The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Williams Injury

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that right wing Justin Williams will have reconstructive knee surgery after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during the first period of Thursday night's game against the Florida Panthers. The surgery will be scheduled next week, and Williams is expected to be out of action for four to six months. :angry:

Whoa, that's pretty awful. I feel bad for him.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League's Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that right wing Justin Williams will have reconstructive knee surgery after suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his left knee during the first period of Thursday night's game against the Florida Panthers. The surgery will be scheduled next week, and Williams is expected to be out of action for four to six months. :angry:

Whoa, that's pretty awful. I feel bad for him.

Poor Justin!! That really sucks. That puts him out of action all season and any playoffs pretty much. :(

That is definitely NOT "hot like Heatley"!!

Once again, a dangerous play leaves our players injured. And once again, since there was no penalty on the play (despite the hit coming after the whistle had blown), it won't get reviewed by the League.

THis stinks! I couldn't see the game(no cable), but did it really appear to be a penalty type of play? If so what's going on with the refs and who is paying these guys! I sure hope Justin heals quickly. I know he will be missed, especially by his newest fan ( a friend of mine).

F the freakin kitty cats, i officially hate them even more than i did before. Cheap shot play that took my boy out for the rest of the year.

I'm on the first flight to Sunrise and officially kicking some kitty cat butt.

We have what we have... :(

At this moment.... I just want him to recover completely, whatever time it takes. I'd hate to see any complications... Let it cost him this entire season, for as long as he is back next year in the same shape he was before this freak accident.

F the freakin kitty cats, i officially hate them even more than i did before. Cheap shot play that took my boy out for the rest of the year.

Stop by and pick me up. :P I'll be more than happy to go with you. :angry:

After their comments about the game, I'm tempted to join you two. They'll complain about Staal's "dive" all they want, but mention the Williams injury and it's all "It was a fair play", "This isn't about that", or "It was before the whistle blew". <_<

Ooh, please let me jump on the plane with you!! I am so past due to kick some butts and I would love to kick some Panther butts for our guys! :lol:

yeah this is bad for justin. but i think we will get through it. all it means is that somebody has to step up now. and i think our team will answer the challenge.

best wishes to justin gettin better

Really bad for Williams since his livelyhood depends on his ACL, probably the most important ligament for a hockey player. When the ACL tears, it makes a popping noise and I'm sure thats why he knew right away it was bad. We'll survive, but his career now rests on the surgeon and his rehab.

yeah this is bad for justin. but i think we will get through it. all it means is that somebody has to step up now. and i think our team will answer the challenge.

best wishes to justin gettin better

Really bad for Williams since his livelyhood depends on his ACL, probably the most important ligament for a hockey player. When the ACL tears, it makes a popping noise and I'm sure thats why he knew right away it was bad. We'll survive, but his career now rests on the surgeon and his rehab.

Terrible to hear and ACL rehabs always take time before you can get back to full-strength. But he has experience with this type of injury (plus an MCL at the same time) and coming back earlier than projections.

As for the comments about a cheap and/or dirty hit that caused it, I understand the frustration but it was a continuation play with a terribly unfortunate result. It wasn't a dirty hit.

Hopefully he'll start drinking the water from Stillman's house :D

With any luck he'll be back before the playoffs.

Maybe he'll be that extra spark in the finals like Cole was in '06 when he returned. Wait...we have to get to the playoffs first.

Hopefully he'll start drinking the water from Stillman's house :D

With any luck he'll be back before the playoffs.

Maybe he'll be that extra spark in the finals like Cole was in '06 when he returned. Wait...we have to get to the playoffs first.