The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

Its official... NHL does NOT Suspend Orr or Avery

You can say anything you like about Avery but the Rangers are a far better team when he plays and that's what counts. I wish we had someone like Avery. A player who comes to play every game and can get under players nerves. There aren't many teams in the NHL who wouldn't want someone like Avery to play.

kinda agree, if we had someone who had the toughness of avery, and the presence that he has, it would be great. but i think he carries along too much drama with him. most teams/players hate him, he's often involved in borderline legal hits, i just wouldnt feel proud about having him on our team. i mean look at scott stevens, he would be able to beat the snot out of any player he wanted to, but he had class.

A player like Avery would add zilch to the Canes. If we were to try and get an enforcer-type, I imagine JR would prefer the kind who actually drop gloves, unlike Avery.

In most fights in hockey games that I've seen players being held back from fighting by the refs usually try to fight despite being held. In this case Avery was successful at getting off some punches
If the players want to fight, they'll fight.

It was unfortunate for Ladd, because his linesmen had a much better hold on him than the other one did on Avery. At that point in the scrum, Ladd shouldn't have dropped his gloves. Not with a guy already corralled by the refs and going off to the box.

kinda agree, if we had someone who had the toughness of avery, and the presence that he has, it would be great. but i think he carries along too much drama with him. most teams/players hate him, he's often involved in borderline legal hits, i just wouldnt feel proud about having him on our team. i mean look at scott stevens, he would be able to beat the snot out of any player he wanted to, but he had class.
Scott Stevens and class don't belong in the same sentence.

The league is a joke to ESPN because of lack of interest from the fans.

I'm curious though...fighting is condoned and a part of hockey. Headbutting isn't, the last time I checked. Kinda apples to oranges there.

Really, I didn't realize fighting was part of hockey. Give me a freakin break, I know fighting is part of hockey, but you don't throw punches when the refs have intervened. That right there is enough to get you suspended and he should get suspended for that. He disrepected the refs for being classless and doing what he did.

I'm all for fighting, but everyone knows that once the refs get involved, the fight is over.

Oh and just b/c you decided to come to our board and be a jerk, let me tell you one other think Bill Clement said about the Rangers: "They have been trying to buy the cup for years, and they still aren't going to win it this year"

Scott Stevens and class don't belong in the same sentence.

Aw, the Devil get under the Ranger fans skin?

Orr made a very similar play to Stevens in the last game. A big hit, a little late, but clean.

I'm all for fighting, but everyone knows that once the refs get involved, the fight is over.

There are plenty of times that players continue to try to fight after the refs get involved.

Aw, the Devil get under the Ranger fans skin?

Orr made a very similar play to Stevens in the last game. A big hit, a little late, but clean.

Stevens could open a headhunting school. A great player and hall of famer nonetheless, but, not exactly a model citizen on the ice.

There are plenty of times that players continue to try to fight after the refs get involved.

This is my last response to a Rangers fan:

Karma is a beatch....nuff said

Stevens could open a headhunting school. A great player and hall of famer nonetheless, but, not exactly a model citizen on the ice.

hahaha i just love how we have modelcitizen here on the boards who is so flippin pissed off at you guys, and you use it in your sentence.

sorry, just my random ADD mind kickin in, honestly nothin against anyone, just thought it was funny. please continue.

Leave that garbage elsewhere. Stevens took out Francis in the 2001 playoffs, I got no problem with it.

Also if you want toughness why would you get Avery? Does he seem tough to you?He's just a good weasel and makes people take dumb penalties (like cullen did in the 1st period before he got nailed).

So Avery should be suspended only because there was an injury? Should every injury result in a suspension?

well to gkrangers....yeah he is kinda a small boy, milk probably would help, we need to get sponsored by mayola instead of REX health center.

and for the injury....

i feel that either way he was being hit after the refs came in, that should have been a good warning, and then to break his face as a result of breaking the rules, i mean, its obviously a violation of the rules, refs come in you stop, you dont stop you get warned, but when you continue to the point of breaking another guys face, honestly, that deserves a punishment. and for every injury....for real? i mean, only kids who just started watching hockey ask this question, if you hit a guy completely legal and break his wrist, so what, it was legal. no punishment. but avery throwing those extra punches wasn't legal, it makes all the difference.

His hits were punishing, but clean. The league never did anything about it, so I guess they were all ok :rolleyes:

well to gkrangers....yeah he is kinda a small boy, milk probably would help, we need to get sponsored by mayola instead of REX health center.

and for the injury....

i feel that either way he was being hit after the refs came in, that should have been a good warning, and then to break his face as a result of breaking the rules, i mean, its obviously a violation of the rules, refs come in you stop, you dont stop you get warned, but when you continue to the point of breaking another guys face, honestly, that deserves a punishment. and for every injury....for real? i mean, only kids who just started watching hockey ask this question, if you hit a guy completely legal and break his wrist, so what, it was legal. no punishment. but avery throwing those extra punches wasn't legal, it makes all the difference.

He was punished. He served his penalty.

I'm curious though...fighting is condoned and a part of hockey. Headbutting isn't, the last time I checked. Kinda apples to oranges there.

I'm curious though... fighting is condoned and a part of hockey. Relying on the refs to hold your opponent away from you while you sucker punch him isn't, the last time I checked. Kinda apples to oranges there.

He was punished. He served his penalty.

yeah i know you guys agree, and i personally just feel that it should be something more severe than that, and of course we'll look to the NHL to be the judge on that, but they are so screwed up these days that no one knows what exactly goes on, and only the baseball swings to the face type of hits are the ones we actually know when a guy is getting suspended. all im saying that is if i were able to lay down the law, i'd punish avery cause it was obviously a violation and you have to take into consideration a players history. obviously 99% of rangers fans will disagree and say the game misconduct is enough. but honestly who cares at this point, everyone here is such a die hard fan that no one is going to change their mind because of an opposing player's opinion.

As someone new to hockey, the inconsistency in suspensions/punishments is starting to turn me off the sport. C. Adams gets a 2-game suspension for a high sticking but Orr gets nothing for a hit with a raised elbow to the head? Cullen lost consciousness on the ice. I think the intent to injure is clear in this case.

What is wrong with this picture?

Get some consistency in the suspensions, PLEASE!!!!!

People don't usually headhunt with their own head. lol

haha yeah! whats wrong with you ranger's huh?? ;)

umm i know im killin the mood around here, but anyone have an official link or something so that we're not just killing each other and it turns out avery is banned from the nhl and we'll have to reverse roles here?