The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Williams Injury

OH PLEASE STOP DUMPING THE PUCK!!! At the end of the game last night we could have had a chance to tie the game, but all we did was just dump it, and so FLA just picked it out of the corner, and sent it back down. why cant the guys stop the dump and chase? if we wanted a chance to win last night, we had no chance dumping and chasing.

Yeah I'm also tired of the dumping the puck constatly. I understand when you're doing a line change and need to get it out of the zone but at other times you're not going to score if you dump it and leave it there for the opposing team.

We played well in the first period but after Williams went out we lost our 2 goal lead.

dude you have to move cullen to the top 6 with out a doubt!

Then who centers the 3rd?

I'm all about giving Cullen more minutes, but we also need to keep our 3rd line strong. Moving Cullen off the 3rd line actually weakens it. This team needs to have 3 scoring lines, not 1 or 2, but 3.

Also keep in mind, that Cullen doesn't do as well playing wing. He played wing a couple games 2 years ago, and wasn't doing that great. They finally put him back at center for Game 7 and he played his best game.

IMHO, Cullen needs to stay and center that 3rd line as much as I like the guy, we can't afford to weaken that line.

Brandon Nolan is recalled from Albany.

I am glad they give someone else a chance

Larose is put on IR

Where did you see this, I can't find it anywhere.

I'm really glad he got the call. I was hoping it would be him or Hughes.

Where did you see this, I can't find it anywhere.

I'm really glad he got the call. I was hoping it would be him or Hughes.

It's on HF boards also got an e-mail from a friend.

Brandon Nolan is recalled from Albany.

I am glad they give someone else a chance

Nolan is a knock-about minor leaguer so, yes, it's good to see him get an opportunity. For his sake, I hope it lasts until New Year's Eve so he can play against his dad's team. That would be a great scene.

Still no official word on Williams but I think Forslund got it right this morning. Williams knows what it feels like to have ligament damage and he said it wasn't good. It will make for some interesting decisions on the PK. I don't think he was particularly good there but I'm afraid it means more PK by committee which hasn't worked.

Nolan is a knock-about minor leaguer so, yes, it's good to see him get an opportunity. For his sake, I hope it lasts until New Year's Eve so he can play against his dad's team. That would be a great scene.

wait.....so Brandon is Owen Nolan's son?

I think that William's injury (when confirmed), and LaRose also being put on the IR will finally force JR's hand to make a move. The hockey gods have spoken once again for some decisive, not wait and see action......thankfully.

I think that William's injury (when confirmed), and LaRose also being put on the IR will finally force JR's hand to make a move. The hockey gods have spoken once again for some decisive, not wait and see action......thankfully.

What we need most right now is solid goaltending. Then a top defenseman. But can we really afford to trade a top forward with Williams out? It's a bit of a dilema. Until the goaltending comes around it will all be mute.

What we need most right now is solid goaltending. Then a top defenseman. But can we really afford to trade a top forward with Williams out? It's a bit of a dilema. Until the goaltending comes around it will all be mute.

I definately agree with you, solid goaltending can cover other problems nicely.

I definately agree with you, solid goaltending can cover other problems nicely.

to be quite honest, as much as I would hate a move on offense, i think this is a great idea. with our situation, we are starting to look like Buffalo a few seasons ago, and I dont want to make an excuse about how we play based on injuries, like they did. So after the 27th, lets make some sort of move.

With Brandon Nolan coming up I think it is a sign that Williams is questionable for a while now...

ALBANY, NY

With Brandon Nolan coming up I think it is a sign that Williams is questionable for a while now...

ALBANY, NY

I think the Canes will have to turn themselves into a two line team. You can't replace Williams and his two-way play on this roster, that is a fact.

I hate to say it but maybe moving Cullen to the wing is probably the best option. I like Walker and all but I don't know if he can handle the minutes, plus I don't think he looked too good on that line last game.

I wouldn't stick Ladd there either, cause being only 3 points up in the Southeast , we have little time to experiment with him again. He did score last game, but I wouldn't say he made a huge impact or anything, the puck deflected off him in front of the net.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that right wing Justin Williams will have reconstructive knee surgery after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during the first period of Thursday night's game against the Florida Panthers. The surgery will be scheduled next week, and Williams is expected to be out of action for four to six months. :angry: