The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
mentosman42

The Hit

You a big Aaron Ward fan? ;)

Oh Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!

I can't comment lest I get a warning for being off topic. So I wont say what a pansy Jagr is, and what a good guy Aaron Ward is.

:)

wow holy crap its 1am

didnt even realize till now

i guess im gonna sleep, might be doing something tommorow, who knows lol

anyway, good night and happy holidays

My how time flies when you're engaged an argument that will never end. ;)

Happy New Year to you too.

wow holy crap its 1am

didnt even realize till now

i guess im gonna sleep, might be doing something tommorow, who knows lol

anyway, good night and happy holidays

My how time flies when you're engaged an argument that will never end. ;)

Happy New Year to you too.

Texas school book despository, grassy knoll, and Orr.

:blink:

By the way, I think Orr and Avery will get a suspension of sorts. Avery not for the first, but for the second swing after the 2nd ref got there. 1 late swing, you get talked to by the Ref and its ok. 2 late swings and the front office feels it needs to back the officals.

Avery is normally the one doing the inciting then being savvy enough to move on, this time he probably should have cooled the last few swings.

i agree with you on this, i even started a thread on the rangers forum right after the hit and fight with orr and while mostly everyone over there feels the way ive said in my posts they also agree that the NHL will not hang its refs out to dry and a suspension WILL come to orr whether they determine the hit was clean or dirty.

as for avery, i have a feeling he is going to get a game suspension because he already has gotten a fine in respect to the "blake cancer incident" which he is currently in the middle of a lawsuit suing for damages from the toronto journalist that reported the story(because it never happened).

Oh Noeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesss!

I can't comment lest I get a warning for being off topic. So I wont say what a pansy Jagr is, and what a good guy Aaron Ward is.

:)

Jagr's alright. He's still moody but has definitely matured. He and Shanny make a nice tandem. They get along really well and their styles compliment each other. Something I didn't know about Jagr until he was a Ranger . . . great sense of humor. Who knew?

Can't say I was too unhappy to see Ward traded. While with the Rangers he scored more on Lundqvist than any other player in the league!

Jagr's alright. He's still moody but has definitely matured. He and Shanny make a nice tandem. They get along really well and their styles compliment each other. Something I didn't know about Jagr until he was a Ranger . . . great sense of humor. Who knew?

Can't say I was too unhappy to see Ward traded. While with the Rangers he scored more on Lundqvist than any other player in the league!

its sadly true, ward scored on lundy over like 10 times during the season. if you saw the replay of the last rangers game on espn of staal deflecting the puck with his stick, think that happening once a week lol

I really hate to bring this thread back on topic but "on the fly" just recapped this game.

"high hit" , "Cullen was a marked man", "lead with the forearm and elbow" , "Cullen's head was down but you don't hit in the head"

The subject of Avery wasn't even adressed.

I really hate to bring this thread back on topic but "on the fly" just recapped this game.

"high hit" , "Cullen was a marked man", "lead with the forearm and elbow" , "Cullen's head was down but you don't hit in the head"

We need to see a suspension from this.

oh and i just thought of this, about orr leaving his feet those pictures you took show he doesnt even lift one foot until after the collision has happened and they started to seperate, notice picture 4 and then 5

Renney didn't think it was an interference either. He also felt Avery was held during the final fracas and that Andrew Ladd wasn

Renney didn't think it was an interference either. He also felt Avery was held during the final fracas and that Andrew Ladd wasn

lol there is no way Renney said that. As much as I hate his team right now, there is no way he can be that stupid to say something that dumb. It's indisputable that Ladd was held and could not move anything while Avery was allowed to wail on Ladd.

It's a simple question and answer or two.

Who got punched? Ladd.

Who did the punching? Avery.

Who was being held in a full-nelson while being punched? Ladd.

Who was punching a guy who was being held in a full-nelson? Avery.

lol there is no way Renney said that. As much as I hate his team right now, there is no way he can be that stupid to say something that dumb. It's indisputable that Ladd was held and could not move anything while Avery was allowed to wail on Ladd.

I read it on their board. Someone was recapping Tom Renney's press conference and I couldn't believe a coach would say that.

I read it on their board. Someone was recapping Tom Renney's press conference and I couldn't believe a coach would say that.

Wow... it didn't take long for the NYR fans on here to run out their welcome...

Seriously, you're not gonna get us to agree with you. Just go back to your own board and have yourselves a 'oh we are so great for injuring players on dirty hits' orgy and leave the actual hockey discussion to us. Just don't come crying to us when one of the Flyers takes a run at one of your players and knocks him out for a long time because of a "clean" hit to the head

i'm not here to insult/provoke anyone and whatnot. but some of the things being said on here are just wrong.

its close mindedness like this previous post that gets "arguments" nowhere.

first of all, rangers players/fans arent big on the "oh we are so great for injuring players on dirty hits" whatsoever. there's no need to make stupid assumptions. when was the last time you saw a rangers player suspended for a dirty hit. not for a LONG time, not since 2006 when the raners/caps game was an all out brawl.. if you want to talk about people into that...go speak to some flyers fans. rangers players dont play dirty, look at avery...he of all people is one you would expect to, but when he came here, he turned a 180.

you dont have to agree, you have your own opinion, but the fact is...colton glided into him, it wasnt like he was charging towards him. cullen had the puck, so the interference call was pretty crappy...and colton's arm probably only went up to protect himself when he saw the hit coming and it didnt hit matt in the face.. cullen had his head down, never saw colton coming...big no no.

the contact they made was cullen's head hitting orr's...the most damage done to matt when when his head bounced off the ice.

i for one would never wish harm on matt cullen, i loved the guy when he was in new york. and i SERIOUSLY doubt that orr would purposely try to hurt him. orr himself was injured in the process. why would he do that to a former teammate especially. cullen was well liked on this team.

and lastly, why the heck would we be coming to you if a flyers player were to go after one of ours?

ugh.

It's silly to argue about Avery. He's that player you love when he's on your team and can't stand otherwise. No one is ever going to truly appreciate Avery until he plays on the team they root for.

And anyone who sez, "I would still hate him." is not being realistic.

Disagree. If Sean Avery was on a team I cheered for, I would still not like him. That goes for Chris Simon too.

Disagree. If Sean Avery was on a team I cheered for, I would still not like him. That goes for Chris Simon too.

true story. i hated simon when he was here....avery though, i like him.

Sometimes I wish that fans of the opposing team would not be allowed on this board, because it always results in arguing and name calling that really gets us nowhere and takes away from the original topic. :rolleyes:

Can

Here 's My 2 cents

Let me start off that I Love the Canes and absolutely Hate the Rangers.

The Orr hit was Legal. There should have not been a penalty. I think the play borders on classless and dirty but doesnt quite get there. The Hands are up and hits Cullen just below the Chin. I don't think a suspension is in order.

Avery on the other needs to get a 5 -10 game suspension. That was total disrespect for the officials and the game. When the linesman step in its over , end of story. He threw four punches and then another Two while Ladd was being restrained. Ladd threw 0.

I don't much about hockey (although I love it now), but I thought that was a dirty hit and deserving of suspension. I also thought the Rangers got away with some other dirty hits.

The only two reasons a Rangers fan would have to be here is to gloat over a victory or to try to defend his guy. Why waste the time? These threads run on and on, and it's all the same. I am glad when anyone comes here to discuss hockey, but don't come here to poke us with a stick. The best you can come up with on this one was that it was a marginal hit, let it go.

By the way, that is the Stanley Cup in the picture. Maybe you too will get to see it again one day.