And if he is out for the rest of the season, well, so be it. I just hope he will come back whenever he does and start scoring right away.

but willie will be on IR so he wont count as being on our roster

good point. so we HAVE to bring someone up at least for a game or 2. i agree with the others, I want to see someone other than Aucoin, even though he is a good scorer. I think someone else needs a chance.

good point. so we HAVE to bring someone up at least for a game or 2. i agree with the others, I want to see someone other than Aucoin, even though he is a good scorer. I think someone else needs a chance.

jerome sampson needs a chance. he has been doing great with the rats this year, hes a rookie, and hasnt had a chance to shine in the nhl yet. who knows he might turn out awesome!

jerome sampson needs a chance. he has been doing great with the rats this year, hes a rookie, and hasnt had a chance to shine in the nhl yet. who knows he might turn out awesome!

there are a few guys who probably have earned a chance, but we all know in the end, Aucoin will be up since Bayda is still hurt.

Personally, I think we are juggleing the lines too much! How can anyone get chemistry with people they only play with one time? It could just be the team they were playing or an off night. The next game they could shine together.

To get the chemistry, I say make them eat together, ride together, sit together in the locker room, practice together and let them to it alone. Give them 1hr a day let them figure out there best strategy. The may find crashing the net is better for them than setting up from behind the goal. Who knows better than themselves?

And again, I say STOP dumping the puck so much! Yes we are a fast team but everyone knows we do it so they expect it. By the time we dump it in now, the other team is already upon it and making their move. Occassionally is fine, but not always!