The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

Its official... NHL does NOT Suspend Orr or Avery

im more sickened by the fact that avery didnt get anything. thats the most obviously violation of rules. plus if you include his past history.....no wonder every team hates avery.

What will it take to get someone suspended when they do something to us? Paralysis? Death?

This is sad.

Let's just say I am looking forward to the 29th of Jan.

What I can't believe is how many people thought the league was going to do anything about this. They have shown time and again they are not interested in the discipline of the players. You have to really do a number on somebody or a blatant act before the league will react.

If this policy doesn't change soon.....we're in for another era of goon hockey.....and that will only lead to more deteriation of the NHL.

If this policy doesn't change soon.....we're in for another era of goon hockey.....and that will only lead to more deteriation of the NHL.

Ding ding ding!

well, to be quite honest, Model got that from a rags poster on here who posted a link to a RANGERS blogger who said he talked to someone who heard there werent any suspensions given out, so I wouldnt give it 100% thought yet. we will see.

well, to be quite honest, Model got that from a rags poster on here who posted a link to a RANGERS blogger who said he talked to someone who heard there werent any suspensions given out, so I wouldnt give it 100% thought yet. we will see.

John Dellapina (NY Daily News) talked to Colin Campbell.

NHL wouldn't wait 3 days to suspend anyone; it has to be done in an appropriate amount of time after the incident. It's obvious that they think Orr's hit was legal, and that Avery's actions just deserve a warning and not something more severe. If ANYTHING, I'm hoping Avery gets a game for the misconduct penalty.

NHL wouldn't wait 3 days to suspend anyone; it has to be done in an appropriate amount of time after the incident. It's obvious that they think Orr's hit was legal, and that Avery's actions just deserve a warning and not something more severe. If ANYTHING, I'm hoping Avery gets a game for the misconduct penalty.

Avery's misconduct gets counted toward the three game misconducts = 1 game suspension rule.

He's not gonna get anything.

That is the dumbest crap I've ever heard of. I'm more mad that Avery isn't suspended than I am about Orr not being suspended. Avery was blatantly a moron and the NHL is going to let him get away with it??? What a joke....

If a Carolina player had done the same thing to a Ranger player the NHL would have thrown the book at him. There is a two tier system in the NHL, one for the franchises that generate the most revenue ie:The Rangers and one for the other teams ie: The Hurricanes. I have lost alot of respect for the NHL today.

If a Carolina player had done the same thing to a Ranger player the NHL would have thrown the book at him. There is a two tier system in the NHL, one for the franchises that generate the most revenue ie:The Rangers and one for the other teams ie: The Hurricanes. I have lost alot of respect for the NHL today.

In Gary Bettman's NHL, the system works backward.

A league SHOULD favor the big markets, because that brings in more revenue. However, Gary Bettman over-expanded the league, and he has to "favor" his expansion franchises (Carolina is not one of them, I'm not picking on you) so that he doesn't look foolish.

Overall tho, officiating and disciplinary anomalies even out for all the teams throughout the season. Every team feels like they get screwed a few times a season, but they benefit from it too.

I've watched the Orr hit multiple times and although it was a dangerous hit it was a clean hit. Bill Clement said it best on XM, the hit was late and dangerous, but clean and was deserved of the 5 min interference. Even though Cullen got hurt, I understand Orr not gettng suspended.

Now on to Avery. Colin Campbell just slapped his refs in the face. Cardinal Rule #1: You Do NOT under any circumstances thrown punches once the refs/linesman have intervened. That is total disrepectful to the refs and should/has been an automatic suspension.

I mean they gave Walker a 1 game suspension for head butting Fisher after the refs intervened. Avery should atleast get the same.

Its really no wonder this league is a joke to ESPN and others.

I've watched the Orr hit multiple times and although it was a dangerous hit it was a clean hit. Bill Clement said it best on XM, the hit was late and dangerous, but clean and was deserved of the 5 min interference. Even though Cullen got hurt, I understand Orr not gettng suspended.

Now on to Avery. Colin Campbell just slapped his refs in the face. Cardinal Rule #1: You Do NOT under any circumstances thrown punches once the refs/linesman have intervened. That is total disrepectful to the refs and should/has been an automatic suspension.

I mean they gave Walker a 1 game suspension for head butting Fisher after the refs intervened. Avery should atleast get the same.

Its really no wonder this league is a joke to ESPN and others.

The league is a joke to ESPN because of lack of interest from the fans.

I'm curious though...fighting is condoned and a part of hockey. Headbutting isn't, the last time I checked. Kinda apples to oranges there.

Agreed 100% with colesylarosefan. I can get over the Orr hit, but Avery broke the rules far beyond what Walker did, and Walker has a good reputation as a stand-up guy. Avery? HA! If Avery gets nothing, then it truly is no wonder why the rest of the sports worlds laughs at the NHL.

The league is a joke to ESPN because of lack of interest from the fans.

I'm curious though...fighting is condoned and a part of hockey. Headbutting isn't, the last time I checked. Kinda apples to oranges there.

Yeah... I missed the part about refs being involved in the fights though. Colin Campbell just gave his refs the biggest slap in the face possible.

You can say anything you like about Avery but the Rangers are a far better team when he plays and that's what counts. I wish we had someone like Avery. A player who comes to play every game and can get under players nerves. There aren't many teams in the NHL who wouldn't want someone like Avery to play.

The headbutt in itself was worthy of a suspension no matter when it happened. Not because the refs had intervened.

That's my point.

Stuff considered a "hockey play" like throwing punches in a fight, or big hits, even when questionable, are looked at much more favorably by the referees and disciplinarians. Stuff that isn't, like swinging a stick like a weapon (Chris Simon), or stepping on someones foot (Chris Simon), or headbutting someone get penalized more severely because they are in no way related to hockey, and are just acts of violence.

In most fights in hockey games that I've seen players being held back from fighting by the refs usually try to fight despite being held. In this case Avery was successful at getting off some punches

That's my point.

Stuff considered a "hockey play" like throwing punches in a fight, or big hits, even when questionable, are looked at much more favorably by the referees and disciplinarians. Stuff that isn't, like swinging a stick like a weapon (Chris Simon), or stepping on someones foot (Chris Simon), or headbutting someone get penalized more severely because they are in no way related to hockey, and are just acts of violence.

And breaking Ladd's orbital bone was "related to hockey" how?