The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
BigMiike

What is your Hockey Name?

Oh I came up with a new one that would be great if I played for the Canes. Since my last name is Ray I could be "Raisen Cane"

Well, my screen name concerns my family of 5 so I guess it could be "cinco" (Spanish for 5), though I am NOT spanish. My last name though is Buchanan and everyone calls my Buck for short.

Short history lesson...LOL

Actually, Buchanan is pronounced two different ways, depending on where you are from. I am from South Carolina where it is pronounced "Buck-cannon", but since I was in the military, I am use to hearing it pronounced "Bu-cannon".

Well, I tried to be creative with my user name, but it's hard to be creative with a user name that isn't very creative...

Uhh... my friends call me Peaches... but, I don't think sports player would want to be nick-named Peaches...

So... yea

You know what comes to my mind when i was going trough this thread...

Anyone remembers that episode of Seinfield where George was trying to come up with cool nickname and what happened at the end. :lol:

Since I from Erwin, NC I have my name here as Erwin Cane-head and a lot of people refer to me as Erwin. My real name is Caron so on other boards I am known as Caroniac (a mix of Caron and caniac), a lot of people thought I was a big hockey fan of a player with the last name of Caron (I have no clue who that player is). So I guess I can be Erwin Caroniac-hmm maybe I'll change my name.

I picked Heracane for my user name since I'm female and a Canes fan - thought it would be a good take-off on Hurricane.

Our last name is Turk - a lot of people call me and my husband and boys "Turk", but I guess my hockey name could be "Turkey"!

Turk...thats awesome...ever see the show Scrubs?

You betcha!!! It's one of our favorite shows. I so hate that the writer's strike right now! The creator did say that if the writer's strike continues, they may have to put the series finale on the last season's DVD - hope that doesn't happen.

You betcha!!! It's one of our favorite shows. I so hate that the writer's strike right now! The creator did say that if the writer's strike continues, they may have to put the series finale on the last season's DVD - hope that doesn't happen.

yeah no kidding! I thought the writers strike was over a few weeks ago though. I know there are a few shows that are starting to air new episodes again. And Leno and Conan have new episodes on the 2nd...so who knows.