The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesInSeven

Grahame Placed on Waivers

You gonna stop after 12:00 or just keep going?

Not sure....but come on...that WAS funny. :lol:

OOOOOH good one C&E!! LMAO

Edit: It is 12 now......we'll see if anything good comes to me though. I might have to make exceptions. :lol:

John's played 8 NHL seasons and only 3 times has his SV% been above .900, you can blame D if you want.....but that stinks. Expecially when 5 seasons were pre-lockout when scoring was low and most goalies were above .900 even if they werent good.

That's standard GM-speak. He isn't going to trash Grahame while he still hopes someone will claim him waivers, most likely re-entry if there is a chance at all.

This is a high stakes version of pulling the goalie to inspire the team that let him down. If JR really thought Grahame was doing a good job, he wouldn't have cut him loose. Grahame was well-liked in the room and JR wants guys to know their are harsh consequences.

Thats like John Fox calling out the entire Eagle team after that NFC title game. Philly stunk it up, still Fox praised them.

Are we? I'm in this league: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/52025''>http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/52025' target="_blank">http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/52025[/post]

I'm getting killed this week because my team is still playing like they're on Christmas break haha

No, I am in the Private "Carolina Hockey League".

John's played 8 NHL seasons and only 3 times has his SV% been above .900, you can blame D if you want.....but that stinks. Expecially when 5 seasons were pre-lockout when scoring was low and most goalies were above .900 even if they werent good.

Actually, I will fault the defense a bit, at least in Carolina. Our D is bad. That's why it's more important for a goalie to be an absolute show-stopper (think Gerber in 2005-06). We can't have any weak goals. I think JG's middle name is "Weakgoals".

Cam is still learning, at least. But we really need a great netminder to stay competitive some nights. I think he can be that guy (he was in the playoffs and Finals), but Grahame was getting to be an automatic-loss kind of keeper.

Remember how great Gerber was? Just saying.

Are we definitely putting him on re-entry waivers? I'm not to clear on how that works so I wasn't sure.

Basically each time he gets put back on waivers because he will not report to the River Rats we are on the hook less and less for his salary. I think :blink:

Can we pick Irbe back up?

IRBE SAYS NO!

Actually, I will fault the defense a bit, at least in Carolina. Our D is bad.

What you have to understand from my point is, Grahame's played for 3 teams so thats 3 different defense's he's been under a .900% with.

Are we definitely putting him on re-entry waivers? I'm not to clear on how that works so I wasn't sure.

I don't believe there are any requirements for us to put him on re-entry waivers, we can just assign him to the AHL if he clears waivers going down. Since the organization has been fairly quiet about it, I'm not sure what their plans might be on giving him another shot by calling him back up on re-entry. Either way, the first thing we should see if he is unclaimed is him being assigned to Albany. I imagine at that time there will be a press release and they would likely mention if they were going to bring him back up to be claimed at half price. However, I don't expect he'll be called up without JR already having discussed the matter with a team that was going to pick him up.

WOWWWWWWWWWW...Someone is a bit cockey eh?

“I would say it’s one thing to go down and play because of the way you’ve played — and granted I think I could have played better during a few situations — but I don’t think the opportunity I maybe expected came along where I could have helped out to my full potential,” Grahame said Friday. “You never know. Things happen for a reason. Maybe down there I can play some games, get into a groove and see what happens.”

“I gotta be honest, I’m not quite sure,” Grahame said. “It’s a first for me. I haven’t been in the minors for however long, since the beginning of my career, six or seven years, probably. One thing I can say is there’s a little bit of excitement to go down there and play some games. I kind of think I’ve been sitting on the bench for a year and a half.

That's what backups do....they SIT on the BENCH.

That is quite lame...even on his way out he makes excuses for himself. :rolleyes:

Thanks Brynthe for clearing that up for me!

So apparently he has cleared and is on his way to Albany and, in true John Grahame fashion, blamed everything but himself for this happening. He's kind of acting as if he had NO idea that Cam was the #1 and he was going to be backing him up and not playing much.

JR made a point of saying that this was not John's fault and he didn't blame him and John turns right around and makes statements like that. I'm sorry but this is my problem with John, I don't feel he's a team player at all.

JG thinks it's not his fault? How? I honest-to-God think the Canes were playing him so much in the hopes he would do well enough to draw some trade interest. He didn't, and he didn't. That is on him. If he'd stopped even the soft shots he faced, maybe he'd be on another NHL roster right now (everybody knows that there are teams looking for goaltending, too). Jeez.

So John, what chance was it going to take for you to play to your full potential? You hear all our guy's taking the blame for losses when interviewed and the one guy I have a problem with only back's up what I've been saying about him all along. Thanks John!

One of my favorite parts is where he said he didn't have enough opportunity to play to his full potential and they posted that since he's been here, Ward has played 92 games and he has played 41. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that just 5 shy of HALF of the games?

Sorry, that just really bugs me that he did that.

One of my favorite parts is where he said he didn't have enough opportunity to play to his full potential and they posted that since he's been here, Ward has played 92 games and he has played 41. Correct me if I'm wrong but is that just 5 shy of HALF of the games?

actually, that is 133 total, and 41 is just under a third of those games. he has played just under HALF as many games as Ward, but not half of the total games.