The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mentosman42

The Hit

Two totally different situations. The Ovechkin hit was dirty and deserved a suspension. The hit on Cullen was clean and didn't warrant a suspension, hence the reason there wasn't one handed out. It was very unfortunate that Cullen got hurt, I hate to see players get injured. And while I do understand everyone's anger towards this whole situation, it was not a dirty hit IMO.

The only difference between the two hits is that Orr had his stick in 2 hands in the Ovechkin play and in 1 hand in the Cullen play...

Didn't know fans from other teams weren't allowed to post here. Maybe I should've read the terms of agreement more carefully.

look, like we have told all of your other "friends" from Rags land, no one is telling you you cant post here. we jsut want you to respect that we have our opinion, and it is obviously different than yours. so we are asking you nicely to take it somewhere else (i.e. your own board) as there is no use in beating a dead horse here. we wont change how we think, and neither will you, so why persist?

look, like we have told all of your other "friends" from Rags land, no one is telling you you cant post here. we jsut want you to respect that we have our opinion, and it is obviously different than yours. so we are asking you nicely to take it somewhere else (i.e. your own board) as there is no use in beating a dead horse here. we wont change how we think, and neither will you, so why persist?

Thanks for backing me up. I've been trying to make the point that we really aren't going to change our mind, so why are the Rangers guys being so persistent. Do they want to be right so bad that they are going to spend days trying to convince us? I still say the only reason they are posting is to "poke us with a stick" until we bite back.

Two totally different situations. The Ovechkin hit was dirty and deserved a suspension. The hit on Cullen was clean and didn't warrant a suspension, hence the reason there wasn't one handed out. It was very unfortunate that Cullen got hurt, I hate to see players get injured. And while I do understand everyone's anger towards this whole situation, it was not a dirty hit IMO.

Different situations and different outcomes but the similarity is that Orr is a headhunter and hits high. He wasn't bringing his arms up to protect himself when he laid out Cullen. He uses his arms to forcefully deliver a high blow and the prior incident underscores that style. Forget about the league not suspending him, the officiating and disciplinary process sometimes seem random at best.

Rather than running to the Sens board to say that Walker had just ducked his head and inadvertently head-butted Mike Fisher, the majority of Canes fans called it what it was - a cheapshot and a dirty play and most rejected his lame explanation. To say otherwise would have been disingenuous and homerish. I think that in part is the context within which some of the Ranger fans comments are being taken, i.e., criticize your own players when warranted.

If Commodore hit Drury in the manner Orr hit Cullen, it still would be a dirty play.

Look, I am respecting your opinion as you should respect my opinion. Obviously I had no shot at any respect from you with the word "Rags" in your first sentence.

Look, I am respecting your opinion as you should respect my opinion. Obviously I had no shot at any respect from you with the word "Rags" in your first sentence.

We've always called them that, even when we liked them.

And how the hell do you think that we won't respect you just because we called your team a name? Are you really looking for a reason to flame us that badly?

Mods, I think this thread has run its course and is probably due for a closing. Nothing new's being discussed here, just Rangers fans coming on here telling us the hit's legal, Canes fans saying that we've heard, and the majority of the Rangers fans somehow thinking that we've insulted them by saying we don't need them to tell us about the hit.