The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
model-citizen-1

Its official... NHL does NOT Suspend Orr or Avery

People don't usually headhunt with their own head. lol

Which is why Orr hit him with the forearm/elbow

and don't even start with the 'his face was bleeding' bullcrap... he just got out of a fight with Commodore when that picture was taken so don't even start

People don't usually headhunt with their own head. lol

His head was bloody from Commodore's fists. Not Cullens head.

haha yeah! whats wrong with you ranger's huh?? ;)

umm i know im killin the mood around here, but anyone have an official link or something so that we're not just killing each other and it turns out avery is banned from the nhl and we'll have to reverse roles here?

read the NYTimes article and saw some ESPNNews where Melrose and Hradek basically said that since they didn't do anything by now, nothing will be done

If either were going to be suspended, it would have happened already

haha yeah! whats wrong with you ranger's huh?? ;)

umm i know im killin the mood around here, but anyone have an official link or something so that we're not just killing each other and it turns out avery is banned from the nhl and we'll have to reverse roles here?

It's not on any of the major news sites (tsn, nhl.com, etc) but it was reported in a blog here http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/''>http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/' target="_blank">http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/[/post]

Which is why Orr hit him with the forearm/elbow

and don't even start with the 'his face was bleeding' bullcrap... he just got out of a fight with Commodore when that picture was taken so don't even start

Didn't see the replay clearly showing their heads hitting, huh?

Didn't see the replay clearly showing their heads hitting, huh?

yeah but there isnt any way to prove the cuts came from the hit and not a fist or vice versa....sorry guys, this is a dead topic, no one wins here.

im still pissed no one laughed at my idea for getting a nobody and injecting him with HGH.....in the 'what now' thread. i thought it was funny, you guys just kill my self esteem. thanksssss

I'll take that as a no.

Good to see someone laughing around here though. This place is kinda serious.

Normally we're pretty chill, it's just the events surrounding the game last night have left us on edge.

Just wait 'til Cullen's back and the trolls are gone and we'll be fine.

Normally we're pretty chill, it's just the events surrounding the game last night have left us on edge.

Just wait 'til Cullen's back and the trolls are gone and we'll be fine.

I can't wait to see that.

im still pissed no one laughed at my idea for getting a nobody and injecting him with HGH.....in the 'what now' thread. i thought it was funny, you guys just kill my self esteem. thanksssss

If I'd seen it I would have laughed, but if I were to go there now and laugh at it you would think it was out of pity.

Sorry.

Scott Stevens and class don't belong in the same sentence.

Stevens had class; what a farse to say otherwise. Like it or not, he was one of the game's best and most clean hitters...always went in with his shoulder. Don't use the whole Orr situation to insult Scott Stevens.

Posted this earlier, but the NHL is missing the boat. Wait until one of these hacks takes out someone's franchise player ( Sid the Kid, St Louis or Jagr etc.). The message has been sent, injuring the opponent's players seriously is just fine. This latest call proves the point.:blink:

La Rose, concussion-Boarded-no penalty/no suspension

Williams, knee injury-Tripped, hooked, held- no penalty

Cullen, possible concussion- Elbow, charge- penalty/ suspension?

Avery grabs Letowski from behind in a choke hold during a skirmish in the crease.

IMO, teams are making runs at our guys---and getting away with it. Officiating has been lax and inconsistent, both ways, all year. The league has been inconsistent with suspensions all year. Players are now getting seriously injured. This crap needs to stop.

Hitting is big part of this game, but officials need to be consistent and keep players between the lines.

Cullen was targeted from the beginning as an ex Ranger. Avery got away it one on him, Orr did not. Orr will be suspended. Avery however is nothing but a goon with no discipline and the league should have no sympathy or room for his kind of cheap play. Other teams are going to start making runs at the Rangers after last night. This is going to get worse until the league makes a real statement. :angry:

Bingo. Truly sad day for the League.

You said that right. It's sad for my sons too because until the league gets its act together, I'll not take my sons to another hockey game. For Christ sakes I had to make them leave the room because of the UFC kind of play that was going on. Is this what we want to teach out kids? It's okay to take cheap shots and take another player out just because the other team is ahead?

Posted this earlier, but the NHL is missing the boat. Wait until one of these hacks takes out someone's franchise player ( Sid the Kid, St Louis or Jagr etc.). The message has been sent, injuring the opponent's players seriously is just fine. This latest call proves the point.:blink:

La Rose, concussion-Boarded-no penalty/no suspension

Williams, knee injury-Tripped, hooked, held- no penalty

Cullen, possible concussion- Elbow, charge- penalty/ suspension?

Avery grabs Letowski from behind in a choke hold during a skirmish in the crease.

IMO, teams are making runs at our guys---and getting away with it. Officiating has been lax and inconsistent, both ways, all year. The league has been inconsistent with suspensions all year. Players are now getting seriously injured. This crap needs to stop.

Hitting is big part of this game, but officials need to be consistent and keep players between the lines.

Cullen was targeted from the beginning as an ex Ranger. Avery got away it one on him, Orr did not. Orr will be suspended. Avery however is nothing but a goon with no discipline and the league should have no sympathy or room for his kind of cheap play. Other teams are going to start making runs at the Rangers after last night. This is going to get worse until the league makes a real statement. :angry:

Its already been mostly concluded that Orr will not be suspended, unfortunately.

Avery should have been suspended, IMO. Not as serious as some things but the league shouldn't try and pretend it's seeking real control. It's unevenness in it's application of the rules to different teams or individuals is somewhat of a joke.

Aw, the Devil get under the Ranger fans skin?

Orr made a very similar play to Stevens in the last game. A big hit, a little late, but clean.

Stevens generally aimed for the chest and stomach, not the head.

maybe this means it wasn't a dirty hit from orr. maybe avery wasn't out of line. that's all i'm going to say. have your own opinons about it

I read Avery's lips, he was well out of line.

maybe this means it wasn't a dirty hit from orr. maybe avery wasn't out of line. that's all i'm going to say. have your own opinons about it

Yep, and maybe someday pigs will fly. And no, that's not all you're going to say about it. I triple dog dare you to leave now.