The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac59

Any update on Cullen, Ladd or any suspensions?

I talked to Scott Jackson at 99.9 The Fan just before I left work this afternoon. He said that Glen Wesley told him Cullen is being evaluated this afternoon but the Canes don't plan to release any info until tomorrow.

I say 80% chance Orr isn't suspended...the league acts quickly on these things and there hasn't been anything yet...also E.J. Hradek, an NHL insider, said he doubted that a suspension would come. He thought the hit was clean, and so did Barry Melrose of ESPN.com. TSN.com has a poll, and about 58% of the people who have answered it so far thought that there should be a suspension. The biggest thing for me is that the NHL always acts quickly with hits that they think were dirty, and right now it's 7pm and we ain't got nothing. Also bothers me that a good many "experts" think the hit was clean, and blame Cullen for having his head down. No news whatsoever on Avery.

I say 80% chance Orr isn't suspended...the league acts quickly on these things and there hasn't been anything yet...also E.J. Hradek, an NHL insider, said he doubted that a suspension would come. He thought the hit was clean, and so did Barry Melrose of ESPN.com. TSN.com has a poll, and about 58% of the people who have answered it so far thought that there should be a suspension. The biggest thing for me is that the NHL always acts quickly with hits that they think were dirty, and right now it's 7pm and we ain't got nothing. Also bothers me that a good many "experts" think the hit was clean, and blame Cullen for having his head down. No news whatsoever on Avery.

Its amazing how hypocritical the league can be... Cracking down on the hits to the head, but when this happens to a NY team... loud silence comes from the league offices

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/''>http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/' target="_blank">http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/[/post]

No disciplinary action for Avery or Orr.

NHL gets it right. Kudos to them (for once).

A few quotes about the hit.

But please, continue to think it was a deliberate hit to the head.

Ok I'm officially sick and tired of the gloating by the Rangers fans on this board

time to clean house, MODs

How Avery didn't get suspended or fined at the very least is beyond my reason.

Orr I can somewhat understand. He had no business traveling across the ice to make the hit, but there really wasn't much definitive evidence about whether or not the hit was dirty.

Well, thanks for the article. too bad they got it wrong. i was pretty sure that hitting a player after the refs came in to break it up was an automatic suspension. and how many times have we heard the dirty-hit players say they didnt mean to do it, etc....complete Bull. but, once again, the Canes come away from a game with mutiple injuries and no suspensions levied. Funny how we have had, what, 5 or 6 players injured by obviously blatant hits in the last 2 weeks and have not had any suspensions levied against them, yet Walker and Adams got suspensions for plays no where near as bad.

I just read on tsn.ca that Lavi made a statement that Cullen has a broken nose but does not have a concussion. He will have more neuro testing tomorrow and will be listed day to day for now. Hopefully that is good news and he is back soon.

I just read on tsn.ca that Lavi made a statement that Cullen has a broken nose but does not have a concussion. He will have more neuro testing tomorrow and will be listed day to day for now. Hopefully that is good news and he is back soon.

No concussion? That's surprising. Good news, but very surprising.

I'm just posting what is a breaking news story on tsn.ca

Matt Cullen has a broken nose but did not suffer a concussion following the hit by Rangers forward Colton Orr on Wednesday night. Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette said he would have more neuro-psyche tests today to determine if he can play sooner than later. The Hurricanes will list Cullen as day-to-day. - TSN

Matt Cullen has a broken nose but did not suffer a concussion following the hit by Rangers forward Colton Orr on Wednesday night. Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette said he would have more neuro-psyche tests today to determine if he can play sooner than later. The Hurricanes will list Cullen as day-to-day. - TSN

Wow...no concussion? That's a miracle. He was very wobbly and light headed after that hit. He can get a face shield for his nose, we could get him back soon thankfully, very good news.

Good to hear

hope he's on the ice when the Ragheads come to Raleigh in January so he can break a single-game scoring record on them

I gotta say, even though Ladd was injured by a questionable situation, he's really starting to get on my nerves as far as injuries go.

I wouldn't mind a glass player that could put up some points (Gaborik, Havlat), but Ladd's nowhere near their level and just as fragile.

I gotta say, even though Ladd was injured by a questionable situation, he's really starting to get on my nerves as far as injuries go.

I wouldn't mind a glass player that could put up some points (Gaborik, Havlat), but Ladd's nowhere near their level and just as fragile.

he got punched in the freakin face because the refs were holding him. give the guy a break...jeeezzz

he got punched in the freakin face because the refs were holding him. give the guy a break...jeeezzz

Like I said, this situation not apply. But honesly, it seems everytime he gets off an injury, he gets a new one a few games later.