The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mentosman42

The Hit

:lol:

Still going, I see... well at least if you're gonna go homerific on us, you're gonna go all out...

I still find it beyond comical how you're claiming Avery was the one wrapped up in the fight... I mean of all the things to argue... wow

he had a ref holding him the entire way to ladd

NO!!!

Look regardless of Orr hitting Cullen from behind the grassy Knoll,

Jagr only takes shootouts when he feels like it? OMG you gotta be kidding me?

Uhmmm lets try this on for size:

"Excuse me Mr. Gordie Howe, we need you for a shootout"(assuming they had them then)

Gordie: "Heya Coach I really dont feel like it tonight, I got a headache from earlier."

NOT!

Lets argue about Orr, but no way can you argue about what Jagr does for the team. I know he lost teeth and heard he kept playing. I still think its because he had heard there was a stat leader for teeth lost in a game and did so selfishly.

I will apologize for sending you guys Malik if you apologize that Jagr is your Captain. :)

done deal?

avery does what he does because he is the most hated man in the league and it helps his team. he is the most important player to the rangers lineup, and that is a fact

Most important Rangers over the years: Messier... Gretzky... Jagr... Avery???? How is that progress? I thought it was cool when the Rangers got Avery but he's turned into such a sideshow freak. No Ranger fan can ever put down Darcy Tucker again now.

:lol:

Still going, I see... well at least if you're gonna go homerific on us, you're gonna go all out...

I still find it beyond comical how you're claiming Avery was the one wrapped up in the fight... I mean of all the things to argue... wow

target="_blank">
[/post]

from 0:35-0:40 shows the ref holding avery until avery punches ladd, then two refs try to hold the two apart

btw, note the cheap shot cam ward takes at avery 9/10 seconds in

NO!!!

"Excuse me Mr. Gordie Howe, we need you for a shootout"(assuming they had them then)

Gordie: "Heya Coach I really dont feel like it tonight, I got a headache from earlier."

NOT!

Lets argue about Orr, but no way can you argue about what Jagr does for the team. I know he lost teeth and heard he kept playing. I still think its because he had heard there was a stat leader for teeth lost in a game and did so selfishly.

I will apologize for sending you guys Malik if you apologize that Jagr is your Captain. :)

you know what?

marcel hossa is our best shootout guy and he is a 4th liner that doesnt score points, jagr throughout his career has never been good at shootouts. when the game is on the line in a shootout im going to send out the guy that has a better shootout record to try and win in the shootout.

but how did this even get on the topic of jagr?

so avery gets a player angry and gets him to beat him up and avery is a wimp, a turtle, but if ladd does it, its a smart play, thats what your saying

your saying if darcy hordichuck went ape**** on ladd last year in a similar way to what he did to avery, ladd would be smart, but avery is a wuss?

avery does what he does because he is the most hated man in the league and it helps his team. he is the most important player to the rangers lineup, and that is a fact

Where did I say Avery was a wimp?? I called him a goon...not a wimp.

If he is the most important player in your lineup and what it takes to have a winning team, I would rather lose. He is a dirty player and a goon..and for my amusement I am posting this video of him

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

He gets a 10 for that dive.

NO!!!

NOT!

last season jagr was not a good captain, but this year, he has stepped up

he doesnt go top 3 in the shootout but when its got later in the round he's willing

this year, he's been playing better defense, believe it or not, he's been backchecking, i know, pretty weird thought right?

he was definetly a leader to dubinsky when he was on the first line with him

Offical NHL.Com description of "The Hit:"

"The game took a nasty turn midway through the period when New York's Colton Orr leveled former Ranger Matt Cullen with a forearm/elbow to the face. Cullen appeared to be momentarily unconscious, falling face-first to the ice while Carolina's Mike Commodore challenged and fought Orr.

Cullen was eventually helped off the ice, clutching a towel to a facial cut.

"I believe he has a broken nose," said Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette. "It's hard to say if he has a concussion. A mild one, maybe. I'm not sure. When you get knocked out like that and your face hits the ice, if you can walk away with just a broken nose, that's a good thing. It's too early to say if he has a concussion or not.""

Where did I say Avery was a wimp?? I called him a goon...not a wimp.

If he is the most important player in your lineup and what it takes to have a winning team, I would rather lose. He is a dirty player and a goon..and for my amusement I am posting this video of him

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

He gets a 10 for that dive.

ha i love that video

im not saying you called him a wimp, but thats the general opinion, you cant argue that

if he was on your team, you would be singing a completely different tune. i thought the same way (cept for the not wanting to win part, thats a lil weird sorry)

he really can win over the crowd, he brings so much energy to the crowd and the teams record is drastically better when avery is in the lineup

It's silly to argue about Avery. He's that player you love when he's on your team and can't stand otherwise. No one is ever going to truly appreciate Avery until he plays on the team they root for.

And anyone who sez, "I would still hate him." is not being realistic.

Offical NHL.Com description of "The Hit:"

"The game took a nasty turn midway through the period when New York's Colton Orr leveled former Ranger Matt Cullen with a forearm/elbow to the face. Cullen appeared to be momentarily unconscious, falling face-first to the ice while Carolina's Mike Commodore challenged and fought Orr.

Cullen was eventually helped off the ice, clutching a towel to a facial cut.

"I believe he has a broken nose," said Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette. "It's hard to say if he has a concussion. A mild one, maybe. I'm not sure. When you get knocked out like that and your face hits the ice, if you can walk away with just a broken nose, that's a good thing. It's too early to say if he has a concussion or not.""

the official NHL reffs also called a hand pass while you were in your own defensive zone, just because they are official does that make them right?

he doesnt go top 3 in the shootout but when its got later in the round he's willing

this year, he's been playing better defense, believe it or not, he's been backchecking, i know, pretty weird thought right?

he was definetly a leader to dubinsky when he was on the first line with him

Its for another post and topic, but he's got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much say over what happens on you guys team imo. But alas I am backsliding.

the official NHL reffs also called a hand pass while you were in your own defensive zone, just because they are official does that make them right?

Hahahah so true so true.

Also for what its worth that early whistle should have never occured.

Hahahah so true so true.

This thread is starting to make me dizzy with all its twists and turns. :blink:

Hahahah so true so true.

This thread is starting to make me dizzy with all its twists and turns. :blink:

Its for another post and topic, but he's got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much say over what happens on you guys team imo. But alas I am backsliding.

lol whatever, another topic for another time

what are we even talking about i forgot lol

You a big Aaron Ward fan? ;)

You guys aren't Giants fans are you ;)

You guys aren't Giants fans are you ;)

for me, its a love hate relationship

like the team, hate pretty much every player and the coach

j-e-t-s jets jets jets...are really bad

Hahaha, yes they are. :)

for me, its a love hate relationship

like the team, hate pretty much every player and the coach

j-e-t-s jets jets jets...are really bad

Hahaha, yes they are. :)

Texas school book despository, grassy knoll, and Orr.

:blink:

By the way, I think Orr and Avery will get a suspension of sorts. Avery not for the first, but for the second swing after the 2nd ref got there. 1 late swing, you get talked to by the Ref and its ok. 2 late swings and the front office feels it needs to back the officals.

Avery is normally the one doing the inciting then being savvy enough to move on, this time he probably should have cooled the last few swings.